Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: 4th air defence at th8

Forum Superstar
    Quote Originally Posted by Def4ultpl4y3r View Post
    Exactly but the question is how do we convince all the people that are blinded to th8. People just use dragons at th9 but most of the time fail because there was no reason to use a govaho at th8 (since it requires lots of dark elixir to upgrade) when you can just complete 1 upgrade in the lab and go out thrashing every base you see. The problem is that th8 can only work if the attacker is bad. It doesn't matter how good the 'BEST BASE' is as long as the attacker is bad. I think supercell focus too much on the higher town hall levels and not give enough credit to the lower ones. People should not play games because they want to progress. They should play because the want to have fun.
    Why are you so concerned about only th8 and not th3-7 also? Are they not easier in 2021 than they were in 2015? Maxed troops have gotten stronger and lower th defense have not so its understandable for them to be easier. Your concerned about a th that is a stepping stone and not a relevant one anymore.

Why wouldn't someone play a game to progess? That is the point of most games.
    Last edited by Tollboothwillie; 1 Hour Ago at 01:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tollboothwillie View Post
    Why are you so concerned about only th8 and not th3-7 also? Are they not easier in 2021 than they were in 2015? Maxed troops have gotten stronger and lower th defense have not so its understandable for them to be easier. Your concerned about a th that is a stepping stone and not a relevant one anymore.

Why wouldn't someone play a game to progess? That is the point of most games.
    I progress on my th10 account and I am also concerned about th7 but I don't say anything about it because it is balanced already. I think that th8 is a nice change of pace but I don't want to be able to blindly 3 star maxed out bases with th8 by upgrading one troop in the laboratory. It's not really a stepping stone anymore because it is the same difficulty as th2. A stepping stone should be slightly harder than an earlier one which th8 is failing to achieve. Th8 was the most fun town hall and I have a lot of my CoC nostalgia base on it. th7 in 2015 was actually way EASIER because in 2016 supercell decided to add that third air defence which made it completely fair. th6 also became more challenging since they also added the second air defence in 2016. Coc th8 is not the way it is supposed to be. It's ironic that it's waaay easier than even th4 since this area of the game is ludicrously broken. Last war, I used my th7 account with dragons + rage and heal combo to 3 star a th8 with level 6 air defences. It was the same difficulty as a th6 3 starring a th5 because they made the dragons breathe fire faster than in 2015 and gave them a smarter ai. I partially think the reason why a lot of clashers left (not a reference to me) for some of the years of the game is that they made the lower town hall levels too easy to 3 star and they made the game very grindy. If the speed of the progress is like 2021, but the difficulty of th8 is 2015, while the difficulty of th7-th6 is of 2016, I think it could be very enjoyable on all levels. I understand they can't nerf the lightning spell so adding a 4th air defence will be nostalgic to 2016 and will not clash with th14.

You want 4th air defense ? get that season bank loot and reach TH 9 , supercell shouldn't care much for lower TH , they really shouldn't , the fun should be on the maxed TH always , please , its not bad saying TH 8 would have 4th air defense , i won't say its bad , but its not really needed either , what do they call it ? not-needed / unnecessary . you'll say still add it , then people will use goho , which is also as strong as any other strat , don't ask for another wizard tower then , just upgrade to TH 9 then