Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 100

  Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: 4th air defence at th8

  1. #81
    Quote Originally Posted by blazeaxel View Post
    they may have more army space or more spell space too
    Let's talk about this more. In 2016, when my base was 3 starred, it was th9s. They were able to destroy 2 air defences so they had 1 air defence left with no spells remaining because 2 lightning spells and an earthquake spell for each air defence so they had no spells left. ALMOST EVERY TIME. I got 3 starred. I built one base that worked once against a th9. Every other base failed against those th9s and it was basically the same thing but with an archer queen. Th8 spell composition today is more powerful than the spell composition of th9 back then because the lightning spells damage anything they touch. while lightning spells back then didn't do the same damage each time so it was more fair. So this is basically the same situation except it is supposed to be more 'fair'. You see what I'm getting at?

  2. #82
    Quote Originally Posted by Cryo0320 View Post
    your arguments of having another air defense are falling short , WE DON'T need another air defense to nerf a thing already unreliable. Period.
    Unreliable? I thought unreliable meant not a working strategy for Coc? Not a strategy that is hard to control but works nearly every time.

  3. #83
    Quote Originally Posted by Cryo0320 View Post
    unreliable means a strategy which can 3 stars but sometimes makes fails which can cost you the whole attack, dragons are one of these strategies at th 8
    I think a good attacker will never fail dragons at th8. The only time they will fail is when the defender surprises you which is almost never because a good attacker is nearly always prepared.

  4.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #84
    Quote Originally Posted by Def4ultpl4y3r View Post
    Yes but I always get attacked by them in war (and they are new th9s) so they have the same troops as th8 with a level 1 archer queen. But it is still proof.
    It is proof of absolutely nothing except that a higher level TH should always 3 star almost any lower TH. Even if they haven't upgraded the level of the dragons, they will usually have an extra one because one of the first things most people do is upgrade their camps.

  5. #85
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    It is proof of absolutely nothing except that a higher level TH should always 3 star almost any lower TH. Even if they haven't upgraded the level of the dragons, they will usually have an extra one because one of the first things most people do is upgrade their camps.
    Yes. A higher town hall level should always 3 star a lower one. But the same town hall level should not get 3 stars 100% of the time on the same one.

  6. #86
    Quote Originally Posted by Def4ultpl4y3r View Post
    Yep but when I say they are a strong troop, I am referring to their ability at th8. Dragons have many weaknesses but they are nullified by the fact that th8 lightning spells are too strong and the fact that the bases are usually small and have archer towers near or next to the air defences. I don't find it fair that one attack strategy can destroy every base and it is a nooby one to execute.
    Bases that have archer towers right next to ADs deserve to get 3 starred at th8. Period. SC should do nothing to help those players defend better. Also, there is no point discussing what you consider a "nooby" attack at th8, which is for NEW players, relatively speaking.

    Quote Originally Posted by Def4ultpl4y3r View Post
    It is the strongest troop... At th8. The fact that you can use only dragons without any other combination of troop goes to show how broken it is at going to get the 3 stars. I admit that there are problems with it but it doesn't really matter since you can just remove most of their threats without putting troops down.
    Using only dragons at th8 is not the strongest 3 star attack plan. Strategic use of loons helps if the base is designed well. A well designed base will have some archer towers on the back side destroying dragons for a long time before the dragons finally get through the hall, storages, etc. to get to the archer towers. The fact that you see the strongest troop at th8 3 starring some designs is not proof of anything.

    Quote Originally Posted by Def4ultpl4y3r View Post
    The thing is though I came back after a year of playing clash of clans (February 2021) then I found out that you can take down 2 air defences with lightning spells. I have built many bases in the past to defend against dragons and they eventually got wrecked. The first time they were attacked they were successful but eventually I found a guy who was able to 3 star the bases. So when I came back I decided to upgrade to th9 since I realised there was no point of playing th8 anymore and I would only return to th8 if there was one balance change for dragons. So if the bases I built in 2016, 2017 and 2019 always got wrecked eventually, imagine what would happen to those bases now. Since it requires luck to defend against dragons at th8 I realised that th9 might be better but it is not even CLOSE to being the same as th8 so I will return eventually.
    Good, you are supposed to upgrade to th9. That's the point. Th8 isn't supposed to be balanced based on players just sitting there perma-maxed with years of experience picking on players playing it for the first time.

    Quote Originally Posted by Def4ultpl4y3r View Post
    but the 4th air defence just makes it more challenging to people who are used to dragons but I guess supercell is not going to do this as Ajax has mentioned.
    It wouldn't just make it more challenging. Hogs, dragons and govaho are all popular. A 4th AD would take away one of those three.

    Quote Originally Posted by Def4ultpl4y3r View Post
    I really want the 4th air defence but unfortunately, no one wants it.
    Considering you are th9, why do you even want it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Def4ultpl4y3r View Post
    Nope but it would be cool and it wouldn't hurt anyone.
    Sure it would. It would hurt the players playing th8 for the first time who can't three star with dragons because of the extra AD.

    Quote Originally Posted by Def4ultpl4y3r View Post
    The thing is though adding a 4th air defence does not nerf the dragons because the dragons themselves are the same strength.
    When someone says another AD would nerf dragons, of course they don't mean the dragon itself is actually changed. They mean dragons are now a weaker option for attacking, and there is no doubt that is the case with your proposal.

    Quote Originally Posted by Def4ultpl4y3r View Post
    Maybe an extra defence at th8 that defends against air but I guess everyone hates the idea that I want extra defences even though they exist a th9 and adding them won't affect the flow of the game.
    I agree it wouldn't impact the overall upgrade time if the th9 AD was moved to th8, but it would make war very frustrating for first time th8 players. Th8 should be easier to 3 star than th9 and if you add a 4th AD, you leave pretty much only hogs for first time players.

    Quote Originally Posted by Def4ultpl4y3r View Post
    Actually, in 2016 I made a th8 war base that lasted 6 months and guess what it got 3 starred by the first time it got 3 starred? dragons. I can make a good base it's just that I always get attacked by th9s in the war which is still a loss and they use dragons every time to take out 2 air defences. So it's still popular at th9. What's your list of features that make a good base? I've made many bases that withstand th8 attacks. When people 3 star my base it just means that they attacked well as of 2016 and 2017 but I no longer think of it that way in 2021.
    No th8 base design should "last for 6 months." Also, no th8 should be able to withstand a th9 attack. It has ALWAYS been the case that the extra offense at th9 (even before the queen is built) made it easy to 3 star th8s.

    Quote Originally Posted by Def4ultpl4y3r View Post
    Yes but I always get attacked by them in war (and they are new th9s) so they have the same troops as th8 with a level 1 archer queen. But it is still proof.
    And the spell? The queen makes a big difference also (and I doubt you're getting hit by many "level 1" archer queens. These players never have the boost? Never use a potion? I suppose maybe they don't need to because, again, it should be easy for a th9 to destroy a th8.

    Quote Originally Posted by Def4ultpl4y3r View Post
    Let's talk about this more. In 2016, when my base was 3 starred, it was th9s. They were able to destroy 2 air defences so they had 1 air defence left with no spells remaining because 2 lightning spells and an earthquake spell for each air defence so they had no spells left. ALMOST EVERY TIME. I got 3 starred. I built one base that worked once against a th9. Every other base failed against those th9s and it was basically the same thing but with an archer queen. Th8 spell composition today is more powerful than the spell composition of th9 back then because the lightning spells damage anything they touch. while lightning spells back then didn't do the same damage each time so it was more fair. So this is basically the same situation except it is supposed to be more 'fair'. You see what I'm getting at?
    A th8 should not be able to defend against a th9. It is NOT the same situation. A th8 attack currently is not nearly as strong as a th9 attack, even very early th9s. That little bit extra offense makes a huge difference to a hall (th8) that is already supposed to be pretty easy to 3 star for someone with experience (which a th9 would be).

    Quote Originally Posted by Def4ultpl4y3r View Post
    I think a good attacker will never fail dragons at th8. The only time they will fail is when the defender surprises you which is almost never because a good attacker is nearly always prepared.
    That's not true. Th8s still fail at times with dragons against well designed bases even if they are good attackers, though they will usually 3 star, as they should.
    Last edited by 2222; March 2nd, 2021 at 03:23 PM.

    Contact SC here. Click here for how trophies are calculated. Click here to see how war map placement of max halls is determined. An idea to improve legends here. I wish max players had a separate loot bank as described here. Caution, I often discuss for the sake of discussion and enjoy having my opinion challenged (or approved of) even when I care little about the actual issue. My balance wish: get rid of tornado trap, make it a decoration.

  7. #87
    Quote Originally Posted by 2222 View Post
    Bases that have archer towers right next to ADs deserve to get 3 starred at th8. Period. SC should do nothing to help those players defend better. Also, there is no point discussing what you consider a "nooby" attack at th8, which is for NEW players, relatively speaking.



    Using only dragons at th8 is not the strongest 3 star attack plan. Strategic use of loons helps if the base is designed well. A well designed base will have some archer towers on the back side destroying dragons for a long time before the dragons finally get through the hall, storages, etc. to get to the archer towers. The fact that you see the strongest troop at th8 3 starring some designs is not proof of anything.



    Good, you are supposed to upgrade to th9. That's the point. Th8 isn't supposed to be balanced based on players just sitting there perma-maxed with years of experience picking on players playing it for the first time.



    It wouldn't just make it more challenging. Hogs, dragons and govaho are all popular. A 4th AD would take away one of those three.



    Considering you are th9, why do you even want it?



    Sure it would. It would hurt the players playing th8 for the first time who can't three star with dragons because of the extra AD.



    When someone says another AD would nerf dragons, of course they don't mean the dragon itself is actually changed. They mean dragons are now a weaker option for attacking, and there is no doubt that is the case with your proposal.



    I agree it wouldn't impact the overall upgrade time if the th9 AD was moved to th8, but it would make war very frustrating for first time th8 players. Th8 should be easier to 3 star than th9 and if you add a 4th AD, you leave pretty much only hogs for first time players.



    No th8 base design should "last for 6 months." Also, no th8 should be able to withstand a th9 attack. It has ALWAYS been the case that the extra offense at th9 (even before the queen is built) made it easy to 3 star th8s.



    And the spell? The queen makes a big difference also (and I doubt you're getting hit by many "level 1" archer queens. These players never have the boost? Never use a potion? I suppose maybe they don't need to because, again, it should be easy for a th9 to destroy a th8.



    A th8 should not be able to defend against a th9. It is NOT the same situation. A th8 attack currently is not nearly as strong as a th9 attack, even very early th9s. That little bit extra offense makes a huge difference to a hall (th8) that is already supposed to be pretty easy to 3 star for someone with experience (which a th9 would be).



    That's not true. Th8s still fail at times with dragons against well designed bases even if they are good attackers, though they will usually 3 star, as they should.
    I said want the 4th air defence because th8s deserve something to help better but they won't get it so the beginners will get frustrated because their base is not working.

  8. #88
    Senior Member blazeaxel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2020
    Location
    A planet which orbits a star.
    Posts
    347
    Quote Originally Posted by Def4ultpl4y3r View Post
    I said want the 4th air defence because th8s deserve something to help better but they won't get it so the beginners will get frustrated because their base is not working.
    I don't get this logic.
    Some days later, a player like you who likes th5 will demand something related to th5, although there are very less players which actually care of th5. Then for th4, slowly for th3.

    Made by, Be a Legend

  9. #89
    Quote Originally Posted by blazeaxel View Post
    I don't get this logic.
    Some days later, a player like you who likes th5 will demand something related to th5, although there are very less players which actually care of th5. Then for th4, slowly for th3.
    I don't think anyone cares for th5. But th8 is the middle ground in the game so that's why I care about it. Below th8 is kind of the beginner ground.

  10.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #90
    Quote Originally Posted by Def4ultpl4y3r View Post
    I don't think anyone cares for th5. But th8 is the middle ground in the game so that's why I care about it. Below th8 is kind of the beginner ground.
    TH8 is not the middle ground in the game, and hasn't been for years now.

    If the game were not to change from the current position, new players will be reaching TH11 about half way through the time it takes to max out TH13. Even when TH11 was the max, you spent far more time at TH9 & 10 than you did at TH2-8.

    Of course, Clash will change from the current position, and the "middle ground" will keep moving upwards as it does so.

    Bu I suspect this perception of yours is at the root of your desire for change at TH8. You see it as a significant Town Hall when it really isn't.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •