Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: 4th air defence at th8

4th air defence at th8

many years ago at th7 there was a problem with dragon attacks where you lightning one air defence and the base can't do anything to defend against dragons. In 2016 they added the third air defence to th7 to fix this problem. Now in 2021 we can destroy 2 air defences at th8 leaving the base defenceless. Adding a fourth air defence to th8 is not in the ruled out ideas section, nor is it in the frequently requested ideas section. Since th8 and th9 has an HUUUUGE difference in difficulty, adding the 4th air defence would be a good way for people to learn that some bases are good with ground attacks and some are good with air so when they go to th9 they wouldn't receive such a shock from the different items that th9 offers. Dragon attacks will still be a viable strategy at th8 with the fourth air defence because back in 2014 we could only take out 1 air defence without having any rage spells and still be able to beat the base if you were good enough. Before anyone tells me to upgrade to th9, I have a very nearly maxed th9 account, a new th9 as well so I know the game enough. Please supercell consider this idea because now th7 is balanced and this 4th air defence may be a pain but if th8 is a bit harder, clashers will be able to develop skills with a variety of attacks. Also, farming will not be too different with this 4th air defence since most farming attacks use ground troops. Also, this will help th8s not to be too defenceless in terms of air when they upgrade to th9 since they get a weak air defence as soon as they upgrade to th9. My point is that this air defence will help people to bring a variety of attacks to clan wars and I believe this change will make th8 as fun and as fair as it once was while also not affecting th10s to th13s. Is there any reason why th8s can't receive a 4th air defence?

Now in 2021 ,the clash team have no interest in extremly lower town halls so if you don't like something in townhall 8, upgrade faster to higher town hall.

Quote Originally Posted by Ullaspn View Post
    Now in 2021 ,the clash team have no interest in extremly lower town halls so if you don't like something in townhall 8, upgrade faster to higher town hall.
    I know th8 may be a low level but it doesn't affect higher town hall levels and also will make it easier for farmers since their bases will not get 3 starred by dragon spammers each time. What supercell wants is quick progress for low town hall levels and this 4th air defence will allow quicker progress since dragon attacks are usually for war and since it is cheap people use it to farm so people lose a lot of loot very quickly so the 4th air defence will prevent loot loss allowing people to upgrade things faster.

Pro Member
    New Delhi, India, Asia, The Earth, The Solar System, Milkyway galaxy
    Quote Originally Posted by Def4ultpl4y3r View Post
    I know th8 may be a low level but it doesn't affect higher town hall levels and also will make it easier for farmers since their bases will not get 3 starred by dragon spammers each time. What supercell wants is quick progress for low town hall levels and this 4th air defence will allow quicker progress since dragon attacks are usually for war and since it is cheap people use it to farm so people lose a lot of loot very quickly so the 4th air defence will prevent loot loss allowing people to upgrade things faster.
    Why are you farming on a TH8? Anything that needs to be farmed at TH8 is only gold that means you can use a 100 million elixir strategy too for farming. Elixir is more than enough on TH8 and elixir upgrades are less too. And dragons help progressing as they help farming gold easily.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayankkumar View Post
    Why are you farming on a TH8? Anything that needs to be farmed at TH8 is only gold that means you can use a 100 million elixir strategy too for farming. Elixir is more than enough on TH8 and elixir upgrades are less too. And dragons help progressing as they help farming gold easily.
    Which is why we need that 4th air air defence to give the opportunity for people to protect their gold so they can upgrade their base quicker. By progress, I mean progress by defending loot, not by stealing loot.
    Last edited by Def4ultpl4y3r; February 23rd, 2021 at 01:48 PM.

I would like to see a 4th air defense at th8, too.

SC added a 3rd air defense at th7 some time ago (edit: in 2016), so I think it could happen and would bring some diversity at th8.

Right now, in order to defend dragons, you need a max CC dragon on defense, and luck.
    Last edited by eitiel; February 23rd, 2021 at 03:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by eitiel View Post
    I would like to see a 4th air defense at th8, too.

SC added a 3rd air defense at th7 some time ago, so I think it could happen and would bring some diversity at th8.

Right now, in order to defend dragons, you need a max CC dragon on defense, and luck.
    Yes finally someone that agrees with me. If a supercell moderator sees this I will be happy to as this idea I believe is not an unfair one and will bring diversity to th8. I'm tired of the people who say 'just upgrade to the max TH' because I used to enjoy th8 until they ruined it will super strong lightning spells so I'm very happy. We really need to bring diversity back because people at th9 are rubbish nowadays because I went into 8 clan wars with my almost max th9 after a years worth of break and only once was my max th9 3 starred because everyone was so bad. Bringing back diversity would help improve clashers when they go to th9. That's partially the reason why people who started in 2014 and earlier are more skilled than the new th9s today because the earlier town halls posed more of a challenge. Right now there is nothing to do to defend dragons at th8 unless your opponent doesn't know the lightning trick but 99.9% people know it so we NEED that 4th air defence.

Farming has little to do with protecting loot. It is all about attacking a lot to steal more loot than you lose on defense, way more. The main goal of defense at that level should be to design your base in a way that you usually get a shield when you are attacked. Also, if you are getting hit by full dragon attacks 3 starring your base, you may be a bit high in trophies, though of course no matter where you are it can happen now and then.

I definitely do not think SC should add another air defense at th8. They are looking for ways to make it faster for players to progress through the lower halls, not add more things for them to build and upgrade. It also would make air attacking in war (war is more where balance is considered, not farming) almost impossible.

Contact SC here. Click here for how trophies are calculated. Click here to see how war map placement of max halls is determined. An idea to improve legends here. I wish max players had a separate loot bank as described here. Caution, I often discuss for the sake of discussion and enjoy having my opinion challenged (or approved of) even when I care little about the actual issue. My balance wish: get rid of tornado trap, make it a decoration.

Quote Originally Posted by 2222 View Post
    I definitely do not think SC should add another air defense at th8. They are looking for ways to make it faster for players to progress through the lower halls, not add more things for them to build and upgrade.
    We disagree, SC has the statistics I guess.

Zap dragons is currently a viable war and farming strategy at TH8.

It also would make air attacking in war (war is more where balance is considered, not farming) almost impossible.
    This statement seems a bit excessive. TH8 has a variety of 3 star strategies (I think you wrote about hogs being your preference at TH8 in a recent thread), and a fourth air defense would only mean that it might become possible to make a base which can defend dragons.

TH9 is way harder to three star with just dragons, as every new defense and trap you get at TH9 targets (or can target) air. This means that a lot of new players get to TH9 without a viable 3-star strategy, and may get demoralized (I guess). The TH9 opponents I'm matching in mini wars are mainly one-man clans who know how to attack, or newbies who spam dragons.
    Last edited by eitiel; February 23rd, 2021 at 04:47 PM.

Farming has little to do with protecting loot. It is all about attacking a lot to steal more loot than you lose on defense, way more. The main goal of defense at that level should be to design your base in a way that you usually get a shield when you are attacked. Also, if you are getting hit by full dragon attacks 3 starring your base, you may be a bit high in trophies, though of course no matter where you are it can happen now and then.

I definitely do not think SC should add another air defense at th8. They are looking for ways to make it faster for players to progress through the lower halls, not add more things for them to build and upgrade. It also would make air attacking in war (war is more where balance is considered, not farming) almost impossible.
    I'm not the best clasher in the world but I think it will be quite doable to 3 star th8 bases in war with a fourth air defence using air since many people are not very good at building bases at th8. This is because I believe I am a good th8 attacker (even though I upgraded on my small account to th9 a few weeks ago I still consider myself to be very experienced at th8). They should add the fourth air defence because this will teach people not to spam dragons because it is impossible to 3 star a th9 with dragons at th9 not because of the 4th air defence but the xbows and all the high level buildings to. I guarantee you that if supercell added the 4th air defence, I would 3 star at least 50% of bases with dragons by zapping 2 AD and balloons in cc because people were able to 3 star bases in 2014 when you couldn't take out 2 air defences. Sure they added the air sweeper but it is still doable since the lightning spells are stronger and can easily be flanked. Now I can 3 star 100% bases with dragons at th8 because town hall 8 is too easy now so when people go to th9 they get stuck and don't know how to attack. There needs to be some sort of difficulty progression from town hall 7 and not just a new town hall 2 but on a bigger scale. I need to be able to lose on some of the bases or otherwise th8 might as well just be removed.
    Last edited by Def4ultpl4y3r; February 23rd, 2021 at 04:22 PM.