View Poll Results: What is most useful to you as a player

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • List of most common Town hall compositions for war in each war size (5 to 50)

5 50.00%
  • Advanced War Search added to the game

4 40.00%
  • Recommended War start times for faster searches

2 20.00%
  • In game war scheduler to automate the start time of your search.

3 30.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Clan War Compositions for Fast Fair matches: Lets improve Clan Wars.

Millennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by blombardo View Post
    They were a dead clan; but if they tried to fight they'd have struggled all the way up with their weak accounts...

I dont think this was a fair match - we got the edge big time... though as I said.. on paper it 'looks' closer than it was.
    How was it not fair? You said yourself the clan was dead.
    "Dead" as in "inactive," or "dead" in some other?

If inactive, and the weights were as close as you say, then it was a fair match.
    You can't control another clan's activity, or lack thereof.

Quote Originally Posted by joemann8478 View Post
    How was it not fair? You said yourself the clan was dead.
    "Dead" as in "inactive," or "dead" in some other?

If inactive, and the weights were as close as you say, then it was a fair match.
    You can't control another clan's activity, or lack thereof.

Un fair in the fact that -- even if they had been active -- (which they weren't)

1. we were able to 3 star them at every position down the map - truly not even using all troops or spells.. not even cc troops 20% of the time ==including their top bases...

a. this is because almost every last player (except 2) were horribly rushed th6/7/8 defenses.. on every last base... many were even level 1's or th3 level *you can see notes on the sheet)

2. even if they tried to attack - they all would have struggled because the ALL had really weak heroes... none of them had heroes even at the 50% done level while MOST of us had them at 80 to 100 % (ok more than half of us did)

a. Almost all of our players had every defense placed AND all defenses were about 80% max all the way down on our side...

So we beat them on offense and defense as far as scouting and looking at them base by base... they had no chance.

A clan as rushed as them should never match a clan like mine -- just as our clan that is decently 'balanced' (I think) had matched significantly harder clans in the past...

The MM doesnt accoutn for some thing s- like max walls (which make a significant difference) - along with Max AD/ archers/cannons/ hidden traps... the MM looks close at heavy defenses which applies the largest weights... so looking at the numbers on a sheet doesnt always give the full picture.. when scouting the bases shows you the real problem.

*This is something I'm seeing boots on the ground down here in the lower town hall war area... now the 'me' of the past would have enjoyed slaughtering this clan... but the me from now was hoping for some type of a thrill.. some kind of a challenge... not a guaranteed War win - a no way we can possibly loose from the second we matched scenario... funny but I used to like that... not anymore... I imagine a war like this is what some clans aim for... I used to ... lol
    Last edited by blombardo; March 1st, 2021 at 07:30 AM.

Clan Recruitment - War Weight - Suggested Upgrade Paths
    NG #9JR2GQ9P NG2 #YRY2YRQ2
    NG3#G09VUJGU www.Discord.me/Nightmare
    Aged Greatness2 #8VJ9UJC8 AG3 #2R0Y9CJY
    www.discord.me/AG2

It seems the MMA took your roster shape and gave you a best fit..
    The oppo roster probably somewhat matched you in hall composition. but with everything less developed..
    It doesnt just add the weights and look for the same numbers.

War weight is primary, but roster comp, hero levels, def to off ratio's all have an effect.
    With a 30v war size that has an average of mid to high TH8, it seems these guys are the best it could find to throw at you.
    If youre looking for thrills and challenges, then add more top end weight and alter the roster shape..
    The MMA will have a better selection that way.

I would think, rather than them being a dead clan, they will have viewed the match and decided to take the day off..
    With those numbers, at that size, it dont look close at all.. They are outmatched everywhere.. We call it being outrostered.
    More so if you hit early and hit hard.. Another Engi trick.

Centennial Club
    *This is something I'm seeing boots on the ground down here in the lower town hall war area... now the 'me' of the past would have enjoyed slaughtering this clan... but the me from now was hoping for some type of a thrill.. some kind of a challenge... not a guaranteed War win - a no way we can possibly loose from the second we matched scenario... funny but I used to like that... not anymore... I imagine a war like this is what some clans aim for... I used to ... lol
    If you are looking for "thrill", upgrade to the highest town hall. I have perma maxed accounts (TH11, TH10 and TH9) but I have TH13s as well and I only use them as "fillers" when others are not in mood to war. I believe that lower townhalls SHOULD not be challenging unless it is your first time playing it. But even then, lower townhalls have been EASIER than their state before.

Your post sounds like a brag and a complain at the same time. Your problems will be easily fixed if you just upgrade and leave your pema-maxed low TH warring horse in the stable.

But if for some reason, you do not want to upgrade, then enjoy slaughtering rushed/inactive/beginner clans while searching for matches for hours.

Hello there Skrags.
    Hello Blombardo, welcome back!

Quote Originally Posted by 2222 View Post
    One thing I’d say here is most clans are rushed. Maxing lower halls is rare because most players will upgrade before they are full max and even the very small % that hits full max will upgrade right after that, nit usually stick around at full max. Since you’ve been away from the game for awhile you may have missed out on this being even more common now due to CWL. Rushing ahead helps for CWL and many clans care more about that than classic war and/or don’t realize it can be a negative in classic war.
    I can't stress enough the post above. I see this every day with my mini account, at lower TH levels.
    Any TH matching at lower levels in particular, as always was, and probably always will be, a bad idea for the game as a whole!
    Clan Name : SOUTH WEST 45, Clan Tag : #90LP2PL. Highest Win Streak 12!
    Clan Details : Established 2012! Adult, English speaking International Level 18 War Clan (twice a week). Recruitment Thread : https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...10-s-to-TH12-s My Spec : TH13.

My history involves running and helping to run FWA clans - which require exact town halls and exact weights to match in network.. which is why I have 2 of some 4 of others and 10 + on the heavier th11 up side... so a leader must have a wealth of instantly available town halls to replace last minute people who leave your clan before search time hits.. now you have 5 minutes to replace X Y and Z town halls or your whole clan misses the sync. (ok maybe more like 15/30 minuets but still; having multiple accounts at each town hall is really handy for this) - not saying I plan to run one again.. but I like having the option.

*That said the FWA L (light) league was removed years ago.. so th7/8 arent really able to get into the action now - I imagine th9's are even having a tough time getting spots but I'm not sure... I think I'll abandon keeping my th6's and upgrade them to 7's since its apparent that 6 is pretty useless in the grand scheme of the game at this point.

I'll need to make a couple new accounts to see just how long it takes I guess so I have a better feel... I agree a general rush to th8 is warranted but by th9 they'd best know the basics of how to stop rushing or else they will have xbows and level 5/5/ heroes... lol I just dont really want to mess with new ones when I have four 13's and four 12's that need pushed up to max...

I may need to slow my spreadsheets and forum posts and actually play once in a while too lol
    A th9 with 5/5 heroes and level 1 xbows isn't necessarily an issue unless it's an anchor. It can become an issue if it continues to rush to 12 or 13 but we run with rushed 9s and 10s along side maxers and have no issues. We even have some heavily rushed 12s and one 13. But we also carry maxer 12s and 13s, so we have so much top weight that rushed lower bases don't matter much.

Honestly, rushing is generally the best way to progress your base as fast as possible. Hanging around at 9 to finish heroes while wasting gold and lixir only slows down progress to 13. Turning blind rushers into strategic rushers should be the goal.

Quote Originally Posted by joshsgrandad View Post
    I would think, rather than them being a dead clan, they will have viewed the match and decided to take the day off..
    With those numbers, at that size, it dont look close at all.. They are outmatched everywhere.. We call it being outrostered.
    More so if you hit early and hit hard.. Another Engi trick.

Nah. They just don't attack: https://cocp.it/clan/CJGG0ULJ

Looking at the weights and the accounts in the SS blombardo created it's clear that they are pretty much clueless. Two of their TH9s have a higher than 10 king and NO queen. In some cases it looks like they don't update war bases. They also have an old engie 11 without infernos but nearly maxed heroes, and another 11 with a level 7 king and a level 34 queen. It's just one of those weird matches that you see occasionally. That opponent roster is just crazy. I'm surprised it matches at all.

ETA: I joined the clan and looked at their bases. Base 5 in the SS actually has infernos just has not updated the war base. It seems more than half the bases haven't updated their war bases as I suspected looking at the weights. The 11 is an old defensive sandbagger for sure though. Blombardo's 2 11s are defensively sandbagged - white walls with th9/10 defenses with mostly maxed troops/camps. The top 2 10s are as well. Only when you get down into the 9s do you see a few rushed bases.
    Last edited by Thegreatpuma; March 1st, 2021 at 09:53 PM.

unless I have accounts that are a bit opposite to counter them - just not extreme .5's or defenseless or minimax or any of that.. I'm placing all defenses and simply avoiding the last 1 or 2 upgrades on a few of them.

this is done to counter the weak players that are recruited and to insure that a war can be won...
    Like he said, you're engineering. I do a bit of it too in my clan. No shame in that.

Contact SC here. Click here for how trophies are calculated. Click here to see how war map placement of max halls is determined. An idea to improve legends here. I wish max players had a separate loot bank as described here. Caution, I often discuss for the sake of discussion and enjoy having my opinion challenged (or approved of) even when I care little about the actual issue. My balance wish: get rid of tornado trap, make it a decoration.