View Poll Results: What is most useful to you as a player

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • List of most common Town hall compositions for war in each war size (5 to 50)

5 50.00%
  • Advanced War Search added to the game

4 40.00%
  • Recommended War start times for faster searches

2 20.00%
  • In game war scheduler to automate the start time of your search.

3 30.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Clan War Compositions for Fast Fair matches: Lets improve Clan Wars.

Quote Originally Posted by blombardo View Post
    Here is a composition that took 5.5 hours to match - it is relatively Fair but ugly and odd... I would love to AVOID matching clans using so many rushed type accounts-- I'd also like to get wars where our five or so town hall 6's actually get th6 mirrors...

Here is the full proper breakdown clan to clan on th / heroes/ war weight (minus enemy weight since war hasnt begun yet)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

SNIP

OK, so you have 3 11s at the top with maxed or near maxed heroes that are sandbagging their defenses - do any of them have an EA? Simply put this is a very bad idea.

Below that you have multiple 10s doing the same thing (Nightmare 20 Nightmare 21), and looks like you might have some 9s without xbows but with strong heroes. If you insist on going the 0.5 route, especially with your anchors, you are going to be more likely to draw weird matches due to the somewhat lopsided O vs D this creates. The rule of thumb in our clan is you build the defenses once you get heroes into the current TH range and/or have upgraded army camps and barracks.

Also, I have a maxed TH8 and its gold weight is 55K. Some of your 8s are showing over 55K. Are you certain that you got the gold weights accurate in this SS?

Finally, bear in mind that the MM often downplays the value at the bottom. I'm not sure exactly what formula it uses, but the weight of the bottom 1/4 or so in mixed TH wars seems to have just small effects on what shows up opposite.

ETA: I was looking at some of your spreadsheet totals and they were just wrong. So, I made a copy of it (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing). It seems a bunch of your hero level entries and gold weights are stored as text and because of this are not summing properly. Compare yours to the copy I made. Overall your clan has a significant hero advantage in this war. My guess is your troop levels are similarly stronger overall.
    Last edited by Thegreatpuma; February 25th, 2021 at 04:18 PM.
    TMBG War Clan always recruiting - Wars with TH9-13
    TMBG Discord server:
    https://discord.gg/byNR2xZ

Quote Originally Posted by Thegreatpuma View Post
    OK, so you have 3 11s at the top with maxed or near maxed heroes that are sandbagging their defenses - do any of them have an EA? Simply put this is a very bad idea.

Below that you have multiple 10s doing the same thing (Nightmare 20 Nightmare 21), and looks like you might have some 9s without xbows but with strong heroes. If you insist on going the 0.5 route, especially with your anchors, you are going to be more likely to draw weird matches due to the somewhat lopsided O vs D this creates. The rule of thumb in our clan is you build the defenses once you get heroes into the current TH range and/or have upgraded army camps and barracks.

Also, I have a maxed TH8 and its gold weight is 55K. Some of your 8s are showing over 55K. Are you certain that you got the gold weights accurate in this SS?

Finally, bear in mind that the MM often downplays the value at the bottom. I'm not sure exactly what formula it uses, but the weight of the bottom 1/4 or so in mixed TH wars seems to have just small effects on what shows up opposite.

ETA: I was looking at some of your spreadsheet totals and they were just wrong. So, I made a copy of it (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing). It seems a bunch of your hero level entries and gold weights are stored as text and because of this are not summing properly. Compare yours to the copy I made. Overall your clan has a significant hero advantage in this war. My guess is your troop levels are similarly stronger overall.
    i can see his probs without looking simply from your analysis, and agree entirely with you.

The reason they are drawing rushed clan has as much to do with the rushed state of his own accounts as the low hall numbers..
    x.5 method is rushing.. It may be strategic, but it is still rushing, same as any manicured account used by all the engineers (they purposely do this in order to draw weak, rushed opposition).

BTW.. Havent checked for a while, but thought a maxed TH8 weighed in at 58k gold weight.

Yeah, JGD I was not certain about the maxed 8 Gold weight, that's why I was going off of mine. Storages and townhall all show 13,750 in the last war he was in, so if that's incorrect then I'm not sure what's going on.

https://ibb.co/wWC6Ys4

https://ibb.co/mtvLDqc
    TMBG War Clan always recruiting - Wars with TH9-13
    TMBG Discord server:
    https://discord.gg/byNR2xZ

Forum Superstar
    I see self inflicted wounds as well, all based on desiring a world where you can win every war by artificially drawing lesser opponents followed by suggestions that are entirely self serving when you donít win every war.

If someone truly wants TH matching, that is easily solved especially if you have been a forum member for 6 years, upgrade to TH13 and max all your troops and defenses and fill your clan with folks who do the same. Bingo, you have TH matching.
    Last edited by Tosti111; February 25th, 2021 at 08:29 PM.
    OP Defense: Any defense the poster doestít like or know how to work around, nullifies their attack or denies them their rightful three star.

Millennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Tosti111 View Post
    I see self inflicted wounds as well, all based on desiring a world where you can win every war by artificially drawing lesser opponents followed by suggestions that are entirely self serving when you donít win every war.

If someone truly wants TH matching, that is easily solved especially if you have been a forum member for 6 years, upgrade to TH13 and max all your troops and defenses and fill your clan with folks who do the same. Bingo, you have TH matching.
    I've been thinking the same thing: The op wants some added/new war matching system that favors his preferred style of play/line-up without bothering to think about the potential consequences and abuses.

Others have noted that this new system would encourage perma-maxxing at lower halls and SC does not want that, yet the op just attempts to excuse this and keeps on keeping on with his idea.

He claims he wants this to get faster matches, but all he needs to do is read the threads that explain how to get faster matches using different line-ups whilst avoiding the usual "no's-no's."

The op wants to get faster matches with all the "no's-no's" he's doing in his line-up, but I doubt SC will ever implement his idea.

To be fair to the guy, if he genuinely is trying simply to help those that cant match, then good on him.

But really, due to obvious loop holes and drawbacks within a hall matching system, then surely SC would not come on board to make it an official in game alternative.
    The game has to be played within the boundaries that the MMA creates with its algorithm, and the players set the common standard with their roster breakdowns.

As has been said, there are plenty of threads for anyone that wishes to learn what will match easily, what will match eventually, and what wont match at all.
    Mixed hall is the easiest method of all, because you dont need targeted recruitment if you run with any hall..
    You just have to follow basic guidelines, and the natural diversity within the game takes care of the rest.

Even perfect wars arent too difficult with mixed hall..
    And you certainly dont need a roster full of maxed for hall accounts..
    Just make sure your #1 can hit his weight, and build your roster down from there, ensuring there is enough power in depth to cover the whole map.

The game is only as difficult or easy as you make it.

Quote Originally Posted by Skrags View Post
    I've just started a new mini account. It's taken me, as a casual player, just over 2 weeks to max TH6.

Forgive me, if i fail to find the significance of TH11-TH6 rosters matching like for like within Clan Wars in 2

And forgive me once more, but i'm always wary of historic engineers wanting 'what's best for the game as a whole'!

Hello there Skrags. I would hope after 6 years of me posting here you would have seen a few of my conversations; I have historically always been transparent and up front with everyone...

Clan war matching is truly better now than it ever has been == its not perfect; and that can be improved slightly...

I'm aware of a new form of engineering but have chosen not do it it.. also years ago I started balancing my accounts out after supercell made it clear that they didn't like my play style... (the one where we could choose our own difficulty.. winning or getting a tie every time for ever and ever until we got bored and decided to add defenses to make it harder.. never being out matched and never being put in a position where we could not get 100%.. I do miss that game)

You might also remember I was probably the first person to publicly talk about all this - how it was done - how it could be fixed - how it was exploited - and I provided lengthy detailed tutorials for the whole clash community to use... probably still linked in my signature.

(my accounts are not all fixed yet but they are closer to norm)

---So== do you have any helpful data I can add to my spreadsheet?

Clan Recruitment - War Weight - Suggested Upgrade Paths
    NG #9JR2GQ9P NG2 #YRY2YRQ2
    NG3#G09VUJGU www.Discord.me/Nightmare
    Aged Greatness2 #8VJ9UJC8 AG3 #2R0Y9CJY
    www.discord.me/AG2

Quote Originally Posted by Thegreatpuma View Post
    OK,Simply put this is a very bad idea.

Many amazing great points that are pretty well spot on. Thank you. == I have a lot of accounts.. and have spent years slowly correcting them all... yes at one point in time they were all 9.11's -- aka max 11 offense with th9 defense... had over 20 of them with defenseless minimax and all kinds of others... now they are all ;almost; normal... long way to go with a lot of accounts on a lot of defensive levels but I'm getting them closer.

I was hoping that with all the awful weak offense heavy defense players out there (90% of people I recruit) my accounts would off set them a bit to get us a balanced match... maybe I'm wrong.

You're probably making a good point that since I'm using them in bulk now - for the first time in years - they may be messing things up a bit... (only using in bulk to cover new people... 20 new recruits; 8 didnt show up at all - 5 or 6 more can't 3 star to save their life.. so I have to hit half the map or more to make sure we can 100% or close)

Thanks for noticing the spreadsheet. work / family / clashing at midnight till I pass out and wake up the next morning with dead phones in my lap.. probably mashed a button on the spreadsheet.. plus its OLD .. out dated.. no time to find a new one with royal champ...

I had a beautiful one for NG2 that pulled data right from the API but my token and coding seems to be failing me; plus I'm not using NG2 right now and I never set one up for AG... i honestly cant even remember how i did it all lol... could click one button and pull all kinds of data like hero levels / clan games / donations / player tags/ etc... I should spend 3 hours and figure that out again

=that last war it was impossible for our 11's to get 3 on a th12 and 13... I wrangled 2 stars vs the 12 and 1 on the 13.. barely...
    the enemy had a ton of skipped attacks so we won.. but had they not skipped.. well suffice to say they got 2 star 94% on our 1...

so I'll have to beef up the heaviest defenses on a few of my mini's I guess.. did that for almost 2 years in fwa wars lol.. just noticed today that i never finished... any of them... back to the upgrades I will have to start grinding them one at a time lol.

- so yea the 55k th8 weights must be off. I'll look at that sheet again in a bit; maybe tomorrow. thx for pointing that out. maybe finger slipped or something.
    Last edited by blombardo; February 27th, 2021 at 03:48 AM.

www.discord.me/AG2

Quote Originally Posted by Tosti111 View Post
    I see self inflicted wounds as well, all based on desiring a world where you can win every war by artificially drawing lesser opponents followed by suggestions that are entirely self serving when you don’t win every war.

Thanks for your reply; however you must see the problem here.. you can t simply snap your fingers and 'max th13' withotu spending a fortune in gems...

Try returning to the game after a year - with all your th11's collecting dust.. now there is th12 and 13... and your refililng your clan... the number of available max 13's vs the number of NON max 13's is staggering - so .. its 100% impossible to simply 'fill my clan' with those things..

and I'm talking about Low level wars here.. cause I was honestly looking for th10 up.. and I keep finding th6 to 9's all over... I get 50 or 60 low level people for every high level player I talk to (not recruit.. just talk to who picks another clan)

This is just recruitment 101... you take what you can get until you get full.. then you get another clan or a wait list... and what I got? doesnt match well.. lol hence the topic.

And I'm pretty sure even if we had an all th13 clan -- we'd match other clans who have a few 12's and they'd be out matched.. cant prove that but I expect it would happen ...

I'm trying to artificially draw opponents who are equal to ourselves = not stronger - not weaker. just the same... dont think thats asking too much... I'm sure clans like us dont want th12/13 on top opposite of our 11's.. or a bunch of th7's opposite of our 6's... even if we get more th9's in the middle..

just as our last enemy probably didnt appreciate how out matched the middle was... (though they just lost due to players skipping on their side...)

thx for the info
    But I'm seeking suggestions that can be implemented today.. or tomorrow. .maybe next week.. not in a year or four when I finally have time to UG 15 accounts to max 13 from their current th11 state.
    Last edited by blombardo; February 27th, 2021 at 03:58 AM.

www.discord.me/AG2

Today we have a 30x match in an hour and 38 minutes - enemy clan is again strangely rushed and odd.. this time it appears we have a huge advantage on top and on bottom - and they have a few strange th11's with weak defenses (and also weak heroes) (opposite of last war and this round its very much in our favor. I think...

I'll need to spreadsheet this one.

Our #1- -
    my first 13 ... 65/65/35/5 =a95% max th11 / moved to 12 a few weeks back - now a brand new 13

vs them with 12/33/7/3 heroes.. he literally has th8 defenses all over.. its very sad.

their #2 3 4 and below dont seem much better.

Sheet coming soon; after I fix the last one. o rmaybe I'll skip the last one and focus on this.

oh no... this clan has a war log thats all 0 to 5% damage.. what a waste of time.. boring war... no challenge.. ugh... if only clans could ALSO be matched based on war logs.. this clan having 0 and red lines.. lots of them...

#CJGG0ULJ

guess we wont be filling castles or worrying about planning complicated attacks that will barely get the 3rd star in the final 2 seconds... o well. maybe next war will be fair and fun.
    Last edited by blombardo; February 27th, 2021 at 04:24 AM. Reason: update on clan enemy.

www.discord.me/AG2