View Poll Results: What is most useful to you as a player

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • List of most common Town hall compositions for war in each war size (5 to 50)

5 50.00%
  • Advanced War Search added to the game

4 40.00%
  • Recommended War start times for faster searches

2 20.00%
  • In game war scheduler to automate the start time of your search.

3 30.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Clan War Compositions for Fast Fair matches: Lets improve Clan Wars.

Forum Superstar
    Quote Originally Posted by blombardo View Post
    Thanks for your reply; however you must see the problem here.. you can t simply snap your fingers and 'max th13' withotu spending a fortune in gems...

Try returning to the game after a year - with all your th11's collecting dust.. now there is th12 and 13... and your refililng your clan... the number of available max 13's vs the number of NON max 13's is staggering - so .. its 100% impossible to simply 'fill my clan' with those things..

and I'm talking about Low level wars here.. cause I was honestly looking for th10 up.. and I keep finding th6 to 9's all over... I get 50 or 60 low level people for every high level player I talk to (not recruit.. just talk to who picks another clan)

This is just recruitment 101... you take what you can get until you get full.. then you get another clan or a wait list... and what I got? doesnt match well.. lol hence the topic.

And I'm pretty sure even if we had an all th13 clan -- we'd match other clans who have a few 12's and they'd be out matched.. cant prove that but I expect it would happen ...

I'm trying to artificially draw opponents who are equal to ourselves = not stronger - not weaker. just the same... dont think thats asking too much... I'm sure clans like us dont want th12/13 on top opposite of our 11's.. or a bunch of th7's opposite of our 6's... even if we get more th9's in the middle..

just as our last enemy probably didnt appreciate how out matched the middle was... (though they just lost due to players skipping on their side...)

thx for the info
    But I'm seeking suggestions that can be implemented today.. or tomorrow. .maybe next week.. not in a year or four when I finally have time to UG 15 accounts to max 13 from their current th11 state.
    Obviously I wasn’t clear enough. You have been around more than long enough to have many full max TH13s by now but based on your own actions you are now in a spot that isnt working for you. The answer is not to just magically recruit a bunch of full max 13s, it is for you to upgrade like all the rest of us do. The answer is not to attempt to have SC fix the situation you yourself created regardless of how much you think it might help others. The world moved on, now it’s your time to catch up to it.

Enjoy the journey, it is actually a lot of fun even when you lose to whomever the MM puts you up against. The rest of us learned to deal with it long ago.

edit: we spin wars with all TH13s and yes, there are many clans out there with full max or darn close to full max 13s from top to bottom and we match usually within an hour too.
    Last edited by Tosti111; February 27th, 2021 at 04:34 AM.
    OP Defense: Any defense the poster doest’t like or know how to work around, nullifies their attack or denies them their rightful three star.

Your anchors should be as heavy as possible, and you should not be 0.5 any accounts.

note that this won't solve all your problems since you have a hyper focus on th matching but it will make the strange match ups less and less. OTOH, i don't fully understand your idea of a fair matchup because it seems to be fair in your mind only if you can guarantee 3* on every base.

Today we have a 30x match in an hour and 38 minutes - enemy clan is again strangely rushed and odd..
    One thing I’d say here is most clans are rushed. Maxing lower halls is rare because most players will upgrade before they are full max and even the very small % that hits full max will upgrade right after that, nit usually stick around at full max. Since you’ve been away from the game for awhile you may have missed out on this being even more common now due to CWL. Rushing ahead helps for CWL and many clans care more about that than classic war and/or don’t realize it can be a negative in classic war.

Contact SC here. Click here for how trophies are calculated. Click here to see how war map placement of max halls is determined. An idea to improve legends here. I wish max players had a separate loot bank as described here. Caution, I often discuss for the sake of discussion and enjoy having my opinion challenged (or approved of) even when I care little about the actual issue. My balance wish: get rid of tornado trap, make it a decoration.

Quote Originally Posted by 2222 View Post
    One thing I’d say here is most clans are rushed. Maxing lower halls is rare because most players will upgrade before they are full max and even the very small % that hits full max will upgrade right after that, nit usually stick around at full max. Since you’ve been away from the game for awhile you may have missed out on this being even more common now due to CWL. Rushing ahead helps for CWL and many clans care more about that than classic war and/or don’t realize it can be a negative in classic war.
    Yep, what OP calls "strangely rushed and odd" is just par for the course these days.

ETA:
    One thing I am reminded of based on your post is Vandelay:

https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...r-search-times

I visited them. They strictly enforce maxing before moving up and have a lot of 0.5 accounts. Lo and behold they also have long search times. The problem may be specifically linked to this 0.5 build that is just uncommon these days.
    Last edited by Thegreatpuma; February 27th, 2021 at 06:57 PM.
    TMBG War Clan always recruiting - Wars with TH9-13
    TMBG Discord server:
    https://discord.gg/byNR2xZ

Quote Originally Posted by Thegreatpuma View Post
    Yep, what OP calls "strangely rushed and odd" is just par for the course these days.

ETA:
    One thing I am reminded of based on your post is Vandelay:

https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...r-search-times

I visited them. They strictly enforce maxing before moving up and have a lot of 0.5 accounts. Lo and behold they also have long search times. The problem may be specifically linked to this 0.5 build that is just uncommon these days.
    I would agree. We are maxers that also hoard medals and magic items for new town hall levels. Its so easy to boost offense early and get your base out of balance, the .5 route doesn't help much. I encourage our bases to drop heavy defenses pretty early. Our matches rarely go over 30 minutes in regular spins.
    sig by dharmaraj in sig shop
    Clan: MN ICE #8UCRP8CL
    IGN: Piper139 #2PQQR9Q22

Quote Originally Posted by joemann8478 View Post
    Others have noted that this new system would encourage perma-maxxing at lower halls and SC does not want that, yet the op just attempts to excuse this and keeps on keeping on with his idea.

He claims he wants this to get faster matches, but all he needs to do is read the threads that explain how to get faster matches using different line-ups whilst avoiding the usual "no's-no's."

The op wants to get faster matches with all the "no's-no's" he's doing in his line-up, but I doubt SC will ever implement his idea.
    i CAN'T possibly read ... all the posts on the forums and I've searched and came up with a few examples but nothing impressive, consolidated or stickied.

I would hope to consolidate as many of these points as I can into one topic that might be more helpful as an all in one sticky for future people having issues.

=I admit I have not been around a while and have never heard of any issues or complaints about 'perma maxing' clans... perhaps its something that has developed or that I'm simply not aware of.. so plz forgive me not seeing that as a problem -- historically the war clans that were serious - would be encourage members to stay at a max town hall level for weeks. .or months.. until they master attack strategies and gather war stars =before moving on to the next town hall and learning new strats.

Obviously thats not a common thing - even then and perhaps its less common now.. but thats how I learned to play and how I teach others to play... Rushing to end game you miss out on many things.. perhaps those things arent important.

'all the no no's in my line up' -- feel free to point out any that havent been mentioned before..

I'll be adding the consolidated list to the first post.

Thx.

Clan Recruitment - War Weight - Suggested Upgrade Paths
    NG #9JR2GQ9P NG2 #YRY2YRQ2
    NG3#G09VUJGU www.Discord.me/Nightmare
    Aged Greatness2 #8VJ9UJC8 AG3 #2R0Y9CJY
    www.discord.me/AG2

Quote Originally Posted by Tosti111 View Post
    Obviously I wasn’t clear enough. You have been around more than long enough to have many full max TH13s by now
    Sorry you missed the fact that shortly after th12 was released - and global was removed - I completely quit the game and passed lead of my accounts... newly returned so I never finished 12 or heard of 13 until a few weeks back.. So I'm dusting off accounts that are a bit un used.. (even had one stolen from me while I was gone that I had to recover.. didnt even notice lol)

I've always intended to keep multiple accounts at each town hall level - because
    1. I enjoy all levels of the game (lower levels more than newer content)
    2. I like being able to help teach new players - so having th6's maxed and th7;s etc for them to FC against instantly at any time needed.. I can be useful to them- especially if they want to see how 'high' they can hit with a particular army in a war...
    3. Multiple Accounts are useful for when matching other clans compositions and weights perfectly for the old school way of trying to do friendly matches - with stars/ perks and loot vs the clan you want to fight.

So in effect I'm only upgrading a few accounts to 12.. and 13... and in the future to whatever else comes; 95% of my accounts will always remain -not quite max level - lower levels.. for the reasons above.

I disagree that its a lot of fun even when you loose... if its fair yes... but not if a clan is impossible to beat because they ahve 11/12/13 on top and you have lesser weaker accounts that cant clear them...; especially if your goal as a clan is to never loose and maintain a 0 loss /always win/tie streak... but thats just the niche' I found that I enjoyed the most.. since I've quit and returned I no longer care about loosing but it can still be frustrating to spend 10 hours helping people plan attacks only to see its impossible to win due to the MM fail.

Good to know the all (or mostly all) th13 clans are matching well. Perhaps I'll join one of them in a few months when I get one of mine up to speed. still doing storages/camps etc on mine...

And regarding 'the world moved on' - sorry.. but I'm here cause I picked random people out of global and couldnt get a match.. yes I used some of mine - which could have caused part of the problem... but I'm not sure that its a problem with my play style as I've been slowly balancing all my accounts out since engineering was squashed years ago... (just a long road and a lot of accounts; lol)

www.discord.me/AG2

Quote Originally Posted by Thegreatpuma View Post
    Your anchors should be as heavy as possible, and you should not be 0.5 any accounts.
    adding to first page; thx.

www.discord.me/AG2

Quote Originally Posted by 2222 View Post
    One thing I’d say here is most clans are rushed. Maxing lower halls is rare because most players will upgrade before they are full max and even the very small % that hits full max will upgrade right after that, nit usually stick around at full max. ... this being even more common now due to CWL. Rushing ahead helps for CWL and many clans care more about that than classic war and/or don’t realize it can be a negative in classic war.
    Adding to first post. thx.

www.discord.me/AG2

Millennial Club
    i CAN'T possibly read ... all the posts on the forums and I've searched and came up with a few examples but nothing impressive, consolidated or stickied.

I would hope to consolidate as many of these points as I can into one topic that might be more helpful as an all in one sticky for future people having issues.

=I admit I have not been around a while and have never heard of any issues or complaints about 'perma maxing' clans... perhaps its something that has developed or that I'm simply not aware of.. so plz forgive me not seeing that as a problem -- historically the war clans that were serious - would be encourage members to stay at a max town hall level for weeks. .or months.. until they master attack strategies and gather war stars =before moving on to the next town hall and learning new strats.

Obviously thats not a common thing - even then and perhaps its less common now.. but thats how I learned to play and how I teach others to play... Rushing to end game you miss out on many things.. perhaps those things arent important.

'all the no no's in my line up' -- feel free to point out any that havent been mentioned before..

I'll be adding the consolidated list to the first post.

Thx.
    SC, or Darian, has repeatedly mentioned they want players to upgrade, which means they don't want players sitting at lower levels as perma-max for that level.

This is also why SC mentioned that their goal is to release a new th level roughly every 18 months; so players have something to pkay (upgrade, etc.).

As yhe time it takes to upgrade lower towmhalls becomes less and less, so too, will less bases be available at those th levels.

You proposed a war matching system in which it matches th to th.
    However, should a new th10 (that maxxed out at th9) be matched against a max th10, a th10.5, or a max th9 if no new th10s are found?

And that would be for 1 base in your line-up. Now imagine the system having to do this for 20 bases, or 30, 40, or even 50....you'd never find a perfect th-th match because so many players are at different stages of developing their base at their respective th level.

As it is, the current matchmaker gives a weight to each base, adds them together for the aggregate weight, then finds a clan with a similar weight.
    This is why you might find a max th10 whose opposite is a new to mid th11.
    Or, why one clan may be heavier up-top but lighter at the bottom, or vice-versa, etc.

One of the no's-no's you are doing (I think) is having such a wide th spread: th10 on down to th6 or even lower is too much
    Even th10 to th7 could be too much...maybe try just th10s and 9s..maybe 1-2 th8s to meet war numbers.

I'm in a serious war clan and we only recruit th11+, and those 11s need to be near max.
    In cwl we only take th13s as we are in champs 3.

You don't need to stay max at each th level to master strategies, especially with the addition of fcs.
    There is such a thing as strategic rushing...research that, it may help you.

Having accounts sit at a particular th level for too long will give you longer search times as less and less players are at those levels.

If your th8's are at least 75% of the way through th8, have them go to 9.

If your th9's have heroes at 25/25 and at least 75% of everything else done, get them to th10.

When my mini was th9, I had everything maxxed out and my aq was 25 and bk was 22 or 23...took him to 25 rather quickly and went straight to th10.

Use fcs to practice and master strats.