Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Clan Games February 2021 - Details Here

Quote Originally Posted by Berg39 View Post
    Anybody seeing any 35 or 70 point challenges? They always seem so elusive...are there clans that have more than one or two overachievers? Must be really active and cycling challenges regularly, I am often crossing my fingers going into the last day waiting for (and trashing/gemming/trashing) either 35/70 point and/or 1000 point challenges.
    The lowest I can confirm is a 75 point use 4 miners for 1 star on our board. I think I saw a 70 point remove obstacles one but not 100% sure. Someone earlier posted a 1k destroy builder base buildings but I never saw it.
    sig by dharmaraj in sig shop
    Clan: MN ICE #8UCRP8CL
    IGN: Piper139 #2PQQR9Q22

Quote Originally Posted by Berg39 View Post
    Anybody seeing any 35 or 70 point challenges? They always seem so elusive...are there clans that have more than one or two overachievers? Must be really active and cycling challenges regularly, I am often crossing my fingers going into the last day waiting for (and trashing/gemming/trashing) either 35/70 point and/or 1000 point challenges.
    I have seen one 35, one 70, one 1000. I took the 35 and haven't seen another since then (saw the 70 several hours later of course...).

Contact SC here. Click here for how trophies are calculated. Click here to see how war map placement of max halls is determined. An idea to improve legends here. I wish max players had a separate loot bank as described here. Caution, I often discuss for the sake of discussion and enjoy having my opinion challenged (or approved of) even when I care little about the actual issue. My balance wish: get rid of tornado trap, make it a decoration.

Quote Originally Posted by Piper139 View Post
    The lowest I can confirm is a 75 point use 4 miners for 1 star on our board. I think I saw a 70 point remove obstacles one but not 100% sure. Someone earlier posted a 1k destroy builder base buildings but I never saw it.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2222 View Post
    I have seen one 35, one 70, one 1000. I took the 35 and haven't seen another since then (saw the 70 several hours later of course...).
    Yes...that happened to me last round. Got a 35-pointer early, waited...and waited...2nd to last day 70-pointer popped up (grrr!!!)...came through on the last day, with a 1000-pointer soon after. Tempted to hold out for the 70-pointer this time rather than 2-35ers.

Thanks! Good to know they are out there....we are not alone...

Quote Originally Posted by dkwalabase View Post
    Reddit is more player friendly unlike this forum.
    I will not say that it is either more "player friendly" nor is it more "SUPERCELL" friendly. The sub-reddit does support SC official messaging and especially is the best site for AMAs. However, the CoC sub-reddit is the only place where real debate can occur. The 'reputation points' system here and the iron fist of the moderators here squashes honest debate. There was a time that I was a daily participant here, but the lack of any and all honest debate drove me away.

Quote Originally Posted by Prince1999 View Post
    I will not say that it is either more "player friendly" nor is it more "SUPERCELL" friendly. The sub-reddit does support SC official messaging and especially is the best site for AMAs. However, the CoC sub-reddit is the only place where real debate can occur. The 'reputation points' system here and the iron fist of the moderators here squashes honest debate. There was a time that I was a daily participant here, but the lack of any and all honest debate drove me away.
    Sometimes I do find that mods act more bluntly here, don't know whether they are required by the company to do so but Reddit is definitely more discussions and leaks friendly as compared to forums.

The big difference is these forums are hosted by SC, and, as such, they can dictate certain rules and behaviors to be off-limits. You can see the forum rules for the complete list. SC has very little control of what goes on in Reddit on the other hand - they do maintain a presence, but ultimately, it's not their server or service.

I will say in a general sense, and not referring to you or anyone in particular, when people say things like "the forums don't allow honest debate" they tend to mean "people disagree with me and I don't like it". I do see plenty of honest debate and back-and-forth though.

What you say may have been true when there was the ability to give people negative reputation points just for saying something you don't agree with (something I didn't do and think was an abuse of the system). Since you now can't give negative reputation points, what you say here is not accurate at all. The moderators do not do anything to prevent honest debate, UNLESS it is personally directed at the player, rather than the idea. In other words, call my idea stupid and it is ok, but call me stupid and it is not. Pointless rants or other things in violation of the forum rules? Sure, those get shut down. Honest debates? No way.

I think perhaps sometimes players do get confused by the moderators taking part in those debates. A moderator taking the opposite side of an issue is not shutting down the conversation or saying the player has no right to say what they said. If that was the case, they'd say that specifically with a warning or close the thread. I've certainly been on the opposite side of debates with moderators and have never felt they were shutting me down, but perhaps that is because I know they are players like me who are just volunteering to moderate the forum. I could see where a new forum user might not understand that.

Quote Originally Posted by Rizzob View Post
    I will say in a general sense, and not referring to you or anyone in particular, when people say things like "the forums don't allow honest debate" they tend to mean "people disagree with me and I don't like it". I do see plenty of honest debate and back-and-forth though.
    Agreed, many times I have seen a poster seem to be offended or feel wronged that others noted a disagreement with what they said and why. I've seen it described as being prevented from expressing their idea, being "shut down" like mentioned above, etc., but that is not the case. It seems they are the ones wanting to shut down others from expressing their opinion, just because their opinion differs. It's a discussion forum. If you state an opinion, others get to say why they agree or disagree.
    Last edited by 2222; February 23rd, 2021 at 10:47 PM.

Contact SC here. Click here for how trophies are calculated. Click here to see how war map placement of max halls is determined. An idea to improve legends here. I wish max players had a separate loot bank as described here. Caution, I often discuss for the sake of discussion and enjoy having my opinion challenged (or approved of) even when I care little about the actual issue. My balance wish: get rid of tornado trap, make it a decoration.

Gold rune is gone. Most worthless rune anyway.

De runes have never been common. There has not been one between now and August of last year according to the archives. There is a gap on the wiki for games before that. There was one in October 2019 and may have been one after but they don't have anything between October 2019 and August 2020.

If you would take time from rage posting and look at every tier, it is pretty close to the same overall value from month to month. Relative value, as in worth to you particularly, may vary greatly. Take a few breaths and spend the time raiding instead of raging. Runes are pretty much a waste of reward space for me.
    Where is raging.. i just put my view that last month's 2 builder potion is NOT EQUAL to this month's only one potion.

Lets say in last tier.. we usually get 100 gems every month... What if they reduce it to 50% and place only 50 gems in that last tier. Will that be ok? Absolutely not!
    And certainly not after what they did to last GG Reward mixup... Without any compensation!
    And yes Rune was one of the most imp thing for me at that time. Because i planned it that way. And on that day I cashed my existing rune and planned to use another on 29th [ which was never given, and this was most important plan of my updated.. which got shattered.. thanks to SC]. So dont tell me rune is worthless. If you look at everything like that way even books are worth nothing after maxedout hero, completed lab update and so on... So plz don't go in that direction.

So yes SC has to take responsibility and it must be compensated.
    Last edited by dkwalabase; February 24th, 2021 at 02:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dkwalabase View Post
    Where is raging.. i just put my view that last month's 2 builder potion is NOT EQUAL to this month's only one potion.

Lets say in last tier.. we usually get 100 gems every month... What if they reduce it to 50% and place only 50 gems in that last tier. Will that be ok? Absolutely not!
    And certainly not after what they did to last GG Reward mixup... Without any compensation!
    And yes Rune was one of the most imp thing for me at that time. Because i planned it that way. And on that day I cashed my existing rune and planned to use another on 29th [ which was never given, and this was most important plan of my updated.. which got shattered.. thanks to SC]. So dont tell me rune is worthless. If you look at everything like that way even books are worth nothing after maxedout hero, completed lab update and so on... So plz don't go in that direction.

So yes SC has to take responsibility and it must be compensated.
    In my opinion, gold rune is the least valuable of any rune. Main village gold is the most readily available resource. For me, even on my mini that has upgrades to do, they are better spent selling for 50 gems. Oh my goodness, due to a mistake, you may have to wait a couple of days to get a builder busy. It is not the end of the world. Get over it. It must be awesome to live in your world where you never make a mistake or a decision that needs to be reversed (one time offer rants you have made) . Must be compensated? Really? No. A mistake was made. Move on. You act like they stole your first born child.
    sig by dharmaraj in sig shop
    Clan: MN ICE #8UCRP8CL
    IGN: Piper139 #2PQQR9Q22

Lurking somewhere. Why can’t we smirk in here?
    I keep looking for these, but now I’m worried if I do catch the 70-pointer, that it’d be for removing obstacles (after having a season’s challenge to remove a bunch, lol). I seem to recall they (obstacles) used to spawn about every 8 hrs ages ago but, it seems much less often now. Is it just my imagination?

Thanks TerM!

Got kinda worried snooks might be gf, but seems there's no gf in the set-up so she is absolutely confirmed.
    -Ninja