Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Spam,spam,spam

Centennial Club

Spam,spam,spam

As a competitive player Iím seeing less skill in the game than ever. The spam meta for me is taking the skill of base building and attack out the game. The balance is wrong and it takes sc way to long to bring some balance. Base building cannot do anyone.

Millennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by MrT22 View Post
    As a competitive player Iím seeing less skill in the game than ever. The spam meta for me is taking the skill of base building and attack out the game. The balance is wrong and it takes sc way to long to bring some balance. Base building cannot do anyone.
    Define "spam" please.

Every single attack can be classified as "spam" because every single attack has a phase where the player drops a ton of troops.

Aq walk into lalo? The lalo is spammed.
    Hybrid? Also spammed at some point.

So, again, please define "spam" in regards to attacking.

Last edited by ziya645; February 18th, 2021 at 11:13 PM.

Adapt, appreciate, and own up to what you have.

If you can’t beat ‘em, spam ‘em.

Millennial Club

Clan:
    ClashAustralia! | Clan ID: #P0QG0C8J | IGN: VanSim | Discord: VanSim#7997
    Clan Lvl: 17 CWL: Masters Clan Formed: 16/03/2015
    TH: TH12 | AQ: L65 | BK: 65 | GW 40 | Max Trophies: 4500+
    TH: TH12 | AQ: L65 | BK: 65 | GW 40 | Max Trophies: 3800+
    TH: TH13 | AQ: L75 | BK: 75 | GW 50 | RC: 25 | Max Trophies: 5500+

Pro Member
    New Delhi, India, Asia, The Earth, The Solar System, Milkyway galaxy
    Make your bases such that they easily stop these "spam" strats.

Millennial Club
    As a competitive player I’m seeing less skill in the game than ever. The spam meta for me is taking the skill of base building and attack out the game. The balance is wrong and it takes sc way to long to bring some balance. Base building cannot do anyone.
    Share your base...if you want assistance with adjusting it to prevent certain types of attacks (there's a whole subform on that)
    Share the attack...if you want analysis if it truly was a spam
    Share your stats...what league are you in, what TH level, what defenses are down....all of these are reasons for "spam" attacks.

I'm not sure what is described as spam in these posts. To me it is simply releasing all of the troops at 1 or 2 locations (like with witches or loons or valks back in the day). Its basically the press and release once they are done. I haven't seen one of these attacks in forever.

Mass attacks which are confused as spam in most of these posts. This is when you fan a particular unit. THIS IS NOT SPAM...often it is done from a particular side, often designed to kill the outside to create a funnel for most of the troops to enter. The reason they are release quickly in a fanning motion...is due to time. Time: we only have 3 mins to attack. Time: overwhelm a row of defenses allows your troops to not die as quickly. Time: sometimes my wife/kids need me and I need to quick attack Time: there is not time to plan for a particular base....you have 30 seconds or skip. Often till you find an easy base for your comp. Time: it takes time to plan out comps or using phased attacks, which is pointless for farming. Just find a good Mass attack that gets good loot and doesn't cost alot.

Mass attacks are often done with air: loons, drags, edrags, super minions or ground: witches, bowlers, giants, yeti. Prior to Th9, you saw mass attacks with Barch and GiBarch (yet no one complains about those and calls them spam...despite them being the same type of attack).

Phased attacks....are more typically done during WAR/CWL for the reason stated above. There is time to analyze a base and break it down. Examples: anything with AQ walk/charge, anything using edrags to create the funnel, anytime a base can be cleared out halfway by heros and CC...then the mass attack cleans it up. Many of the truly fun phased attacks stopped around TH11 (with loons or loons). Those took skill and timing....but they take too long for TH12/13. (on of my fav was AQ walk Golem Hog....great at TH9).
    Last edited by pb913; February 19th, 2021 at 03:18 PM.

Ahh, the days of hoping for a 2 star with a GoWiPe army.
    TH12 - lvl206 - 298k FIN - Oct2012 - 12 Okt + 3 mos
    Gold Grab - 2bn
    Elixir Escapade - 2bn
    Heroic Heist - 23.97m +3,52
    BH8 - PB 4329

We just finished a very close war where the opponent top TH13s all used the exact same attack, only varied by the SM:

4 IG
    8 Witches
    8 Yeti
    2 Rage
    2 Freeze
    2 Jump
    CC Log Roller or SB Pekka/Giant/IG Rage

Basically it was 4 IG spread across one side of the base (usually 9-12 but sometimes one of the 3 other sides) followed by the 8 yetis spread evenly behing the IG and then the witches spread the same way. Then drop all heroes and SM.

Out of our 8 13s that range from completely new to nearly maxed they got 5/8 3s with 80/66/87 on the remaining 3. of course the ones they didn't get were 1,2,4. But this attack is pretty powerful, and very reminiscent of the BoWitch at 10 and Golem Witch at 9. I don't really mind spam attacks though. I've dropped hybrid completely from my TH11 attack repertoire because pekka bat and zap witch is equally as successful and it not ruined by SuperMin in the CC.

My point? Don't hate on the spam attacks, embrace them!
    TMBG War Clan always recruiting - Wars with TH9-13
    TMBG Discord server:
    https://discord.gg/byNR2xZ

Centennial Club
    Here comes the old skill-based > spam attacks.
    I will say, just like what I've said before, it is a matter of preference.

If you are a competitive player, you should know that every kind of attack has a chance to 3 star a base or two. What matters the most is the execution.