Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Spam,spam,spam

Quote Originally Posted by Okier View Post
    The term SPAM comes from the advertising of a butcher's shop for a sausage consisting of Chopped Pork & Ham, which was given to each customer as a sample, whether he wanted it or not. It was only later that the "serious" definition "Special Product Announcement Message" was invented for it. PS: You can still buy SPAM sausage today (Amazon)!
    I’ve read it was a portmanteau of “SPiced hAM” named by Hormel, the man not the company, hence SPAM, but I like your story.

There’s a Hawaiian bbq place around here that offers Spam Musubi which is prepared similar to sashimi or other sushi types.

SPAM is supposed to be super popular in Hawaii as a result of being sent en masse (spammed, if you will) to soldiers stationed in the region during WWII.

As a casual player playing the game for enjoyment these past several years, Iím now seeing more of a variety of skilled and unskilled players and diversity of attacks and bases in the game than ever. The spam meta complaints for me are taking the entertainment value of playing the game for entertainment out of the game. Sure, take away the one 3* we get out of every 20 war attacks by making it a requirement to play the game according to a minority few players who claim folks like me should play the game their way, without an occasional enjoyment, but because minority elite players think we are ruining the game.

Maybe I (and a million or 2 like me) should get our entertainment elsewhere, stop paying SC for gems and season pass, and quit the game. The balance between who supports this game with cash and the small minority elite soldier spam complainers is wrong and it takes spam complainers way to long to get some balance.

Fresh Spawn
    The problem is now offense is large better than offense.
    Last year, it war very rare to seen a perf map, this year, 50% off the teams are doing perf map every match.

It's easy to fix it, SC have just to nerf zap on inferno tower.
    Last edited by FP4Ever; February 27th, 2021 at 05:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by FP4Ever View Post
    Last year, it war very rare to seen a perf map, this year, 50% off the teams are doing perf map every match.

So what do they do once they nerf zap on inferno tower then realise not everybody, or maybe even only a few players whom 3 star, are using the technique?
    And many successful strats dont use zap in any form at all?

The problem with trying to isolate one instance as the cause for Offense being stronger than Defense, is that eventually every strat will be nerfed in turn, simply because there are so many viable options open to the attacker currently.
    Youtube and Social Media go a long way towards what is considered the current METa, because advertisement creates popularity.

In my view, the balance swung when they introduced a further 20 camp space..
    Prior to that, 3 stars on a decent base was beyond my ability..
    Whatever compo I tried, I found that I was left a little short.. The "if only" syndrome..
    All of a sudden I could tweak and add, and that little extra power and choice was crucial to me.

But I like the game as it is..
    I like that I can have some success..
    I still dont find it easy by any stretch, as I am still learning.. Hopefully.

The game is about having fun..
    I dont want to be paying into the system to support a set up aimed purely at elite competition players, as I have no interest in elite competition play..
    I pay my money for me.. For my benefit.

Quote Originally Posted by FP4Ever View Post

I donít think so, the zap spell is very balanced. The best way to fix the meta imo is to buff point defenses across the board. Just enough to get the champs 1 hitrate down from 43% to 30%.

Quote Originally Posted by LorenzoVonMT View Post
    I don’t think so, the zap spell is very balanced. The best way to fix the meta imo is to buff point defenses across the board. Just enough to get the champs 1 hitrate down from 43% to 30%.
    I prefer they drop th14 and shoot for a 30% champ1 3 star rate there, leaving th13 as is. (But, don’t release most of the offense right away, which is upgraded much faster than defense, to avoid the big offensive swing that results in calls for nerfs after every new hall drop.) A 30% hit rate at champs1 probably means 10% for more average Masters players, which is too low for the second highest hall, which is what th13 will be soonish (though donated th14 level sieges will increase that).
    Last edited by 2222; February 27th, 2021 at 06:37 PM.

Contact SC here. Click here for how trophies are calculated. Click here to see how war map placement of max halls is determined. An idea to improve legends here. I wish max players had a separate loot bank as described here. Caution, I often discuss for the sake of discussion and enjoy having my opinion challenged (or approved of) even when I care little about the actual issue. My balance wish: get rid of tornado trap, make it a decoration.

Quote Originally Posted by 2222 View Post
    I prefer they drop th14 and shoot for a 30% champ1 3 star rate there, leaving th13 as is. (But, don’t release most of the offense right away, which is upgraded much faster than defense, to avoid the big offensive swing that results in calls for nerfs after every new hall drop.)
    I wouldnít mind if sc did it this way either if th14 will be coming in June.

Quote Originally Posted by 2222 View Post
    A 30% hit rate at champs1 probably means 10% for more average Masters players, which is too low for the second highest hall, which is what th13 will be soonish (though donated th14 level sieges will increase that).
    Since th14 will be the top town hall at this point, they could nerf th13 defenses. Although, I do think the th13 hitrate will rise naturally after the introduction of th14.

Quote Originally Posted by LorenzoVonMT View Post
    I wouldn’t mind if sc did it this way either if th14 will be coming in June.

Since th14 will be the top town hall at this point, they could nerf th13 defenses. Although, I do think the th13 hitrate will rise naturally after the introduction of th14.
    While they haven’t announced it yet, April seems possible and June/July seems likely. I agree the th13 rate will rise when th14 drops. The higher level donated siege and spell will make offense stronger and while the defender gets stronger cc troops so does the attacker.

Contact SC here. Click here for how trophies are calculated. Click here to see how war map placement of max halls is determined. An idea to improve legends here. I wish max players had a separate loot bank as described here. Caution, I often discuss for the sake of discussion and enjoy having my opinion challenged (or approved of) even when I care little about the actual issue. My balance wish: get rid of tornado trap, make it a decoration.

Centennial Club
    People know what spam really is. Like the mass witch golem super wizz attack which clears just about any base from any angle with log roller. Base building is destroyed too many options available to the attacker. Iíve been playing this game since 2014 and itís in a worse mess from a competitive angle in terms of balance. If anyone think QC charge lalo is spam then I suggest they try and it see how often they 3. People class hybrid as spam really? At least thereís skill to it like pathing and spell placement and the queen walk. What we should be asking is should a low skill attacker be 3 staring more than one with high skill? If so any player can play competitive on sc pretty streams.
    Last edited by MrT22; February 28th, 2021 at 12:54 AM.