Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: "Edit Army" button is a big fat LIE!

"Edit Army" button is a big fat LIE!

"Edit Army" should let the player switch out reserve troops with currently selected troop line-up. And same with spells of course. Or change the button to what it is:
    "DROP TROOP"
    "DROP SPELL"

Uhm... another semantical issue..? , I think the word "Edit" is fine for its functionality, though it slightly lack some like "Remove/Drop all" function.

Thanks for the comment. I think Edit is should mean to change/switch troops. Sucks to just waste elixir and more importantly time just swap say: a Pekka for a dragon and a ballon. And still have your Pekka for a future attack.

Also when donating troops. They are subtracted from the players main army. No problem. The problem is the main army is immediately supplemented with the first available reserve troops.
    Ex: donate a Pekka and instantly gets replaced with 5 balloons. Maybe there could be a setting to only replace donated troops with the same troops.
    Last edited by SharkyFinn; February 12th, 2021 at 01:51 PM.

Millennial Club
    The word "edit" encompasses many things.
    When you write a paper then proofread it, you might remove content, add content, reword content, etc.

Book editors tell authors all the time to cut a book by X number of words/pages, etc.

Edit does not just mean "switch" or "change" as it can also mean "remove" or "add."

For the purposes of CoC the developers seem to view editing an army only by "remove"-ing troops/spells/sieges.

Should the edit button encompass all the various things that word itself does?
    I don't know.

You are correct. Edit encompasses many things. Coc is only utilizing one of those things. Remove. I just would like if coc would let us have some of those options.

6.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacko24000 View Post
    Also when donating troops. They are subtracted from the players main army. No problem. The problem is the main army is immediately supplemented with the first available reserve troops.
    Ex: donate a Pekka and instantly gets replaced with 5 balloons. Maybe there could be a setting to only replace donated troops with the same troops.
    You are correct. Edit encompasses many things. Coc is only utilizing one of those things. Remove. I just would like if coc would let us have some of those options.
    Are you sure you understand how editing your army works? In addition to removing troops, you can also add them and change their order, so you already get to dictate what troops move to your camps before you donate anything from your camps. Your suggesting to replace a donated troop with the same troop doesn't make any sense. If you had a pekka in your reserve army, that's the one that would be donated, not the one in your army camps, so you don't even need to change the order in this example. Troops are only subtracted from the main army if you don't have one in your reserve army. And if there isn't one in your reserve army and you do donate the one in your camps, there is no "same troop" to replace it. There's only the 25-slots worth of troops that you chose to be next in line to fill the camps.
    SharkyFinn.com Official Web Site

SharkyFinn.com Official Web Site -+- SharkBite YouTube Channel
    USAR (#2GR9YCGR) - Level 22 - 777 Clan War wins
    Private Message - + - Forum Rules - + - Groupme - + - Discord

In what way is it a lie?

played clash of clans for 3 years...or was it 4? Signature courtesy of terminus prime and his shop
    my main account: https://www.clash.ninja/stats-tracke...ctor-9990lcc2p
    my clan thread: https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...nation-clan%21

Lie might be too strong a word, but its definitely not a very function filled edit.
    Its only remove. Edit should let you substitute troops without having to drop troops. I worded the title the way I did to get the conversation going. I really like playing coc. 😃

Forum Superstar
    Lie might be too strong a word, but its definitely not a very function filled edit.
    Its only remove. Edit should let you substitute troops without having to drop troops. I worded the title the way I did to get the conversation going. I really like playing coc. 😃
    Main forum rule #21:

Do not create deliberately provocative or insincere posts, or use click-bait titles. Trolling is always prohibited.

I wasn't trying to provoke anything. Definitely not trolling.