Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Supercell seems to have gone lazy and greedy

talking about greed, now i noticed for the first time the biggest red chests what normally gives 25 diamonds also gives 5 diamonds like the other midsized and small chests, the questionmark screen still showing 13 and 25 diamonds, why is that SC, can you guys explain that pls ?
    Leader of HOOD#: PCYQYY80
    ID#:
    2Y9OUPGOU
    LVL: 126
    KIK: Timpie1980

Humming "The Soft Goodbye" Please see my signature.
    Quote Originally Posted by j18a View Post
    ...- Samsung Tab A - the game periodically restarts and crashes. It crashes when I try to write something in chat (the keyboard freezes, and then the game crashes, and also when I want to visit the city - the game crashes, after 5-6 attempts I get to the city) - (free RAM 0.8 GB - total on the tablet 2.0 GB, but with factory settings it takes 1.2 GB).
    My guess is that the game crashes when there is not enough RAM. At the moment, the Samsung Tab A is not equipped for this game.
    I think you may be right about insufficient RAM causing chronic restarts on the Galaxy Tab A.

AFAIK, Samsung released two versions of the Tab A in 2017 and 2019, respectively. Both devices come with 2GB RAM. I'm using the 2017 version and it upgraded to Android OS 9. But the 2019 version may be upgraded to Android OS 10.

Per the Device Care app which was preloaded on my 2017 Tab A, the system and apps are using 1 GB RAM. 199 MB has been reserved which leaves 880MB of free RAM. Luckily for me, I'm experiencing only restarts instead of crashes. I'm speculating that Team Hay Day raised the RAM requirement in the last update which created restarts and crashes for some players.

EDIT: I just restarted my device and opened the Device Care app to check on RAM usage again.
    System and apps: 715MB
    Reserved: 199 MB
    Available space: 1.1GB

---
    Lynn, Casual Clasher, Casual Farmer, and Casual Boomer
    February 11, 2021
    Last edited by LynnK2015; February 11th, 2021 at 09:22 PM.
    Dedicating "The Soft Goodbye" to the Supercell forums and the people who made it an awesome community, the brightest star in the evening sky.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nDVgb4pJMdI

Quote Originally Posted by Nick[Supercell] View Post
    I am sorry but the issue is really really hard to track down! We have tried some things, but so far with very little luck. The team is constantly looking into it and trying to figure out what is happening. We'll let you all know when we have a fix for it!

Cheers,

Nick
    Thank you for the information Nick
    YouTube: Vombatti

Quote Originally Posted by Tim1980 View Post
    talking about greed, now i noticed for the first time the biggest red chests what normally gives 25 diamonds also gives 5 diamonds like the other midsized and small chests, the questionmark screen still showing 13 and 25 diamonds, why is that SC, can you guys explain that pls ?
    I’ve noticed this as well, even the chest in the sea only give 5 diamonds now instead of 8
    Farm ID - #9Y2R9CPV
    Farm Level - 200
    Town Level - 62
    Achievements Completed - 144/144
    Game Center - Philly+B

Millennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Anniebel884 View Post
    Personally I think it is maybe a SC server issue because from personal experience it seems to happen more when a larger number of players are online
    How do you know when large numbers of players are on line? The game is played around the world so, with time zones everywhere having different peak times, it would be impossible for users to know if there are large numbers on line.

Clan:
    ClashAustralia! | Clan ID: #P0QG0C8J | IGN: VanSim | Discord: VanSim#7997
    Clan Lvl: 17 CWL: Masters Clan Formed: 16/03/2015
    TH: TH12 | AQ: L65 | BK: 65 | GW 40 | Max Trophies: 4500+
    TH: TH12 | AQ: L65 | BK: 65 | GW 40 | Max Trophies: 3800+
    TH: TH14 | AQ: L80 | BK: 76 | GW 55 | RC: 30| Max Trophies: 5500+

Quote Originally Posted by vansimon View Post
    How do you know when large numbers of players are on line? The game is played around the world so, with time zones everywhere having different peak times, it would be impossible for users to know if there are large numbers on line.
    From a large number of factors, time zones, how quickly helps are attended to, how quickly things are sold in my stall, how quickly things are sold in paper etc - pretty easy to work out really if you think about it.

Quote Originally Posted by LynnK2015 View Post
    I think you may be right about insufficient RAM causing chronic restarts on the Galaxy Tab A.

AFAIK, Samsung released two versions of the Tab A in 2017 and 2019, respectively. Both devices come with 2GB RAM. I'm using the 2017 version and it upgraded to Android OS 9. But the 2019 version may be upgraded to Android OS 10.

Per the Device Care app which was preloaded on my 2017 Tab A, the system and apps are using 1 GB RAM. 199 MB has been reserved which leaves 880MB of free RAM. Luckily for me, I'm experiencing only restarts instead of crashes. I'm speculating that Team Hay Day raised the RAM requirement in the last update which created restarts and crashes for some players.

EDIT: I just restarted my device and opened the Device Care app to check on RAM usage again.
    System and apps: 715MB
    Reserved: 199 MB
    Available space: 1.1GB

---
    February 11, 2021
    i have the same issues so confirmed SAmsung tab a 2019 and free ram 1.2 gb about 1,5 year old

kinda sad that having constantly problems with the game i love and buying a new tablet for a silly game isnt really option so i guess its bb time

Quote Originally Posted by Fifio View Post
    i have the same issues so confirmed SAmsung tab a 2019 and free ram 1.2 gb about 1,5 year old

kinda sad that having constantly problems with the game i love and buying a new tablet for a silly game isnt really option so i guess its bb time
    Good luck, fellow Boomer.

Quote Originally Posted by ziya645 View Post
    It's probably background apps, 1gb ram is the minimum requirement for all SC games I'm pretty sure.
    Per Helpshift page about Hay Day, 0.5 GB RAM is the minimum requirement but 1 GB or more is recommended.
    https://help.supercellsupport.com/ha...e-crashes.html

BTW, I also play Boom Beach, Clash of Clans, and Clash Royale as often as Hay Day, but only HD restarts when I play it. Apparently, HD uses more RAM than BB, CoC, and CR.
    Last edited by LynnK2015; February 13th, 2021 at 06:45 AM.
    Dedicating "The Soft Goodbye" to the Supercell forums and the people who made it an awesome community, the brightest star in the evening sky.

Banned
    What is required is a Down-date.......roll back HD to the last stable version.

This issue has really gone on long enough, I presume this is costing SC not only player count but revenue as well.

If, as some members are saying, the issue happened after the farm pass update, downdate to the version b4 that.

Dedicated (and paying) players should not have to continue suffering poor gameplay because of poor programming.

Quote Originally Posted by nukeman235 View Post
    What is required is a Down-date.......roll back HD to the last stable version.

This issue has really gone on long enough, I presume this is costing SC not only player count but revenue as well.

If, as some members are saying, the issue happened after the farm pass update, downdate to the version b4 that.

Dedicated (and paying) players should not have to continue suffering poor gameplay because of poor programming.
    Poor programming indeed. What I find so astounding about the Farm Pass is that Hay Day isn't the first Supercell game team to implement a "Battle Pass" model in its game. Team Clash of Clans introduced the Gold Pass a few years ago and the game has experienced a renaissance in player activity and revenue per Game Lead Eino in a video published by Supercell. Clash Royale and Brawlstars followed Clash of Clan's example and introduced the Pass Royale and Brawl Pass, respectively.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jl9J...ature=youtu.be

I think it's reasonable to assume that Team Hay Day gained insights on how to code the Farm Pass feature without causing other issues by first reviewing the code from other games such as Clash of Clans, Clash Royale, and Brawl Stars. And Team Hay Day still fouled up and shipped an update with chronic restarts and crashes for certain devices. Unbelievable!

After the Gold Pass and Pass Royale were implemented in Clash of Clans and Clash Royale, I didn't experience chronic restarts or chronic crashes like I have while playing Hay Day. I don't play Brawl Star so I won't comment on its game performance. I must wonder what the hell is going on with Team Hay Day and its poor performance lately resulting from the last update.

I'm beyond frustrated and think a change is necessary for the good of Hay Day's longevity. Maybe a change in team dynamic will improve overall team performance. Per the Supercell website, the company is hiring a Game Lead for Clash Royale.

https://supercell.com/en/careers/game-lead-clash-royale/603957/

I think Team Hay Day should consider changing the dynamic of the team by reaching a consensus to hire a new Game Lead. Good luck on making a tough decision because change is never easy.

---
    February 12, 2021
    Last edited by LynnK2015; February 13th, 2021 at 07:06 AM.