Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Please give us the option to block rogue players...

Please give us the option to block rogue players...

This week we had a new member join our hood. I should have been alerted when they immediately started asking for barn expansions, but I became less concerned when they then offered to trade. On Monday I posted our derby rules for this week, and was met with an excited “oh can’t wait.” We exchanged some questions and answers and I was left to assume all was well. We always go for a fast start on standard derby, and this was posted in our leader chat. So imagine how shocked I was to find they took a goat milk task (with only 8 goats). When questioned about this they then trashed the task, then chose a 25 hot chocolates task that was not prepped. I was disappointed but as they were new was going to try to help them through, as were my team who are all very lovely and really understanding (thank goodness). Despite many attempts to engage, the new player wasn’t interacting at all. Then I came on this morning to find they’d trashed the chocolate task without completing and had taken a fishing task (with only 5 spots open). No explanation, no apologies to myself or team, nothing...

I have removed them now and have increased the join level and changed to invite only. But when will there be an option to bar bad players. This has been an issue many of us have brought up over a number of years. Please, please look at this and try to help us manage this.

You cannot know what a player will do when you let them into your NH. The tools you are using, i.e. invite only, farm level, as well as using the boot as you see fit are the tools you have to develop your NH the way you see fit. What other types of tools are you looking for?

Thanks to Be A Legend for the signature!

Of course I understand that it’s difficult to know how a player will pan out. Our neighbourhood is quite new so we are looking to build and happy to give players a chance.

This particular player had an active farm, yes some parts needed more development, fishing and goats being just two areas that needed expanding, but I was happy to work with that and help them grow.

Why anyone would ignore help and advice and go on to trash a second active task after a discussion about why active tasks shouldn’t be trashed is beyond me, I can only assume it was deliberate.

My fear is if I revert to my previous settings the rogue player can return. They can change their name and adjust their farm and they’re in. I don’t want them ever to darken our doors again.

I think, and I know this view is shared by others, that leaders should have the option to prevent rogue players rejoining. It shouldn’t be difficult, each player has their own unique ID.

The rogue players would be less inclined to mess about if they knew they’d be blocked from neighbourhoods.
    It’s soul destroying when you’re trying to build a new hood and others are trying hard.
    Last edited by Paulettes; February 3rd, 2021 at 09:02 PM.

We once had a kid join who took a task, trashed it, took another, then said “sorry... I am off to dance school for the summer, bye!”

you dance on. It’s just a game.

you can’t tell how old a farmer is and some old farmers act like children

Best thing to do is take a deep breath, leave your settings where you've changed them and move on. Never forget, it's just a game. Don't take it quite so seriously, games are supposed to help us relax so just enjoy it.

It's been a wonderful 4 years here. Thanks everyone and stay in touch!
    Quote Originally Posted by WussyPuss View Post
    We once had a kid join who took a task, trashed it, took another, then said “sorry... I am off to dance school for the summer, bye!”

you dance on. It’s just a game.

you can’t tell how old a farmer is and some old farmers act like children
    But I really did have to leave for dance school!

Paulette- I'm not sure if this players actions were intended to interfere with the derby or not, but perhaps they just don't have a good working knowledge of the derby. I have also heard of non-English speaking players joining English preferred nh's and translating what's said in chat (and we know translations are not always accurate). Either way, best wishes in building a great hood.
    Last edited by Tahoe; February 4th, 2021 at 05:41 AM.

https://justhayday.boards.net/
    (Grand Opening 5/28/21)

Quote Originally Posted by MissPoufy View Post
    Best thing to do is take a deep breath, leave your settings where you've changed them and move on. Never forget, it's just a game. Don't take it quite so seriously, games are supposed to help us relax so just enjoy it.
    I couldn’t agree more. The way people fret about derbies is not worth it.

Thanks for the replies. I’m not fretting, we have moved on already, the player has too and it’s now someone else’s problem. No issues with language, and we had wondered if it was a child but on the odd occasion they did respond they were in fact quite well spoken, didn’t indicate to me they were a child at all - of course I could be wrong and we will never know. It is a game, but it’s very, very frustrating. I still think this feature should be a consideration and I know other players (not only leaders) who have called for it in the past too.
    Perhaps one for another day...

There is a type of players just moving around to spoil derbys for others and they also try to come back its just what it is, the best thing you can do is just move forward and forget about the incident. Happily in a place right now where settings is request to join so no surprises

10.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #10
    On the Forum until the lights are turned off
    It might sound counterintuitive, but I try to keep anyone who has behaved badly on my friends list. That way I can see where they are. If they change their farm name they are still visible to me.

It's become apparent to me recently that a few long-term players have a real misunderstanding of how the Derby works. You'd think they would know by now...
    Come join the new unofficial Hay Day forum: https://justhayday.boards.net/