Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What Type of Farm Design Do You Like?

I like farms where you can find the helps, so a mixture of deco and farm. I have a few areas for deco, changed seasonally and areas of working farm. Fields and orchards and production machines each in their assigned sea. I don’t want to have to look for items on my farm. Animals get some shade from original trees and orchards.

I like to organise the layout on mine and usually tie in with most recent theme. Currently I have a a valentines area and a Chinese New Year plot, and I’ll update these throughout the year. I dislike traditional farm layouts as I like decos and most call for themes. I have an area given over to trees and I display those in sets of 10 to make watering easier (can’t cope with farms where you can’t find helps). My machines are on view but in an order so that my neighbours can see I’m active, and my crop area is arranged as are my animals. All in all I suppose I’m more than a little bit organised really
    Last edited by Paulettes; February 7th, 2021 at 04:34 PM.

My original farm is a bit more rustic, but with my baby I really thought about design so is a little more formal.

The Meaning of Life, The Universe, and Everything
    I like the farm of Greg very much.

Of course he has the advantage of unlimited diamonds to create everything how he wants to be it, but his mix of machines, animals and fields is very natural.

When I watch his farm, it has an relaxing effect on me.

On the other side I don't like farms with too much decoration, too much gold or even hidden machines behind trees. I also can't understand why so many farms have withered trees and bushes. Not only does it look unsightly, but in my opinion it's not necessary if you always cut down withered trees and bushes in time.
    "Etiam tacere est respondere" [Unknown author]

I like farms that are nicely decorated and organised. On my farm I used lots of roads and paths so everything has its own place. I don't have my trees grouped in orchards, bushes and trees are integrated into the farm design. I also like to have my pets moving around, I find it very relaxing to watch my dogs walking around sniffing everything my farm tag is VJ2GYLGG if anyone is interested to take a look
    Last edited by sylver14; February 9th, 2021 at 08:52 AM.

The Meaning of Life, The Universe, and Everything
    I won't not to be misunderstood.

So, I also like deco, but sometimes it's too much. If a farm is overloaded with deco I didn't find it beautiful anymore. It depends on the right mixture, what is too much is too much.
    "Etiam tacere est respondere" [Unknown author]

Quote Originally Posted by donkeyfan View Post
    I won't not to be misunderstood.

So, I also like deco, but sometimes it's too much. If a farm is overloaded with deco I didn't find it beautiful anymore. It depends on the right mixture, what is too much is too much.
    Everyone has different tastes of course. Personally I don't have a problem with 'too much deco' as long as the decorations/colours match with each other. My farm is also fully decorated and some people like it some people don't.
    I also don't really like the farms that use those Halloween theme metal fences or the brick/stone walls. There was a time when I used them too, but now I think they fit more in the town area and not on the actual farm. I prefer the hedge and wood fences.