Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Current state of SCID ?

Current state of SCID ?

Hi.

I'm playing 10 CoC accounts (no other SC game). I've been hoarding old devices from family and friends, so each has its own device when I'm at home, but I travel 2-3 days a week during which I only carry a couple of devices so must switch accounts a lot . Also, I must switch for War attacks because half my devices are really slow, unreliable even.

Currently, I'm switching directly in Google Play Games, with a keyboard shortcut so I don't have to type in "CONFIRM" every time, just "hh". That's fast enough, and it gives me Google's 2FA protection w/ an authenticator app.

I'm wondering what would be the benefits, if any, of switching to SCID, and there's contradictory info circulating:
    - does it support multiple accounts now ? It seems it didn't early on, but now does ?
    - does it support *real* 2FA w/ an authenticator code (not email, not text) ?
    - Am i right that switching accounts is frictionless, no "CONFIRM" or such needed ?

It's a bit frightening how google searches for CoC stuff bring up so much outdated/unreliable info. Thanks for your advice !
    Last edited by obarthelemy; January 28th, 2021 at 07:02 AM.

yes for all 3 questions

Its definitely the way to go if you play a lot of accounts. I have 32 accounts and it takes about 3 clicks and 6-7 sec to swap and load up a new base for me. SCID can hold up to 50 accounts on one device, & you can have all those accounts on as many devices as you want. I play CoC casually on my Iphone & android phone and switch to my Ipad when i do war attacks.

Theres no typing required to switch base. I dont know about 2-factor authtiicator, they send you a 6 digit code over email for each base. You will need an email for each base, or use something like gmail naming scheme to put them on one email if you want. But thats kind of risky if you have to recover a base for whatever reason. The only problems people seem to have with SCID are people that falls for phishing scams. Just dont give your email out.

4.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #4
    Quote Originally Posted by obarthelemy View Post
    Hi.

I'm playing 10 CoC accounts (no other SC game). I've been hoarding old devices from family and friends, so each has its own device when I'm at home, but I travel 2-3 days a week during which I only carry a couple of devices so must switch accounts a lot . Also, I must switch for War attacks because half my devices are really slow, unreliable even.

Currently, I'm switching directly in Google Play Games, with a keyboard shortcut so I don't have to type in "CONFIRM" every time, just "hh". That's fast enough, and it gives me Google's 2FA protection w/ an authenticator app.

I'm wondering what would be the benefits, if any, of switching to SCID, and there's contradictory info circulating:
    - does it support multiple accounts now ? It seems it didn't early on, but now does ?
    - does it support *real* 2FA w/ an authenticator code (not email, not text) ?
    - Am i right that switching accounts is frictionless, no "CONFIRM" or such needed ?

It's a bit frightening how google searches for CoC stuff bring up so much outdated/unreliable info. Thanks for your advice !
    1. It supports up to 50 remembered accounts per device.
    2. No. Though text is as "real" as anything else for 2FA, it doesn't support any form of 2FA unless you choose to forget an account, when it requires email (which as you say is not true 2FA).
    3 Yes. Total of 3 clicks - Gears, circular arrows, account of choice.

5.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #5
    Quote Originally Posted by LiterallyVirat View Post
    yes for all 3 questions
    Why do you say this. It is absolutely NO for the 2nd?

Quote Originally Posted by LiterallyVirat View Post
    yes for all 3 questions
    I'm sorry but you don't know SCID it would seem. One of the big issues being discussed right now is the lack of 2FA and other measures...

@Ajax Thanks a lot for the answers. Not yet for me then, but at least I can stop wondering.
    Text is kind of OK for "just a game", but the entire cell phone infrastructure is based on the very old, very unsafe SS7 protocol which totally unsafe for serious (banking, business, political...) purposes. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Signal...ulnerabilities

As someone who doesn't use SCID, and like you i have stayed with Google Play, i would suggest that SCID is actually in a good place these days, and i should probably move over myself.

For the record, i didn't use SCID because at the time of implementation hacking and modding were still active within the game, which didn't fill me with confidence about SC Server security, not that Google is an angel etc

These days however, the game is in a different place, so perhaps it is time to migrate!
    Clan Name : SOUTH WEST 45, Clan Tag : #90LP2PL. Highest Win Streak 12!
    Clan Details : Established 2012! Adult, English speaking International Level 18 War Clan (twice a week). Recruitment Thread : https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...10-s-to-TH12-s My Spec : Max TH12.

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    Why do you say this. It is absolutely NO for the 2nd?
    Quote Originally Posted by JusMe View Post
    I'm sorry but you don't know SCID it would seem. One of the big issues being discussed right now is the lack of 2FA and other measures...
    Sorry my bad guys ,I didn't read the second one correctly

10.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #10
    As with any security system, there is no such thing as a system that's 100% perfectly secure. However, converting your account to SCID is the most secure way of holding on to your account to prevent it from getting phished or scammed.

But as with any security system, the user is always the weakest link. A system is only as secure as how diligent you are about your data hygiene. Even an SCID account can be stolen if you do anything to put your account at risk, like account sharing/buying/selling accounts, or any other activity that allows someone else access to your information.

Converting to an SCID account also makes account recovery much faster than if you weren't using one.

Additionally, if you have multiple accounts then attaching each account to its own SCID makes switching between the accounts much more convenient since it's just a few screen taps away.
    AKA Tank Puppy
    https://twitter.com/Devourlick

If you have account-related questions like account bans or Supercell ID issues, please contact Player Support at this link. Please note that Community Managers and Forum Moderators are unable to assist or answer any account-related questions.