Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Recruitment Tool Discussion Thread

Pro Member
    near the map legend right by the seadragon
    My problem with the recruitment tool is the large amount of inactive accounts that are returned in a search. My shot from the hip recommendation is if a player has not been active in the last 7 days they should not be in the pool of players that shows up when a clan searches for a player. Probably reasonable to put in similar type of restriction to clans that are being shown to players searching for clans.

I just did a search with no tags selected, and of the players returned on the list 32 were not active (no attacks or defenses on their home base, no league) and 1 had a player tag that could not be found. So 33 duds (out of 50 I think) right off the bat. Looking at the profiles * looked active, so I tried t invite them. Of those 8 players, 3 had full inboxes. So I have invited 5 players, and I have no way of knowing when they receive the invite and if they have declined it other than if I see a new player pop up in the clan in the future with no request to join.
    Free to play (TH13 BK75 AQ75 GW50 RC20).
    Thank you to all the players who buy gems and allow others to play for free.

Am I a pro player because my team wins prize money, even though it is always in the bottom 25% and doesn’t advance past the ladder round?

Pro Member
    near the map legend right by the seadragon
    My clan is about 7 years old, clan level 19, is a mixed th level clan with some max th13, a number of th12, th11, th10s and a few th9s. War record is decent with more wins than losses and over 900 wars fought, and in crystal 1 for clan war leagues. We are set to international with required town hall level set at 11. We are marked as an international clan, and speak English.

The search results for players did return only th11 and above players, so that is good. But when 72% of the offerings are already broken (meaning accounts no longer play or can't receive an invitation) from the outset I don't think your tool is working.
    Free to play (TH13 BK75 AQ75 GW50 RC20).
    Thank you to all the players who buy gems and allow others to play for free.

Am I a pro player because my team wins prize money, even though it is always in the bottom 25% and doesn’t advance past the ladder round?

3.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #43
    I thought I'd drop a comment regarding one of the pieces of feedback I've been reading. One of the concerns is that search results pull up people who are already in Clans. One of the challenges is that over 80% of players are in Clans, leaving only under 20% who are Clanless, with many of those Clanless players being TH4 and below.

So this means the number of Clans looking for Clanless players far outnumbers the number of players looking for Clans. How many times have you gotten a request from a player looking to join a Clan but when you accept their invite you get the message stating the player is already in another Clan? It's because the demand far outstrips the supply, and Clanless players have a much easier time finding Clans than Clans who are looking for players.

For every one player looking for a Clan, there are dozens of Clans who can't find a player because of this ratio.

This is what I meant by some things could use a bit more transparency in how they work behind the scenes, but also help manage your expectations. As far as inviting players who are already in Clans, the reason we allow you to ping players who are in Clans is that you never know if someone is simply waiting for an invite to join another Clan. If someone doesn't want an invite, they can simply turn off invite requests.
    AKA Tank Puppy
    https://twitter.com/Devourlick

If you have account-related questions like account bans or Supercell ID issues, please contact Player Support at this link. Please note that Community Managers and Forum Moderators are unable to assist or answer any account-related questions.

4.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #44
    Quote Originally Posted by Darian[Supercell] View Post
    This is what I meant by some things could use a bit more transparency in how they work behind the scenes, but also help manage your expectations. As far as inviting players who are already in Clans, the reason we allow you to ping players who are in Clans is that you never know if someone is simply waiting for an invite to join another Clan. If someone doesn't want an invite, they can simply turn off invite requests.
    I suspect this may be part of the issue. When this was set up, everybody defaulted to Green on the "accept Invites" button, and many have probably just never changed that even though they have no intention of moving clan.

Would it be worthwhile having that change back to red automatically after a certain time, or maybe a pop up asking if the player really still wants to accept invites?

Centennial Club
    These are my suggestions for improvement.
    1. I think the badges should be earned. There should be requirements to full fill to get each badge . So when we select a badge in search , we find players who actually earned it.
    2. There should be a toggle button to search players with same in-game language settings only.
    3. We should be able to search for players in our region/timezone .
    4. The accept invite button should work same as the creator code . It should automatically turnoff after a certain amount of time and the player need to turn it back on again.

Trainee
    First off, I am very happy to see that Supercell now seems to take an interest in improving the 'recruitment tool'. About a year ago, I got quite frustrated with this tool and since that time, I have managed to ignore it completely.

Now, my take on necessary improvements:

1. (and foremost and not new) Language. The in-game language setting could be used for that. In the old days I regularly changed this, just to be able to meet people in other global chats (mumbles something about the beautiful Norse language). The language setting could be automatic (based on game settings) or manual (with the same list of available languages) and perhaps part of the bio that was mentioned before.

Quote Originally Posted by tapesh88 View Post
    1. I think the badges should be earned. There should be requirements to full fill to get each badge . So when we select a badge in search , we find players who actually earned it.
    2. I like this idea of badges that need to be earned. To name just a few suggestions: badge of (recent) activity; badge of war participation and/or reliability. I know clash of stats allows you to see who missed CWL attacks, but I am not sure whether Supercell also records this in normal wars. In some other game I remember having to win badges that you needed to polish from time to time. This surely is not a call to copy that, but just an idea.

3. It may also be good to mention a few things that may be removed from the current tool. I will start with the suggestion to remove the clan location. The list is impossibly long and completely useless, unless you happen to know that all good clans are hiding out in Vatican city.

Best regards and have a nice day,
    Leo

Pro Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    I suspect this may be part of the issue. When this was set up, everybody defaulted to Green on the "accept Invites" button, and many have probably just never changed that even though they have no intention of moving clan.

Would it be worthwhile having that change back to red automatically after a certain time, or maybe a pop up asking if the player really still wants to accept invites?

after a player declines couple of invitation he gets a pop up messages asking if you are still interested in getting clan invite. if he chooses "no" than the "accept invite" button turns red

I can also tell about myself that from to time to time I enjoy turning it on just to see what kind of clans would send me an invite, even thought I don't have real intent to leave my clan.. so I guess there are more people doing this just for fun

8.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #48
    Quote Originally Posted by tapesh88 View Post
    These are my suggestions for improvement.
    2. There should be a toggle button to search players with same in-game language settings only.
    3. We should be able to search for players in our region/timezone .
    4. The accept invite button should work same as the creator code . It should automatically turnoff after a certain amount of time and the player need to turn it back on again.

1. Badges earned or are available by default would have zero impact on the search results. Additionally, let's say I pass ownership of my Clan to my TH7 mini. Does that mean I can't use the "veteran" badge even though I've been playing for almost 6 years now? The 'earning badge' idea serves no purpose.
    2. Which languages should we include? All 6500 languages from around the globe? If we just included supported game languages, should we list every of the thousands of dialects? What about Clans that speak multiple languages? What if the Clan speaks a language that isn't one of the supported ones?
    3. The machine learning system does. And when it can't find anyone from your region it automatically expands outwards from there.
    4. No. Forcing players to constantly toggle a setting is irritating. Should I have to constantly have to turn on my Junk Mail folder in my email every month? No, it should work all of the time so I don't have to worry about it.
    AKA Tank Puppy

If you have account-related questions like account bans or Supercell ID issues, please contact Player Support at this link. Please note that Community Managers and Forum Moderators are unable to assist or answer any account-related questions.

Trainee
    Badges earned or are available by default would have zero impact on the search results. Additionally, let's say I pass ownership of my Clan to my TH7 mini. Does that mean I can't use the "veteran" badge even though I've been playing for almost 6 years now? The 'earning badge' idea serves no purpose.

I would think that we are talking about player badges that can only be claimed if they are earned through normal gameplay. So, I could only claim the badge 'active daily' if I had been (more or less) active daily during the last days/weeks/months (details left to be worked out elsewhere). Tranferring ownership of your clan to a mini would obviously not affect this. But it might obviate your claim to the badge 'Invincible clan leader'.

Which languages should we include? All 6500 languages from around the globe? If we just included supported game languages, should we list every of the thousands of dialects? What about Clans that speak multiple languages? What if the Clan speaks a language that isn't one of the supported ones?
    I would say just the in-game languages. I don't see why there should be any further spread to dialects. It would be nice if clans could select a few languages for the recruits they can accept. I agree that a clan that has chosen to only speak Latin might feel left out. So be it.

10.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #50
    Quote Originally Posted by LVinci View Post
    I would say just the in-game languages. I don't see why there should be any further spread to dialects. It would be nice if clans could select a few languages for the recruits they can accept. I agree that a clan that has chosen to only speak Latin might feel left out. So be it.
    Let's say I'm an Estonian player. Estonian isn't one of the supported game languages. But I don't speak English and my Russian is passable at best, but I don't want to be in a Russian Clan. So now I can't search for players who speak Estonian.

Seems like an awfully crappy "so be it".
    AKA Tank Puppy