Page 30 of 40 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Recruitment Tool Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by vansimon View Post
    this is exactly what he said...
    Im not sure what people want as features from clan alliances but, cross clan chat and cross donates (without the need to swap clans) would be a great start to this, also needs the ability to move freely between clans without needing to be accepted, and players with elder/co would retain rank. Added functionality (like maybe Friendly Challenges) could come later.
    I guess the other question is the limit allowed within a family?
    Clan alliances will make it easier to chat to other members of your other clans, and make it easier for donating. Also, it will be easier to merge clan’s,since people already know each other’s.Although I don’t really like the ability to move freely between clans, as it will demotivate people to be in an alliance with their clans made for lower town halls. But it’s still a great feature and I hope SC adds it

Made by, Be a Legend

While I was always pro for having a clan alliance feature built in to the game, perhaps why it is not a priority is the fact that how many clans would actually need/use it. SC rarely designs in game features for a small portion of the player base. I would guess most clans have a hard time to get more then 30-40 players let alone filling and operating a second clan.
    Level: 266 | TH13
    Highest Trophy Count:5608 | Donations: 1.63 million | Hero Levels: 220

Quote Originally Posted by Warios View Post
    While I was always pro for having a clan alliance feature built in to the game, perhaps why it is not a priority is the fact that how many clans would actually need/use it. SC rarely designs in game features for a small portion of the player base. I would guess most clans have a hard time to get more then 30-40 players let alone filling and operating a second clan.
    Although I agree to your points, the 2nd clan may not be the player's other clan. I rarely join clans by people I know,and hence many clans will join alliances they don't know, unless they find the perfect alliance for them.

Made by, Be a Legend

The question is not whether clan alliance functionality would be good. I totally agree it would.

The question is whether it is necessary to improve the recruiting tool. I do not believe it is and we should not wait for it. All that would be necessary, as an interim easy step, would be to expand the "friend" exception for invites when the "Clan Invites" button is set to red to include also invites from any clan that is bookmarked. Just as you can receive invites from "friends" even when invites are turned off, you could also receive invites from bookmarked clans. That way players would be able to move about in alliances, but would not need to be included in the recruiting pool when they have no intention of ever accepting invites from outside of their alliance. This would then remove these names from the recruiting list and improve the success rate of invites sent.

This would not require the creation of any new function. It would not reduce the effectiveness of any current function. It would simply allow players that do not want to be spammed with recruiting invites to opt out of that system while still being able to move about within their alliance as they do now.

Fresh Spawn
    Quote Originally Posted by SumoSloth View Post
    While I don't disagree that it's frustrating to have mostly people who are in clans on your recruitment list, just how many people do you think are out there that are clanless?? And what are the chances that someone who is is clanless is active enough or levelled up high enough to actually be recruited to your clan??

While I've been as frustrated as anyone with the recruitment system, to the point that I've given up trying. I also am seeing a user issue with the expectations. There isn't this magical massive pool of max th13s or even well developed ones who don't already reside in a clan. If there was, you could expect that millions of clans would set that as their exclusive parameters, ultimately that's not helpful for anyone.

The big thing that's missing is the ability to communicate, global being the cesspool that it was, was a place where people could observe others chatting and build friendships from other clans. There were multiple times there where people who were in other clans but dissatisfied would come over and check out your clan if they got along with you on global. If I was leaving my clan because I wasn't happy with things, the first place I'd go is global to find a reasonable person to chat with and then join to check out if the rest of there clan was the same. All of my current clan members with the exception of 1 came from that process many moons ago.

My point being, I'm not sure that there is anything this recruiting tool can do to make us satisfied with it if our expectations of it are always going to be unrealistic. Not having global killed that ability to filter out players we don't want. Since that's changed and it's not changing back, maybe we all need to change our expectations of what we expect from people joining our clans.
    This is 100% correct, however, Supercell have found that cesspool to not be worth it in terms of filtering out the trash, thus we're left with this ridiculous system

Forum Superstar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff1784 View Post
    This is 100% correct, however, Supercell have found that cesspool to not be worth it in terms of filtering out the trash, thus we're left with this ridiculous system
    I would put the blame not on SC but on the trash in the cesspool that caused it. Both SC and the playerbase are the victims here, the trash were the perpetrators.

I’m not jazzed with the recruiting tool either but if we are playing the blame game, let’s assign it rightly.
    Last edited by Tosti111; March 4th, 2021 at 09:09 PM.
    OP Defense: Any defense the poster doest’t like or know how to work around, nullifies their attack or denies them their rightful three star.

Quote Originally Posted by Warios View Post
    I agree this is likely one of the things SC is considering. However, having 50+ players is only one reason to have a second clan and probably wouldn't even be the most popular reason. I really hope SC isn't looking at those numbers to decide whether it is worth adding this feature. My clan currently has 48, but we'd create a sister clan if this option was added. We would put lower accounts into it for CWL. Now we have twice as many players enjoying CWL and CWL has another clan added, which is good for all clans in CWL. We'd also use it for players who aren't as serious about war but want to be in classic wars. It would be a bit of a testing ground, war with a hero down, war even if you're rushed, etc. I think things like this would be the most common use of an ability to link two clans together. There are currently clan "families" that also would make use of it, but I agree with you, there are relatively few of those.

Contact SC here. Click here for how trophies are calculated. Click here to see how war map placement of max halls is determined. An idea to improve legends here. I wish max players had a separate loot bank as described here. Caution, I often discuss for the sake of discussion and enjoy having my opinion challenged (or approved of) even when I care little about the actual issue. My balance wish: get rid of tornado trap, make it a decoration.

Quote Originally Posted by 2222 View Post
    I agree this is likely one of the things SC is considering. However, having 50+ players is only one reason to have a second clan and probably wouldn't even be the most popular reason. I really hope SC isn't looking at those numbers to decide whether it is worth adding this feature. My clan currently has 48, but we'd create a sister clan if this option was added. We would put lower accounts into it for CWL. Now we have twice as many players enjoying CWL and CWL has another clan added, which is good for all clans in CWL. We'd also use it for players who aren't as serious about war but want to be in classic wars. It would be a bit of a testing ground, war with a hero down, war even if you're rushed, etc. I think things like this would be the most common use of an ability to link two clans together. There are currently clan "families" that also would make use of it, but I agree with you, there are relatively few of those.
    I agree, we too would make use of a sister clan for our lower accounts to do cwl. We already do this, but it's a tedious job every time we have to shift people over which is why some months we don't even bother. What would make it even more tedious is having to reset our ability to receive invites constantly.

I saw Darian's quote regarding clan alliances, but to me this just epitomizes a lot of the lame excuses we hear for not implementing useful features or fixing existing ones (ie. the recruiting system), "we can't do it perfectly so we just won't do it at all." I think far more people than they might think would make use of this function. It would also be a huge benefit for seeing if a clan fits for a merger which helps immensely for recruiting purposes as well. Even something as simple as creating an ability to move freely between those clans without losing donations or status in a clan alliance (sister clan) and having a combined chat between those clans solves a lot of issues.
    Last edited by SumoSloth; March 5th, 2021 at 04:20 PM.
    Signature provided by Terminus Prime

Pro Member
    I think I recall chat between clans is already ruled out. Moving between clans would however be nice. I think if they would allow a "sister" clan or 2 that if you were promoted to the same level, Co or elder, in all clans you could freely move would at least serve the same purpose. Maybe allow the Leader to also pull a member from the sister clan to fill a war roster even with member not on line.

I do think limiting the number of linked clans would avoid the global issues. And not allowing chain links going to other groups. I think 3 would be plenty.

Millennial Club
    My thoughts and experience on the current state of recruitment. Which may already have been covered in the previous 30 pages, in which case consider my +1 vote.

Recruiting is a lengthy chore that prevents me from playing the game itself. As a closed clan that is not full, we need to actively recruit to grow/maintain numbers. I have found that to achieve any sort of viable results I have to recruit by volume. It is not feasible to spend minutes reviewing each player's profile and base. All that time adds up and more often than not wasted.

Players who are actively looking for a clan should also actively have to opt in again after a period of time has passed. This would remove those who have stopped playing the game from the pool or those who have joined new clans and are happy. I do not understand Darian's counter-argument that it should just be on like a spam folder. Our invites are spam?

Players struggle enough as it is keeping their war shield updated red or green - why does Supercell think they will update their labels? I've lost count the number people who have the clan war label on and yet they come into the clan and say they dont like / want to war. Labels are a 'one and done' activity on which we are supposed to based our search controls on...?

I understand the logic for show players already in clans. However I would like control on whether i see these players in the results whether through a toggle or something as i may make the choice to not actively poach players.

I make a decision to send an invite based on what i can see quickly. On a phone, this is hero levels only on their profile due to screen size. On a tablet the screen spaces extends to their troop level. In both cases i need to perform more actions to see either the rest of their profile or see what their base looks like. Again, not time efficient.

There needs to be more clarity on what the algorithm take as inputs for learning? What is classed as positive/negative reinforcement? Obviously I'm not looking for the ins and outs of the whole thing but I would like to know if my actions are screwing it up to give me bad results.

From a recent Q&A, Darian said the algorithm tries to learn the language of the clan in attempts to address the issue of people joining and not speaking the same language. If I invite someone who doesn't speak the same language and they accept and comes into the clan, is that a tick in the box for the algorithm. It could be argued that it's done it's job and got someone in the clan. But perhaps if that same person starts talking in a different language to me and i'm asking them to speak English say, and they keep talking in their own language then does the algorithm pick this up as a language we use in the clan and so will send me results of more players with that language? Is this exacerbated when people join and chat in their own language when no elder / co is on to kick them?

Does it take into account how long a new joiner stays?

Does the situation where we might speak the same language but part ways soon after count as a positive, or a negative if at all? Which leads me to my next observation, do people that leave/get kicked join back into the results pool that i see? There is no way for me tell other than their player tag. We all know there's many 'You's out there but is it the same one you just kicked for good reason? Can they please be excluded from the results. It should be clear that either i dont want them in my clan or they don't want to be in my clan so why harass them with another invite and waste my time. If they were kicked by accident then i can always re-invite from chat.

Another point Darian mentioned was how small the pool of recruit-able players there are. That is just facts. Don't supplement the search results with noise. I would much rather have genuine leads to invite players than have to trawl through volumes of inactive players who haven't logged on in years. Does Supercell think we'll just end up complaining how there are no results or that its the same people that keep popping? But if that's the true state then that's the true state. I might be unlucky in sending out new invites that day but at least i haven't wasted a portion of time sending invites that go nowhere.

My clan is mixed townhalls. Not everyone is wanting to recruit the top townhalls. A max townhall option would be appreciated.

Finally, when people receive an invite all they get is the person who invited them and the clan name / level. Yes there is a functionality for people to 'view the clan' but how many people actually do? The majority of people coming into a clan don't. Otherwise they'd know what language is likely being used in the clan from their clan description.

TL: DR... Recruiting takes too long to successfully do. Would much rather have better quality of results rather than quantity. The algorithm is learning, but not learning fast enough. How can we help it learn if we don't know what it is taking as 'learnings'.
    Last edited by RageOut; March 5th, 2021 at 06:10 PM.
    Clan: Rage Out!
    War and farm. That's what we do.

If you can't find us in search, look up 'Rage Out'. We're ones with the purple shield.