Page 28 of 40 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Recruitment Tool Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Prince1999 View Post
    There seems to be a lot of attention on the idea of "fixing" the badge/labels system. To me, this seems like a waste of time. The labels are not tied to metrics. They were never intended to be. They are a statement of what a specific player believes they enjoy about the game. As such, they have a use and do not need to be "fixed".
    That's true for some of the labels such as "I want to war" or "I want to be in CWL." That isn't true for other labels, such as the ones that claim being active daily when they simply aren't, claim to be good donators when they are not (I suppose one could argue they are saying "now" they will be lol).

Quote Originally Posted by Prince1999 View Post
    I see the problem here as one of scale. Many of the people with invites on is purely so that they can move between clans in a clan family. They are happy in their family and do not even look at invites from outside. There needs to be a way to accept invites, and a separate button that says they are looking for a new clan and would like recruiting invites.
    If that were added, they might as well go a step farther and let players filter/narrow who they want invites from as I've requested. That could be just limited to certain clans. It could be limited to clan levels, or CWL league or war wins or whatever. The list of filters should be long but distinguished (props to whomever knows that reference without google).

Quote Originally Posted by Tosti111 View Post
    2222, I agree that both sides are at issue. However given that I have sent out at least 100 invites now to TH12/13 folks and my clan is lev 21 with 45+ members and we are in M2 with donates of many of our members over 20k each month, a strong war record and war constantly and have not recieved even ONE new member I would come to the conclusion that all 100 invites were to folks who didnt want to leave their existing clan and should have set their invites to off. For me, this is far more likely than all 100 looked at my clan and thought it was a bad fit. It creates an impression, warranted or otherwise, that I am being offerred folks that have no interest in leaving their existing clan and that I am wasting my valuable time by trying to use the tool. Speaking of tools, this is theequivalent of needing a hammer but being given a saw, a waste of my time.
    I agree with you it is a problem. Prince raises a very good point that many may just want to be able to hop back and forth between a small number of clans. I like the idea of a separate button, or even better, the ability to set what clans I want invites from.

Contact SC here. Click here for how trophies are calculated. Click here to see how war map placement of max halls is determined. An idea to improve legends here. I wish max players had a separate loot bank as described here. Caution, I often discuss for the sake of discussion and enjoy having my opinion challenged (or approved of) even when I care little about the actual issue. My balance wish: get rid of tornado trap, make it a decoration.

Forum Superstar
    Quote Originally Posted by 2222 View Post
    That's true for some of the labels such as "I want to war" or "I want to be in CWL." That isn't true for other labels, such as the ones that claim being active daily when they simply aren't, claim to be good donators when they are not (I suppose one could argue they are saying "now" they will be lol).

If that were added, they might as well go a step farther and let players filter/narrow who they want invites from as I've requested. That could be just limited to certain clans. It could be limited to clan levels, or CWL league or war wins or whatever. The list of filters should be long but distinguished (props to whomever knows that reference without google).

I agree with you it is a problem. Prince raises a very good point that many may just want to be able to hop back and forth between a small number of clans. I like the idea of a separate button, or even better, the ability to set what clans I want invites from.
    Your last paragraph has one thing I would add. It is great to set your profile so you only get invites from clans of a certain type but additionally I, as a recruiter, should not even see your profile in the first place if my clan doesn’t fit your requirements. There is no need to show me your profile, have me look into your stats, development etc., then decide I want to invite you and THEN tell me that you are unavailable to be invited. Order of operations really has an impact here.
    OP Defense: Any defense the poster doest’t like or know how to work around, nullifies their attack or denies them their rightful three star.

I had posted my ideas earlier on in this thread and have been following it daily. It got me thinking about the 2 clans I have had a hand in building since day 1 of clan levels.

Once each clan got to the point of having mostly top town hall levels in them, and this has been since th10 was the top, we always had attrition.

There was always that 10% who were short termers, those who bounced around clans staying here and there for a week or three, or just were not a good fit and left with a mutual agreement. Doubt I kicked out more then a handful of people from my last clan over the last 2 years.
    Then there are about 5% who were long timers who just wanted a change or over a disagreement with something that happened. Another 10% seem to end up with either RL friends, or back to an old clan because they no longer had the interest in either war or playing regularly, can call these semi retired.
    Leaves us with 75% and these are the players who actually stop playing.

You can have all the filters in the world to search , but most established clans are successful because of the core of the existing loyal players. I belive the number of players that fit the mold of what established clans are looking for is extremely limited, since they have no reason to leave where they are, and the majority of of the ones who do leave clans will no longer be a fit for what clans are looking for (activity) since their play time is decreasing or non existent

There are quite a few clan leaders here with successful clans what I ask is how much of your attrition is due to players just retiring from the game or just dont have the time to be an active member anymore?
    Level: 266 | TH13
    Highest Trophy Count:5608 | Donations: 1.63 million | Hero Levels: 220

Quote Originally Posted by Warios View Post
    I had posted my ideas earlier on in this thread and have been following it daily. It got me thinking about the 2 clans I have had a hand in building since day 1 of clan levels.

Once each clan got to the point of having mostly top town hall levels in them, and this has been since th10 was the top, we always had attrition.

There was always that 10% who were short termers, those who bounced around clans staying here and there for a week or three, or just were not a good fit and left with a mutual agreement. Doubt I kicked out more then a handful of people from my last clan over the last 2 years.
    Then there are about 5% who were long timers who just wanted a change or over a disagreement with something that happened. Another 10% seem to end up with either RL friends, or back to an old clan because they no longer had the interest in either war or playing regularly, can call these semi retired.

You can have all the filters in the world to search , but most established clans are successful because of the core of the existing loyal players. I belive the number of players that fit the mold of what established clans are looking for is extremely limited, since they have no reason to leave where they are, and the majority of of the ones who do leave clans will no longer be a fit for what clans are looking for (activity) since their play time is decreasing or non existent

There are quite a few clan leaders here with successful clans what I ask is how much of your attrition is due to players just retiring from the game or just dont have the time to be an active member anymore?
    Most of our attrition is cycling through New players trying to fill our few open spots. People either fit and stay a long time or don't and leave. H9wever, of our current 48, 4 of us are from when I joined the clan as an 8. Many, many players have just retired or faded away. I'm still holding 2 inactive accounts from a good player who wanted to take a break. If he doesn't return soon I'll have to let go. Personally, I dont know that I'll ever use the tool. It doesn't offer the screening I can do here on the forum and I dont really need that many. Maybe 1 or 2 a month.
    sig by dharmaraj in sig shop
    Clan: MN ICE #8UCRP8CL
    IGN: Piper139 #2PQQR9Q22

Quote Originally Posted by Tosti111 View Post
    Your last paragraph has one thing I would add. It is great to set your profile so you only get invites from clans of a certain type but additionally I, as a recruiter, should not even see your profile in the first place if my clan doesn’t fit your requirements. There is no need to show me your profile, have me look into your stats, development etc., then decide I want to invite you and THEN tell me that you are unavailable to be invited. Order of operations really has an impact here.
    Yep, I agree, that is almost the whole reason why I want to have players be able to set their own filters regarding which clans can invite them. It is a waste of time for clans searching for players to see players in their search results that have no interest in joining their clan. The secondary reason is for the player himself to not get invites he has no interest in, but that is not as big of an issue.

I've only been in one clan. We usually keep it at 49 so there is an open space. We keep our clan closed other than a few days before CWL when we take a 2-3 day war break. There usually are several players that have gone inactive that we can kick out if we fill that spot. They typically get an invite to return if they start playing again, and many do (one of the main reasons we keep that open space). The filters would sure save me a lot of time in searching for players to invite to fill the few spots to replace those players that went inactive due to retiring from the game, or taking a break, etc.

Contact SC here. Click here for how trophies are calculated. Click here to see how war map placement of max halls is determined. An idea to improve legends here. I wish max players had a separate loot bank as described here. Caution, I often discuss for the sake of discussion and enjoy having my opinion challenged (or approved of) even when I care little about the actual issue. My balance wish: get rid of tornado trap, make it a decoration.

Quote Originally Posted by Piper139 View Post
    Most of our attrition is cycling through New players trying to fill our few open spots. People either fit and stay a long time or don't and leave. H9wever, of our current 48, 4 of us are from when I joined the clan as an 8. Many, many players have just retired or faded away. I'm still holding 2 inactive accounts from a good player who wanted to take a break. If he doesn't return soon I'll have to let go. Personally, I dont know that I'll ever use the tool. It doesn't offer the screening I can do here on the forum and I dont really need that many. Maybe 1 or 2 a month.
    Maybe I didn't word it correctly, it's those 5 slots of 50 in a clan that is the revolving door, the other 40-45 are the core (6 + month members). Of those players who make up the revolving door you might find 1 of 25 that actually can/will fit in, and that's a generous ratio.
    Level: 266 | TH13
    Highest Trophy Count:5608 | Donations: 1.63 million | Hero Levels: 220

Maybe I didn't word it correctly, it's those 5 slots of 50 in a clan that is the revolving door, the other 40-45 are the core (6 + month members). Of those players who make up the revolving door you might find 1 of 25 that actually can/will fit in, and that's a generous ratio.
    That accurately describes our situation.
    sig by dharmaraj in sig shop
    Clan: MN ICE #8UCRP8CL
    IGN: Piper139 #2PQQR9Q22

Agreed and you'll only find 1 of 50 that will accept the invite and give it a try, and that is with looking at each player's profile closely to determine whether you even want to give them a chance before you send the invite. That is why the tool often feels like a waste of time.

Quote Originally Posted by 2222 View Post
    Yep, I agree, that is almost the whole reason why I want to have players be able to set their own filters regarding which clans can invite them. It is a waste of time for clans searching for players to see players in their search results that have no interest in joining their clan. The secondary reason is for the player himself to not get invites he has no interest in, but that is not as big of an issue.
    This works only if they simultaneously introduce a system for moving between clan alliances or sister clans. Without it we run into the same problem where I have my invites set to accept, and my requirements are very low (because we hop back and forth during CWL) yet I have no intention of joining another clan and I would likely show up on everyone's radar. So while I agree with you wholeheartedly that it would be so much better, this problem would need to be accounted for to make it truly functional.
    Signature provided by Terminus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by SumoSloth View Post
    This works only if they simultaneously introduce a system for moving between clan alliances or sister clans. Without it we run into the same problem where I have my invites set to accept, and my requirements are very low (because we hop back and forth during CWL) yet I have no intention of joining another clan and I would likely show up on everyone's radar. So while I agree with you wholeheartedly that it would be so much better, this problem would need to be accounted for to make it truly functional.
    Wholeheartedly agreed ... we have people hopping back and forth through several of our clans, and they all have their invites on 'green' to make things a bit better (hopping when nobody else in one of the clans is online, so when someone goes, someone else sends an invite right away so they can hop back whenever they want without waiting)