Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 20282930

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Recruitment Tool Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by vansimon View Post
    this is exactly what he said...
    Im not sure what people want as features from clan alliances but, cross clan chat and cross donates (without the need to swap clans) would be a great start to this, also needs the ability to move freely between clans without needing to be accepted, and players with elder/co would retain rank. Added functionality (like maybe Friendly Challenges) could come later.
    I guess the other question is the limit allowed within a family?
    Clan alliances will make it easier to chat to other members of your other clans, and make it easier for donating. Also, it will be easier to merge clan’s,since people already know each other’s.Although I don’t really like the ability to move freely between clans, as it will demotivate people to be in an alliance with their clans made for lower town halls. But it’s still a great feature and I hope SC adds it

Signature made by Be A Legend .Feel Free to check his surprise shop in the signature shop subforum.

While I was always pro for having a clan alliance feature built in to the game, perhaps why it is not a priority is the fact that how many clans would actually need/use it. SC rarely designs in game features for a small portion of the player base. I would guess most clans have a hard time to get more then 30-40 players let alone filling and operating a second clan.
    Level: 266 | TH13
    Highest Trophy Count:5608 | Donations: 1.63 million | Hero Levels: 220

Quote Originally Posted by Warios View Post
    While I was always pro for having a clan alliance feature built in to the game, perhaps why it is not a priority is the fact that how many clans would actually need/use it. SC rarely designs in game features for a small portion of the player base. I would guess most clans have a hard time to get more then 30-40 players let alone filling and operating a second clan.
    Although I agree to your points, the 2nd clan may not be the player's other clan. I rarely join clans by people I know,and hence many clans will join alliances they don't know, unless they find the perfect alliance for them.

Signature made by Be A Legend .Feel Free to check his surprise shop in the signature shop subforum.

The question is not whether clan alliance functionality would be good. I totally agree it would.

The question is whether it is necessary to improve the recruiting tool. I do not believe it is and we should not wait for it. All that would be necessary, as an interim easy step, would be to expand the "friend" exception for invites when the "Clan Invites" button is set to red to include also invites from any clan that is bookmarked. Just as you can receive invites from "friends" even when invites are turned off, you could also receive invites from bookmarked clans. That way players would be able to move about in alliances, but would not need to be included in the recruiting pool when they have no intention of ever accepting invites from outside of their alliance. This would then remove these names from the recruiting list and improve the success rate of invites sent.

This would not require the creation of any new function. It would not reduce the effectiveness of any current function. It would simply allow players that do not want to be spammed with recruiting invites to opt out of that system while still being able to move about within their alliance as they do now.

Fresh Spawn
    Quote Originally Posted by SumoSloth View Post
    While I don't disagree that it's frustrating to have mostly people who are in clans on your recruitment list, just how many people do you think are out there that are clanless?? And what are the chances that someone who is is clanless is active enough or levelled up high enough to actually be recruited to your clan??

While I've been as frustrated as anyone with the recruitment system, to the point that I've given up trying. I also am seeing a user issue with the expectations. There isn't this magical massive pool of max th13s or even well developed ones who don't already reside in a clan. If there was, you could expect that millions of clans would set that as their exclusive parameters, ultimately that's not helpful for anyone.

The big thing that's missing is the ability to communicate, global being the cesspool that it was, was a place where people could observe others chatting and build friendships from other clans. There were multiple times there where people who were in other clans but dissatisfied would come over and check out your clan if they got along with you on global. If I was leaving my clan because I wasn't happy with things, the first place I'd go is global to find a reasonable person to chat with and then join to check out if the rest of there clan was the same. All of my current clan members with the exception of 1 came from that process many moons ago.

My point being, I'm not sure that there is anything this recruiting tool can do to make us satisfied with it if our expectations of it are always going to be unrealistic. Not having global killed that ability to filter out players we don't want. Since that's changed and it's not changing back, maybe we all need to change our expectations of what we expect from people joining our clans.
    This is 100% correct, however, Supercell have found that cesspool to not be worth it in terms of filtering out the trash, thus we're left with this ridiculous system

Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff1784 View Post
    This is 100% correct, however, Supercell have found that cesspool to not be worth it in terms of filtering out the trash, thus we're left with this ridiculous system
    I would put the blame not on SC but on the trash in the cesspool that caused it. Both SC and the playerbase are the victims here, the trash were the perpetrators.

I’m not jazzed with the recruiting tool either but if we are playing the blame game, let’s assign it rightly.
    Last edited by Tosti111; 13 Hours Ago at 09:09 PM.
    OP Defense: Any defense the poster doestít like or know how to work around, nullifies their attack or denies them their rightful three star.