Page 29 of 40 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Recruitment Tool Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by SumoSloth View Post
    Creating Clan alliances or a sister clans function would solve a lot of that issue.
    Do I want clan family functionality? Absolutely! However, what I gather from SC is that they consider it to be too hard and have largely written it off. With that in mind, I think that an acceptable interim step would be to allow invites from bookmarked clans.

At present, all invites from friends come through regardless of how the "Clan Invites" button is set. If that were simply expanded so that any invites from a bookmarked clan would come through also, then people with no desire to change clans could set their invites to off and be removed from the recruiting pool also. That would save a ton of time and wasted invites.

2.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #282
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince1999 View Post
    Do I want clan family functionality? Absolutely! However, what I gather from SC is that they consider it to be too hard and have largely written it off. With that in mind, I think that an acceptable interim step would be to allow invites from bookmarked clans.
    I'd be interested to know where you have "gathered" that from.

I've never seen anything more than "it is something we are considering" or similar words.

Quote Originally Posted by SumoSloth View Post
    This works only if they simultaneously introduce a system for moving between clan alliances or sister clans. Without it we run into the same problem where I have my invites set to accept, and my requirements are very low (because we hop back and forth during CWL) yet I have no intention of joining another clan and I would likely show up on everyone's radar. So while I agree with you wholeheartedly that it would be so much better, this problem would need to be accounted for to make it truly functional.
    Not if one of those filters allows you to designate certain clans you want to accept invites from.

If not, then we still have the partial problem we have now, yet it would be an improvement anyway. Even if we could only filter by clan level, etc. and not by particular clan, it would be an improvement. It wouldn't stop the players that are going between clan alliances from showing up on search results, but it would eliminate some players that have no interest from showing up there.

I think the recruiting tool team would be wise to not let the pursuit of perfection get in the way of improvement.

Contact SC here. Click here for how trophies are calculated. Click here to see how war map placement of max halls is determined. An idea to improve legends here. I wish max players had a separate loot bank as described here. Caution, I often discuss for the sake of discussion and enjoy having my opinion challenged (or approved of) even when I care little about the actual issue. My balance wish: get rid of tornado trap, make it a decoration.

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    I'd be interested to know where you have "gathered" that from.

I've never seen anything more than "it is something we are considering" or similar words.
    The direct quote was: " isn't worth reprogramming the multiplayer functionality of the game." Yes, he used other flowery words around it. Yes, I am sure it is something they might talk about from time to time. No, I do not expect to see it any time soon. The point is, until they decide on additional functionality that could be included, and then decide if that would enhance the game enough to be worth the effort, they are not going to do it.

5.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #285
    The direct quote was: " isn't worth reprogramming the multiplayer functionality of the game." Yes, he used other flowery words around it. Yes, I am sure it is something they might talk about from time to time. No, I do not expect to see it any time soon. The point is, until they decide on additional functionality that could be included, and then decide if that would enhance the game enough to be worth the effort, they are not going to do it.
    Since they wouldn't be reprogramming the multiplayer functionality, I have no idea what it was they were talking about at that point, but it almost certainly wasn't clan alliances.

Since they wouldn't be reprogramming the multiplayer functionality, I have no idea what it was they were talking about at that point, but it almost certainly wasn't clan alliances.
    I'll help a little here. The last interview, Darian roughly implied that an alliance feature alone wasn't worth reprogramming the clan functionality. Thaey want there to be some sort of larger reason to do it other than chat and donation benefits.

I dont agree with Prince's interpretation that its written off and just made to sound like a nicer no.
    Last edited by chased123456; March 4th, 2021 at 01:01 AM.

Twice now you have questioned this. I would prefer to discuss the actual topic of my comment, regarding allowing invites from bookmarked clans so that the recruitment feed is not clogged with invalid results. But, here is the quote from the AMA:
    "When we work on a new update, we have to prioritize what new features we're implementing and any additional content must thematically feel appropriate or can be fit in resource-wise (meaning time). Creating a Clan alliance feature should be more than just being able to cross chat and donate troops. That alone isn't worth reprogramming the multiplayer functionality of the game. An alliance system has to be meaningful in order to be something the players enjoy. But what that is, we still have yet to decide."

Fresh Spawn
    I'd love to see these filters added...

Language. Set up a feature in the users profile where they can select the language(s) they speak. Then add a search filter to also search for specific language(s). This way clans can find users without a language barrier and also users who speak multiple languages aren't limited to just one.

Base weight/percentage completed/strength... however it's established in war. We should be able to search for strong bases. This may also incentivize players to play the game the way it was intended and not rush it.

Activity level. Some sort of activity percentage for the season. We have the filter "active daily" but some of these users are unranked and haven't won any attacks... showing that they're not active. Some sort of algorithm similar to credit scores. The more on time payments, the higher the score. If you miss a payment, it decreases, then slowly increases with good history and old missed payments hurt less. So if a person is active every day for the season, they have a higher percentage. I'd like to see this percentage somewhere by their name so we dont have to go into each individual profile. And of course, search for a minimum percentage.

Millennial Club
    Twice now you have questioned this. I would prefer to discuss the actual topic of my comment, regarding allowing invites from bookmarked clans so that the recruitment feed is not clogged with invalid results. But, here is the quote from the AMA:
    "When we work on a new update, we have to prioritize what new features we're implementing and any additional content must thematically feel appropriate or can be fit in resource-wise (meaning time). Creating a Clan alliance feature should be more than just being able to cross chat and donate troops. That alone isn't worth reprogramming the multiplayer functionality of the game. An alliance system has to be meaningful in order to be something the players enjoy. But what that is, we still have yet to decide."
    this is exactly what he said...
    Im not sure what people want as features from clan alliances but, cross clan chat and cross donates (without the need to swap clans) would be a great start to this, also needs the ability to move freely between clans without needing to be accepted, and players with elder/co would retain rank. Added functionality (like maybe Friendly Challenges) could come later.
    I guess the other question is the limit allowed within a family?

Clan:
    ClashAustralia! | Clan ID: #P0QG0C8J | IGN: VanSim | Discord: VanSim#7997
    Clan Lvl: 17 CWL: Masters Clan Formed: 16/03/2015
    TH: TH12 | AQ: L65 | BK: 65 | GW 40 | Max Trophies: 4500+
    TH: TH12 | AQ: L65 | BK: 65 | GW 40 | Max Trophies: 3800+
    TH: TH13 | AQ: L75 | BK: 75 | GW 50 | RC: 25 | Max Trophies: 5500+

Quote Originally Posted by vansimon View Post
    this is exactly what he said...
    Im not sure what people want as features from clan alliances but, cross clan chat and cross donates (without the need to swap clans) would be a great start to this, also needs the ability to move freely between clans without needing to be accepted, and players with elder/co would retain rank. Added functionality (like maybe Friendly Challenges) could come later.
    I guess the other question is the limit allowed within a family?
    I think you pretty much nailed it. A second "family" chat tab (like how we used to have global chat tab) where we could also donate (that handles the chatting and donations) would be great. Free movement between the clans without losing clan rank (optional setting) or season donations would be an extra bonus. I think a change like this would give a nice boost to CWL too. There are many clans out there who have players sitting on the bench not taking part and they would start a new clan linked to their main clan to get 15 more players involved in CWL.

Contact SC here. Click here for how trophies are calculated. Click here to see how war map placement of max halls is determined. An idea to improve legends here. I wish max players had a separate loot bank as described here. Caution, I often discuss for the sake of discussion and enjoy having my opinion challenged (or approved of) even when I care little about the actual issue. My balance wish: get rid of tornado trap, make it a decoration.