Page 1 of 40 12311 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Recruitment Tool Discussion Thread

1.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #1

Recruitment Tool Discussion Thread

Hey Clashers,

I recently had a chat with the Clash team about general dissatisfaction that many have with the recruitment tool. Although there have been numerous changes and improvements behind the scenes, as I've said before one of the things the recruitment tool suffers from is a lack of transparency. What I mean by lack of transparency is that when you don't get the results you want from it then it should be easier to understand why you're not getting those results and it's understandable why that can be frustrating.

The purpose of this thread is to gather very specific feedback about your experiences and how it doesn't work for you. One of the problems we've had in discussing the issue is that most of the time the feedback we receive is "the tool sucks, fix it" or "I'm not getting any results from the tool" without specifying what kind of search was performed, what parameters, etc.

The goal of this thread is to gather feedback the Clash team can put together and present to the team that makes the tool with actionable items and a clear idea of what they can do to help improve the experience.

So what kind of feedback are we looking for? That is a bit more of a nebulous question. What is really helpful is to be as specific as possible, like what kind of search you performed, what parameters, what results, how old your Clan is. If we see a reply that is specific but more information is needed, I'll make sure to reply to it asking for further clarification.

Looking forward to seeing everyone's feedback.
    AKA Tank Puppy
    https://twitter.com/Devourlick

If you have account-related questions like account bans or Supercell ID issues, please contact Player Support at this link. Please note that Community Managers and Forum Moderators are unable to assist or answer any account-related questions.

Current recruitment system lacks 1to1 communication which was possible on Global.Most of the time someone is short listed using the tool, simply inviting them is of no use they hardly join the clan.

The recruitment tool is pretty good for searching clans and joining. But the problem is in recruitment of members for your clan, it searches members that are already in a clan and some high level players that doesn't join the clan if invited. Mostly th12 and th13.
    Last edited by SpiDeY; January 27th, 2021 at 04:22 PM.

Language, age, location of player is important to know. We need to be able to know something about who we are inviting before just letting them into our clan. This is something that global provided that this garbage does not.
    another useful tool would be an option to direct people to discord first. For example, if we see someone we may want in our clan based on their profile; send a prefab message directing them to read the clan description. Then you can at least direct them to discord where you can talk to them.
    Leader: BurntCreativity - Level 20 War Clan
    BurntInitiative - Level 10 Feeder Clan
    🔥Charred to Greatness🔥
    Discord: http://Tinyurl.com/discordbc

Quote Originally Posted by ESCANOR0803 View Post
    Current recruitment system lacks 1to1 communication which was possible on Global.Most of the time someone is short listed using the tool, simply inviting them is of no use they hardly join the clan.
    Exactly this. The main failing of the tool is communication
    Leader: BurntCreativity - Level 20 War Clan
    BurntInitiative - Level 10 Feeder Clan
    🔥Charred to Greatness🔥
    Discord: http://Tinyurl.com/discordbc

Forum Superstar
    Clan level 21, 30+ TH13s many maxed, rest 12s with a smattering of minis. The clan is obviously 7+ years old.

i ran a search less than an hour ago and got the following with clan filters to English and TH12/13 and once in the tool, filtered on c
    Clan wars and Clan war league (thinking they would be the most popular selected):

60 results returned - 53 were in clans and 7 were clanless. Good news, all were either TH12 or TH13.
    Of the 7, five had names that were obviously not english.
    The two remaining both were debatably english and were too underdeveloped for us.

We shouldnt see 90% of the results already being in a clan, most folks aren’t poachers and we have no idea if the prospect even WANTS to bail on their present clan.

English filter is obviously not working.

Edit: just learned that anyone already in a clan has actually set themselves to see invites. This makes more of the 53 I eliminated available for invite. English still a problem however. Will try again and see how it goes.
    Last edited by Tosti111; January 27th, 2021 at 04:38 PM.
    OP Defense: Any defense the poster doest’t like or know how to work around, nullifies their attack or denies them their rightful three star.

When searching for a clan, we need to have more filters. One filter than I can think of is the clan league level.

A player usually knows which league are they suitable for when they are looking for a clan for CWL, and it would be great to see only those clans on search to select a clan to apply to join.
    IGN: czar, TH:14, BH:9
    exp: 240 ,War stars: 3,000+, Donations: 600,000+

I think a few options that can be toggled on would be a great help.

1: Language, use the current ingame settings that a player uses for the interface, if they have French or German selected, good chance they are somewhat fluent in it.

2: Option to search only players not in a clan.

3: Minimum base weight, already in the games data base.

4: Search by TH level

5: Have some sort of return receipt that your invitation was declined/read.

6: minimum experience level, if you are looking for th13's for your champs clan, an account with a 150 experience level probably won't fit in.

While a 1:1 conversation would be optimal, I am guessing this would fall under the same situation as why global was removed, and not an option.

Have more swirling around in my head, will add as they become clear.
    Last edited by Warios; January 27th, 2021 at 04:38 PM.
    Level: 266 | TH13
    Highest Trophy Count:5608 | Donations: 1.63 million | Hero Levels: 220

Quote Originally Posted by Tosti111 View Post
    Clan level 21, 30+ TH13s many maxed, rest 12s with a smattering of minis. The clan is obviously 7+ years old.

i ran a search less than an hour ago and got the following with clan filters to English and TH12/13 and once in the tool, filtered on c
    Clan wars and Clan war league (thinking they would be the most popular selected):

60 results returned - 53 were in clans and 7 were clanless. Good news, all were either TH12 or TH13.
    Of the 7, five had names that were obviously not english.
    The two remaining both were debatably english and were too underdeveloped for us.

We shouldnt see 90% of the results already being in a clan, most folks aren’t poachers and we have no idea if the prospect even WANTS to bail on their present clan.

English filter is obviously not working.
    While I don't disagree that it's frustrating to have mostly people who are in clans on your recruitment list, just how many people do you think are out there that are clanless?? And what are the chances that someone who is is clanless is active enough or levelled up high enough to actually be recruited to your clan??

While I've been as frustrated as anyone with the recruitment system, to the point that I've given up trying. I also am seeing a user issue with the expectations. There isn't this magical massive pool of max th13s or even well developed ones who don't already reside in a clan. If there was, you could expect that millions of clans would set that as their exclusive parameters, ultimately that's not helpful for anyone.

The big thing that's missing is the ability to communicate, global being the cesspool that it was, was a place where people could observe others chatting and build friendships from other clans. There were multiple times there where people who were in other clans but dissatisfied would come over and check out your clan if they got along with you on global. If I was leaving my clan because I wasn't happy with things, the first place I'd go is global to find a reasonable person to chat with and then join to check out if the rest of there clan was the same. All of my current clan members with the exception of 1 came from that process many moons ago.

My point being, I'm not sure that there is anything this recruiting tool can do to make us satisfied with it if our expectations of it are always going to be unrealistic. Not having global killed that ability to filter out players we don't want. Since that's changed and it's not changing back, maybe we all need to change our expectations of what we expect from people joining our clans.
    Signature provided by Terminus Prime

My opinion would be to start over and create a tool that allows for the use of filters, much like online shopping. Players who are too narrow with their filters wouldn't get results and they'd learn to widen their filters. I suspect that is not in the plans for the moment so:

As I stated on the other thread, one of the biggest problems as a clan leader searching for players is getting player results that don't speak the language of the clan. Also for some clans a player on a totally different time zone is not going to work out either. We have been told the tool learns based on the language spoken in our chat and I think the location of our players (not sure on that). My clan often has only players from USA/UK and occasionally has 1-2 others from a different country. The only language ever spoken in our clan is English. However, if I search for players my results are filled with players that are in clans that are not English speaking (I look at their clan description) and players who have names not written in English. That, of course, doesn't mean those players can't speak English, but it is disappointing to see those results when deciding who to send invites to. Even if no other filters are added, a player searching for a clan can use location as a filter, so it would be good if a clan searching for a player could use location as well (I understand why using language as a filter would be very problematic).

I disagree with the suggestions by some that we not be shown players that are in clans. The best players, in my opinion, are not sitting without a clan. They are in clans, donating, getting donations, taking part in clan games or wars, etc. I of course would support an optional filter to only see players in or out of clans, but that is because I would support adding as many filters as you can think of and leaving it to the person searching to decide whether it is important to them.

I like that we can sort of filter our search results by hall level based on the setting we have for our clan. I don't think that was original to the program. It was a big improvement.

Contact SC here. Click here for how trophies are calculated. Click here to see how war map placement of max halls is determined. An idea to improve legends here. I wish max players had a separate loot bank as described here. Caution, I often discuss for the sake of discussion and enjoy having my opinion challenged (or approved of) even when I care little about the actual issue. My balance wish: get rid of tornado trap, make it a decoration.