Page 27 of 40 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Recruitment Tool Discussion Thread

Instead of looking at this as some sort of specific game recruiting tool perhaps we need to see it as more of a “help wanted” board. Something akin to “Players looking for a Clan” and “Clans looking for a Player”. A player or a clan can register on the appropriate board and be considered for a period on 48 hours. After 48 hours the player or clan is removed from the board. If I’m in a clan looking for more members I go to the “Players looking for a Clan” board and can set filters based on the already existing player profile. I could select 1, 2, or 3 stars on release the beast or shattered and scattered as well as minimum donations, war stars, wins etc. Language would also be included. A players search for a clan would be similar based on the current tags as well as the clan’s profile whether that be minimum th level, war wins, etc. So no new data collection is needed as that info is already there. What would be needed is a filter tool. The 48 hour limit would get back to those actively searching.

2.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #262
    Quote Originally Posted by 4wynds View Post
    Instead of looking at this as some sort of specific game recruiting tool perhaps we need to see it as more of a “help wanted” board. Something akin to “Players looking for a Clan” and “Clans looking for a Player”. A player or a clan can register on the appropriate board and be considered for a period on 48 hours. After 48 hours the player or clan is removed from the board. If I’m in a clan looking for more members I go to the “Players looking for a Clan” board and can set filters based on the already existing player profile. I could select 1, 2, or 3 stars on release the beast or shattered and scattered as well as minimum donations, war stars, wins etc. Language would also be included. A players search for a clan would be similar based on the current tags as well as the clan’s profile whether that be minimum th level, war wins, etc. So no new data collection is needed as that info is already there. What would be needed is a filter tool. The 48 hour limit would get back to those actively searching.
    Bullet point 7: https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...5#post12752915
    AKA Tank Puppy
    https://twitter.com/Devourlick

If you have account-related questions like account bans or Supercell ID issues, please contact Player Support at this link. Please note that Community Managers and Forum Moderators are unable to assist or answer any account-related questions.

Forum Superstar
    I understand from a data mining perspective how too many filters can eat up processing time quite quickly. So how about we add one more badge selectable by the player: “Looking for a Clan”. It could be made as a time dependent selection ie. once selected, it is only valid for some period of time, perhaps 2 weeks or a month.

That would eliminate all those who are not looking and at least narrow the search down considerably and would ensure that the players seen on the list are viable and recently active. They may still be a bad fit but at least you know they are interested in joining SOME clan and the person searching for members isnt looking at a list where they have no idea if anyone on it actually wants to join. We can make it a non-viewable selection so it doesnt appear in a players profile so his existing clanmates cannot see it.

Right now, it feels as if I am a hiring manager and I have been given the phone book to look for potential employees rather than being given only the resumes of those who actually applied for the position.
    Last edited by Tosti111; March 3rd, 2021 at 04:13 PM.
    OP Defense: Any defense the poster doest’t like or know how to work around, nullifies their attack or denies them their rightful three star.

I know you don't want to hear "it's broken, it doesn't work"...but I must once again share. Sat outside with a near max TH12 for 72 hours and did not receive a single invite. Have multiple accounts and was just getting this one organized for where it would CWL and after 24 hours I thought I would let it go longer just to prove to myself (once again) that "it doesn't work". It still doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Tosti111 View Post
    I understand from a data mining perspective how too many filters can eat up processing time quite quickly. So how about we add one more badge selectable by the player: “Looking for a Clan”. It could be made as a time dependent selection ie. once selected, it is only valid for some period of time, perhaps 2 weeks or a month.

That would eliminate all those who are not looking and at least narrow the search down considerably and would ensure that the players seen on the list are viable and recently active. They may still be a bad fit but at least you know they are interested in joining SOME clan and the person searching for members isnt looking at a list where they have no idea if anyone on it actually wants to join. We can make it a non-viewable selection so it doesnt appear in a players profile so his existing clanmates cannot see it.

Right now, it feels as if I am a hiring manager and I have been given the phone book to look for potential employees rather than being given only the resumes of those who actually applied for the position.
    But we already have that in the form of the button that we choose to accept invites or not. Perhaps it could be changed to default back to red/no invites every 2 days or 7 days or something. I think the problem here is only partially due to players having their button set to accept invites even though they don't really want them. I think the problem is mostly they don't want invites from the clans that are inviting them, a time waster for both sides. Someone searching for a clan should be able to narrow down what time of clan can invite them.

Contact SC here. Click here for how trophies are calculated. Click here to see how war map placement of max halls is determined. An idea to improve legends here. I wish max players had a separate loot bank as described here. Caution, I often discuss for the sake of discussion and enjoy having my opinion challenged (or approved of) even when I care little about the actual issue. My balance wish: get rid of tornado trap, make it a decoration.

Quote Originally Posted by Darian[Supercell] View Post
    Not saying it's impossible, just a lot of challenges to overcome to make it as effective and useful as players envision. Therefore, why it was simpler to just let players select which badges they want to use voluntarily.
    To me this feels like a bit of a cop out, which has led to the completely unfunctional system as we see it now. I see a lot of "well this very specific example won't work so we won't do any of it" in the official comments I've heard on the subject.

The point is, as has been made by others, that by SC saying it's too hard to get it perfect so we keep it simple, it has off loaded the work to the players. Rather than making a compromise that has at least some functionality to many players, instead the message in the past has been: 'We can't help all of you exactly how you want, so we will do what's easiest for us even though it helps none of you."

The one thing we almost all unanimously agree upon in this thread is that the current iteration of the recruiting system doesn't work. Allowing more filters would alleviate some of that. Allowing people to "earn badges" would alleviate some of that. Resetting the actively looking for a clan would alleviate some of that. Choosing to do none of it because no one solution solves all problems or the excuse that it creates outlier cases is major cause for discouragement.

Bottom line is (as you already have taken note of in your earlier posts) that people shouldn't have to be the ones doing all the work to find appropriate clanmates. SC has to help with the process, because the current workload just involved with recruiting leaves little time for actually playing the game and that doesn't help anyone including SC.
    Signature provided by Terminus Prime

There seems to be a lot of attention on the idea of "fixing" the badge/labels system. To me, this seems like a waste of time. The labels are not tied to metrics. They were never intended to be. They are a statement of what a specific player believes they enjoy about the game. As such, they have a use and do not need to be "fixed". (I would recommend perhaps editing the list, or at the least including a definition of what each is supposed to mean. "Underdog" for example is very vague.)

We already have something that is tied to metrics, it is achievements. There is no need to "fix" anything there. Simply include functionality for clans to screen players based upon the existing metrics. Ideally this should display on the initial "find new members" screen, in the space that is currently exclusively trophies and badges, allow the searcher to display the three criteria they are most interested in. Then include a check box next to each name which sends an invite to those players that meet the criteria.

My three priorities for the recruiting tool:

1. The game is social, communication is a requirement. All results should be accounts that I can communicate with.
    2. Ability to screen, at a glance, the relevant metrics of all of the accounts that I am considering and invite them from that screen.
    3. Ability to track the outcome of my invites. I should be able to see if they have dismissed my invite.

Stray round: It would be awesome if we could see if a player had ever been in our clan before. As many players have similar names and I am not "Rain Man" enough to memorize the player tags of the thousands of players that have come and gone through various clans that I have been in or run over the years, it would be very useful if I could somehow see in the tool or on their player page whether or not they had been in our clan before.

Quote Originally Posted by 2222 View Post
    But we already have that in the form of the button that we choose to accept invites or not. Perhaps it could be changed to default back to red/no invites every 2 days or 7 days or something. I think the problem here is only partially due to players having their button set to accept invites even though they don't really want them. I think the problem is mostly they don't want invites from the clans that are inviting them, a time waster for both sides. Someone searching for a clan should be able to narrow down what time of clan can invite them.
    I see the problem here as one of scale. Many of the people with invites on is purely so that they can move between clans in a clan family. They are happy in their family and do not even look at invites from outside. There needs to be a way to accept invites, and a separate button that says they are looking for a new clan and would like recruiting invites.

Quote Originally Posted by Prince1999 View Post
    I see the problem here as one of scale. Many of the people with invites on is purely so that they can move between clans in a clan family. They are happy in their family and do not even look at invites from outside. There needs to be a way to accept invites, and a separate button that says they are looking for a new clan and would like recruiting invites.
    Creating Clan alliances or a sister clans function would solve a lot of that issue.
    Signature provided by Terminus Prime

Forum Superstar
    2222, I agree that both sides are at issue. However given that I have sent out at least 100 invites now to TH12/13 folks and my clan is lev 21 with 45+ members and we are in M2 with donates of many of our members over 20k each month, a strong war record and war constantly and have not recieved even ONE new member I would come to the conclusion that all 100 invites were to folks who didnt want to leave their existing clan and should have set their invites to off. For me, this is far more likely than all 100 looked at my clan and thought it was a bad fit. It creates an impression, warranted or otherwise, that I am being offerred folks that have no interest in leaving their existing clan and that I am wasting my valuable time by trying to use the tool. Speaking of tools, this is theequivalent of needing a hammer but being given a saw, a waste of my time.
    Last edited by Tosti111; March 3rd, 2021 at 07:31 PM.
    OP Defense: Any defense the poster doest’t like or know how to work around, nullifies their attack or denies them their rightful three star.