Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Darianís AMA on Reddit.

I agree the recruiting tool problem goes way beyond not understanding how it works. It has a lot to do with it not giving us enough filter options, but also the part that is supposed to be working behind the scenes doesn't work. We have been told we don't need a language filter because the tool will figure that out based on the language in our chat (and maybe the location of our players? I can't remember), but it just doesn't do it. My clan of 48-50 players has one player not from either USA or UK and he isn't even always in the clan. No language other than English is spoken in our chat. Despite that, when I search for players, the results are filled with names that I can't read, players that are in clans that aren't English speaking, etc. I really wish they would scrap the current attempted "learning" tool and just let the players use their own filters like any other online shopping tool.

Contact SC here. Click here for how trophies are calculated. Click here to see how war map placement of max halls is determined. An idea to improve legends here. I wish max players had a separate loot bank as described here. Caution, I often discuss for the sake of discussion and enjoy having my opinion challenged (or approved of) even when I care little about the actual issue. My balance wish: get rid of tornado trap, make it a decoration.

Quote Originally Posted by 2222 View Post
    I agree the recruiting tool problem goes way beyond not understanding how it works. It has a lot to do with it not giving us enough filter options, but also the part that is supposed to be working behind the scenes doesn't work. We have been told we don't need a language filter because the tool will figure that out based on the language in our chat (and maybe the location of our players? I can't remember), but it just doesn't do it. My clan of 48-50 players has one player not from either USA or UK and he isn't even always in the clan. No language other than English is spoken in our chat. Despite that, when I search for players, the results are filled with names that I can't read, players that are in clans that aren't English speaking, etc. I really wish they would scrap the current attempted "learning" tool and just let the players use their own filters like any other online shopping tool.
    I echo the same experiences. Not that we are really trying hard to actively recruit, but even if we were the options it gives us and the people who have applied generally don't fit the criteria we are even remotely looking for. The whole thing has just pushed into our shell where we don't even attempt to really look for outside help.
    Signature provided by Terminus Prime

3.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #33
    Quote Originally Posted by Tosti111 View Post
    We are in a similar spot as you Kat.

If it truly is not understanding the recruiting tool, can someone please help me understand the following:

We set the criteria to TH12+ And english. I go into the tool and yes, I get offered TH 12/13 folks....great, that part works. I select Clan War and Clan War League (IMO the two most likely to be selected by any applicant). The list shows up and 53/60 show folks already in clans. Of the 7 remaining that are clanless, 5 have names that are obviously not english. Of the two remaining, both are TH13 with approx 150-180 xp level with heroes in mid teens and troops are behind and bases are underdeveloped. Never mind the fact that when i actually come across someone that might be a fit, their mailbox is always full.

What exactly am I doing wrong? If I am doing nothing wrong and the pickings are really that slim, exactly what do you expect to happen to clans like ours? We havent gotten a single player yet in over a year from the recruitment tool, but I have gotten a couple off the forum recruiting thread.
    Well the bit in bold is one thing you are doing "wrong". You seem to be eliminating those already in clans for some reason. If they have set their "clan invites" marker to green, then they are at least thinking about changing clans. Why reject them out of hand?

Checking those out obviously won't come close to fixing all the issues, but it will at least give you a rather larger pool to select from.

Thank you so much it saved lot of my brain cells to find all those qna
    Much appreciated ❤️

5.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #35
    All posts have so many good points and recognizable stories. Too many to quote and address individually but interesting discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by JusMe View Post

*gets off shoebox and disappears in the night ~ for now*
    You're not supposed to disappear into the night.. ya know curfew and all

Alright joking aside... Ya know what, personally I donít like to look back to how we got here too much. It wonít help solve much and seems energy wasted for the most part. Something about looking a cow in the rear end and such.. I prefer to look forward to solutions. Iím much more interested in that part. I am worried about the situation where one can be too heavily invested and involved with something to see that things need to change.
    So thatís why Iíve also took this off my frustration list to keep the game enjoyable for me.
    On this subject Iím kinda in hibernation with a wake me up when thereís significant news to report or that weíre allowed outside again so I can go shopping and have fun. That certainly doesnít mean Iím not interested but I need to be somewhat detached.

Thank you! ClashOfHolmes for an awesome sig!

Just call me K, my name is too difficult to spell.
    Hay Day | Level: 120 | # VL8GVUL | Main Hay Day Topics | Forum Rules | HD Wiki
    Clash of Clans | Level: lost count at 200 | #Y0VJUJG

6.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #36
    BTW - Darian has now set up a sticky for people to post their experiences - but he wants actual, quantifiable experiences - so proper details of what you put in and what you got out.

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    Well the bit in bold is one thing you are doing "wrong". You seem to be eliminating those already in clans for some reason. If they have set their "clan invites" marker to green, then they are at least thinking about changing clans. Why reject them out of hand?

Checking those out obviously won't come close to fixing all the issues, but it will at least give you a rather larger pool to select from.
    Agreed, the best clan mates out there are probably in clans. Sure, you could happen upon one who just went clanless shortly before you did your search with the intent of getting recruited, but I doubt that is the most common. Instead, I think most players that would make a good clan mate who want a new clan are in a clan, getting donations, giving donations, taking part in wars, clan games, CWLs, etc. I find most of the players without clans have little interest in actually taking part in clans. They take troops, don't chat, don't take part in any clan activities, etc. and eventually leave. That is why they weren't in a clan when they were invited.

Contact SC here. Click here for how trophies are calculated. Click here to see how war map placement of max halls is determined. An idea to improve legends here. I wish max players had a separate loot bank as described here. Caution, I often discuss for the sake of discussion and enjoy having my opinion challenged (or approved of) even when I care little about the actual issue. My balance wish: get rid of tornado trap, make it a decoration.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaptain Kat View Post
    All posts have so many good points and recognizable stories. Too many to quote and address individually but interesting discussion.
    You're not supposed to disappear into the night.. ya know curfew and all
    Haha, you made me LOL for real

9.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #39
    Quote Originally Posted by JusMe View Post
    Haha, you made me LOL for real
    Hahhaa then you truly lived another day because you laughed.

Thank you! ClashOfHolmes for an awesome sig!

Just call me K, my name is too difficult to spell.
    Hay Day | Level: 120 | # VL8GVUL | Main Hay Day Topics | Forum Rules | HD Wiki
    Clash of Clans | Level: lost count at 200 | #Y0VJUJG

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    One of the thing our clan does, when hopping between the different clans for various wars, CWL, FCs etc., is to have the clan invite set to green to get an invite back to the original clan. So our clan invites are set to green but we are not thinking about changing clans. I've sometimes wondered whether finding alternative uses like this, if done on a large enough scale, means that the algorithm may never be very successful.