Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 48

  Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Darianís AMA on Reddit.

  1. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by JtB View Post
    Darian’s reply to clan name changes is weak, who cares if some members don’t like the new clan name, they can leave then. Supercell has always said they want clan leaders to have control of their clans, yet in this issue they punt. It’s not fair that some clans can change their names but most of us can’t. Supercell plays favorites and gives special privileges to certain clans by letting them change their names while the rest of us can’t.
    While I agree a clan name change would be an ok addition (but with limitations so we don't see what we have right now with account names being paid to change back and forth ruining (IMO) the legends leader board), I don't agree with the reference to the clans that have been allowed to change their name. Your clan and my clan can get a name change just like them, if we do everything they did.

    Contact SC here. Click here for how trophies are calculated. Click here to see how war map placement of max halls is determined. An idea to improve legends here. I wish max players had a separate loot bank as described here. Caution, I often discuss for the sake of discussion and enjoy having my opinion challenged (or approved of) even when I care little about the actual issue. My balance wish: get rid of tornado trap, make it a decoration.

  2. #12
    Forum Superstar JtB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    3,126
    Quote Originally Posted by 2222 View Post
    While I agree a clan name change would be an ok addition (but with limitations so we don't see what we have right now with account names being paid to change back and forth ruining (IMO) the legends leader board), I don't agree with the reference to the clans that have been allowed to change their name. Your clan and my clan can get a name change just like them, if we do everything they did.
    Not true. We have a sponsor too, someone paying us just like those other clans. I submitted a ticket to support and they denied my clan from getting a name change. I referenced those other clans to support and that my situation was similar, yet they still denied it. Supercell gives special privileges to certain clans and does not treat all clans fairly in this matter.

  3. #13
    Forum Veteran Ullaspn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Location
    Forest of main village
    Posts
    1,733
    Well some replies suggest that clash team is working on new game mode with complex features, they were planning to release it on December 2020 but now maybe planning to release in April update.

  4. #14
    Forum Hero JusMe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    amongst the stars
    Posts
    6,902
    Quote Originally Posted by PaluEF View Post
    Q: Is there plans to bring in a new recruitment system or is sc still trying to better it?
    R: Regarding the Recruitment Tool, I'll have to repeat something I said a while back.
    First, the tool isn't developed by the Clash team. I don't say that to try and wipe our hands of any obligation to it, but it genuinely is something the Clash team has little control over.
    However, with that said, regardless of who the tool is made by we have tried communicating with the community about its features, and even its shortcomings. But because of the nature of social media, online posts, etc. much of that gets lost hours after it's been posted.
    One of the things we've repeatedly stated is that the Recruitment Tool suffers not from a lack of functionality but from a lack of transparency. The Recruitment Tool actually does a lot of the things behind the scenes that players feel there is a lack of control over. And because they don't see how those work, it can feel like it doesn't work like they expect it to. I'm not saying it's perfect - far from it. We know it could use some improvement, but the biggest area it could be improved on is helping people understand exactly how it works so people are a bit more confident in the searches it pulls up, or at least understand why it gets those results.
    I call you know what on this repeat of the earlier stance (not to you personally Darian, but for this topic, please know that). It's 'nice' (not really) that we get fed lies (sorry to use such a harsh term, but that's what it is) but after all this time of keeping us on that path it's time to either switch providers for this tool or just come back to us with a mea culpa that this just isn't working - which would be the truth.

    IT has VERY LITTLE to do with us 'not understanding how it works'. Don't throw that back in our faces. We have been patient, we have waited for the 'algorithm' to 'learn' and 'to give it time so it can do better'. And no, not all clan leaders are twelve year olds who don't know how to read or something.

    NOTHING (or very little? that isn't visible?) has happened, NOTHING (or very little? that isn't visible?) has changed. The you know what is for instance that the tool would take into account the language spoken in the clan / region and such things.... it simply is STILL not happening. That, for one, is a thing that really is quite easy to check... or is it so that everything that's not English is simply Chinese to this 'tool' [no offense to anyone Chinese or from any other country that speaks the language, it's a saying in our country]?

    SC facilitates a language button in game, that same button can be used for this tool yet all we get are vague excuses 'that we wouldn't be able to search on all languages and dialects that are spoken around the world.... We've been asking since that tool of a tool was added to let us at least use the stuff that ALREADY is used in game for searching and connecting (likeminded) clans and players....

    By now I truly wonder what 'team' is working on this ... because they don't seem to know, or care, much for the game or the players. Or that's the feeling we're getting after all of this 'we're working on things under the hood' without any tangible results.

    I do not understand this attitude from SuperCell to be honest.
    Last edited by JusMe; 4 Weeks Ago at 08:10 AM.

  5.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #15
    Quote Originally Posted by JtB View Post
    Not true. We have a sponsor too, someone paying us just like those other clans. I submitted a ticket to support and they denied my clan from getting a name change. I referenced those other clans to support and that my situation was similar, yet they still denied it. Supercell gives special privileges to certain clans and does not treat all clans fairly in this matter.
    What 2222 said was absolutely true.

    Support will not be the ones who decide - they only ever make clan name changes if the name is offensive or contains real-life name. Any other requests will always be denied by support.

    But it does require more than just finding somebody to pay you something. You also have to be at a level where your clan will have significant external visibility, and those payments are going to have to be something substantial (though I don't know how much).

  6.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #16
    Darian[Supercell]'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Under a Rock.
    Posts
    5,935
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    What 2222 said was absolutely true.

    Support will not be the ones who decide - they only ever make clan name changes if the name is offensive or contains real-life name. Any other requests will always be denied by support.

    But it does require more than just finding somebody to pay you something. You also have to be at a level where your clan will have significant external visibility, and those payments are going to have to be something substantial (though I don't know how much).
    In order to qualify, you also need to be able prove that your sponsorship is from a professional esports organization and not just someone sending you a couple bucks to give the appearance of being an esports team.
    AKA Tank Puppy
    https://twitter.com/Devourlick

    If you have account-related questions like account bans or Supercell ID issues, please contact Player Support at this link. Please note that Community Managers and Forum Moderators are unable to assist or answer any account-related questions.


  7. #17
    Pro Member
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Under recruitment troll hood to figure out what's going on there
    Posts
    551
    Quote Originally Posted by JusMe View Post
    I call you know what on this repeat of the earlier stance (not to you personally Darian, but for this topic, please know that). It's 'nice' (not really) that we get fed lies (sorry to use such a harsh term, but that's what it is) but after all this time of keeping us on that path it's time to either switch providers for this tool or just come back to us with a mea culpa that this just isn't working - which would be the truth.........
    well said that's all i am going to add, shame i can't give you rep.

  8. #18
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    416
    Quote Originally Posted by Darian[Supercell] View Post
    In order to qualify, you also need to be able prove that your sponsorship is from a professional esports organization and not just someone sending you a couple bucks to give the appearance of being an esports team.
    Money talks.

  9.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #19
    Darian[Supercell]'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Under a Rock.
    Posts
    5,935
    Quote Originally Posted by obarthelemy View Post
    Money talks.
    What? I don't know where you got that inference from. It's very easy to say something like, "my uncle pays for my Clashing so that makes me a professional esports player!"

    It's not about the money. It's about verifying you have a legitimate professional organization backing you if you want to qualify for the esports Clan name change.
    AKA Tank Puppy
    https://twitter.com/Devourlick

    If you have account-related questions like account bans or Supercell ID issues, please contact Player Support at this link. Please note that Community Managers and Forum Moderators are unable to assist or answer any account-related questions.


  10. #20
    Senior Member Omega1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    257
    We had t-shirts printed

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •