Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 22

Thread: New Spell Idea, "The TRANSFORM spell"

  1. #1
    Centennial Club WhiteeWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2020
    Location
    At the snowing desert
    Posts
    112

    New Spell Idea, "The TRANSFORM spell"

    The TRANSFORM spell (my 100th post!)

    This spell is a bit hard to explain in general, so i will use an example.
    Assuming that i am about to start an attack and i have 2 transform spells with me. Those spells are lets say.. level 4 so they have for example 29 "t-spell-capacity"( the capacity increase as you upgrade the spell and i will explain what it is later but keep in mind that it is like the clone spell). The battle begins, i am using a "barch" attack and everything is fine until 28 of my barbarians are against a multi inferno tower. Then i throw a t-spell and 25 of them turn into a pekka. Before the beginning of the battle i had set the t-spell into "pekka" which was possible because a pekka is 25 capacity and my spell 29. I could had set that to anything with less that 29 capacity. If i had set that to baby-drag, 20 of them would had change to 2 baby dragons and the rest would remain barbarians. I hope it makes sense. It is all about transforming troops into others with equal capacity. And to avoid having many different spells the player have to "chose the troop" before the beginning of the attack as he/she also chose the warden "type" and the siege machine he wants to use.

    Now some more details: The players will be getting access to the spell at th-13 or higher( i am not sure yet). The t-capacity per level will be
    lvl1-15
    lvl2-19
    lvl3-24
    lvl4-29
    lvl5-33.
    The spell would be a 2-capacity dark spell, cause i dont want low th levels to have access to it through donations.
    I think that I don't have to mention all the possible attack strategies that would be possible with this spell.
    Now, about defence, i know that it might seem overpowered but considering that th14 is coming with new stronger defence i believe that it would be a good idea to have a powerful spell against it as balance.

    And if you wonder why a dark spell would be 2-capacity the anwser is that it is because it is so powerful!
    I hope you liked it.
    (btw it can also be used for cc troops)

    Edit: i forgot to mention that there will be no healing. For example if you have 25 barbarians with 10 hp each and you transform them into a pekka it will only have 250hp. No healing.
    Last edited by WhiteeWolf; 4 Weeks Ago at 04:11 PM.

  2. #2
    Centennial Club blazeaxel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2020
    Location
    A planet which orbits a star.
    Posts
    194
    Too OP
    what You are saying is, i can transform 25 barbs to a Pekka. So i can turn them into a dragon, mid match? Then if they are about to be killed by a mortar, i just throw a transform them and then voila! A dragon! Now the mortar can't kill it. All this for the housing space for a rage? Too OP.

  3. #3
    Centennial Club WhiteeWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2020
    Location
    At the snowing desert
    Posts
    112
    Quote Originally Posted by blazeaxel View Post
    Too OP
    what You are saying is, i can transform 25 barbs to a Pekka. So i can turn them into a dragon, mid match? Then if they are about to be killed by a mortar, i just throw a transform them and then voila! A dragon! Now the mortar can't kill it. All this for the housing space for a rage? Too OP.

    Well, you could at least suggest some balance changes for my idea. Would it be ok if it was 3 capacity? Also you should not underestimate the defence power th13-14 have. I mean, though we still dont know how powerful th14 will be, there are already buildings like the scatershot that are so strong that people dont attack with brute force but with tactical blows. So for 3 capacity i think that it would help many different strategies to be developed. (And btw yes thats exactly what i am saying, and not only to dragon.)
    Last edited by WhiteeWolf; January 26th, 2021 at 05:10 PM.

  4. #4
    Centennial Club blazeaxel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2020
    Location
    A planet which orbits a star.
    Posts
    194
    Umm yeah, 3 sounds good. Maybe 4 will be OK too. Also i think the levels of the spawned troops should be 1 level less than the one the player has researched. For level 1,there will be a few reduced stats.

  5. #5
    It seems to me an interesting dynamic,

    I assume that the area of ​​effect would be large enough to be able to reach all the necessary troops and I also assume that this echiso will not affect the skeletons, does it?

    It can be a very complex spell if viewed from the scope of programming due to the customization of the troop they will transform into.

    Do the "transformed" troops return to normal or do they stay that way?

    Considering that you can carry a pekka instead of 25 barbs from the beginning, I think that 3 spaces would be too big.

    I honestly see a problem with the configuration of the troops. At what time is this configuration done? And in what way?

  6. #6
    Centennial Club blazeaxel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2020
    Location
    A planet which orbits a star.
    Posts
    194
    Quote Originally Posted by Samurai277244 View Post
    It seems to me an interesting dynamic,

    I assume that the area of ​​effect would be large enough to be able to reach all the necessary troops and I also assume that this echiso will not affect the skeletons, does it?

    It can be a very complex spell if viewed from the scope of programming due to the customization of the troop they will transform into.



    Do the "transformed" troops return to normal or do they stay that way?

    Considering that you can carry a pekka instead of 25 barbs from the beginning, I think that 3 spaces would be too big.

    I honestly see a problem with the configuration of the troops. At what time is this configuration done? And in what way?
    I think that 3 is just OK. 2 baby dragons of less health can be turned into a full health dragon, which basically is healing them. Also transforming itself should be worth at least 1 housing space.

  7. #7
    Centennial Club WhiteeWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2020
    Location
    At the snowing desert
    Posts
    112
    Quote Originally Posted by blazeaxel View Post
    I think that 3 is just OK. 2 baby dragons of less health can be turned into a full health dragon, which basically is healing them. Also transforming itself should be worth at least 1 housing space.
    oups i forgot to mention that there will be no healing. For example if your 25 barbarians have 10 hp each your pekka will only have 250hp. No healing. I will edit my post.

  8. #8
    Centennial Club WhiteeWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2020
    Location
    At the snowing desert
    Posts
    112
    Quote Originally Posted by Samurai277244 View Post
    It seems to me an interesting dynamic,

    I assume that the area of ​​effect would be large enough to be able to reach all the necessary troops and I also assume that this echiso will not affect the skeletons, does it?

    It can be a very complex spell if viewed from the scope of programming due to the customization of the troop they will transform into.

    Do the "transformed" troops return to normal or do they stay that way?

    Considering that you can carry a pekka instead of 25 barbs from the beginning, I think that 3 spaces would be too big.

    I honestly see a problem with the configuration of the troops. At what time is this configuration done? And in what way?
    From the programing point of view though i dont know the language they use and I obviously havent read the code, i can tell that if there is healer sprite for example and you transform it to archers the sprite does not have to act like 14 archers, you can just make it disappear and put some archer sprites in.

    Also, the troops wont be returning to normal since this would ruin many attack strategies. If i am using queen charge with air troops
    and my queen die i might want my healers to change into balloons to help with the attack. If they return to normal after 10 sec there will be no ground troops for them to heal. But still if the spell become tooooo strong this might be a good way to nerf it.

    I am not sure if it should be 2 or 3 capacity but what would be the benefit of carrying a pekka instead of 25 barb? they have the same capacity...
    I dont understand what you mean the "configuration of the troops". They would all merge together in the middle of the spell's range and that would take like 1 second.

  9. #9
    Forum Superstar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    3,226
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteeWolf View Post
    oups i forgot to mention that there will be no healing. For example if your 25 barbarians have 10 hp each your pekka will only have 250hp. No healing. I will edit my post.
    I'm a bit concerned about this.

    Why would I waste spell space to transform anything into a PEKKA that doesn't "do" PEKKA? 250HP is less than 9% of the hitpoints of a level 1 unit.

    Where's the utility here; why would I want to take this option?

  10. #10
    Centennial Club WhiteeWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2020
    Location
    At the snowing desert
    Posts
    112
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaledonian View Post
    I'm a bit concerned about this.

    Why would I waste spell space to transform anything into a PEKKA that doesn't "do" PEKKA? 250HP is less than 9% of the hitpoints of a level 1 unit.

    Where's the utility here; why would I want to take this option?

    Hey, hey wait! You misunderstood something... I want to explain 2 things. 1st the pekka is just an example. Before the beginning of the battle you would have to choose the troop you want your spell to transform the troops to. 2nd The numbers were random! I used the example with the barbarians to explain that the hp of the transformed unit will be based on the hp of the transforming troops. (the more i think about it, it shouldnt be like adding or dividing the hp at each scenario its should be about the percentage of the hp BUT that's irrelevant)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •