Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Roadside Shop Raiding?

Roadside Shop Raiding?

Last week I was privately messaged by a neighbour Iíd met in a previous hood who told me in a one liner to stop raiding their shop, they then simultaneously unfriended me from the chat and therefore I was unable to seek any resolution or even apologise, so I thought I might seek to offer views here.

Now Iíve played this game for many years. Iíve led hoods and played in many, and all without exception have their own rules. Some donít mind if you frequently buy any amount of items from their roadside shop, where others only like their own hood members to buy, the rest have rules in between these...

Itís really tricky when you are not part of the sellers neighbourhood knowing what their rules are, and therefore it is reasonable, I think, to assume that if you list items they may be purchased by any of your in game friends, or DD if listed public.

If players have issues with raiding, buying - whatever they wish to call it - wouldnít it be more in the spirit of the game to have a vehicle for getting a friendly message to them rather than a very spiky message and a swift unfriending.

Perhaps Supercell could even look into doing something to help with this, possibly allowing for a set number of items to be sold in hood only for a limited time - not sure if that would work but worth giving it some thought.

Ultimately Iím reaching out to the community and to say remember most of us are adults, most of us do not know each other and do not know what others are encountering in their personal lives, especially at this time with all thatís going on in our crazy world.

Be kind, be polite and be adult, the game is much nicer when people donít judge others and jump to foregone conclusions that are often not founded

2.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #2
    Well on the subject of private messaging between farms thatís not going to happen.
    Normally the phrase is itís a can of worms but this is more of a snake pit that would be opened.
    even if they had a few rewritten messages then it wouldnít work as raiding doesnít exist according to SCís rules.

On the subject of raiding itís a tricky one.
    All these rules are rules players have invented. They feel in their shop people should behave a certain way and everyone has a different set of rules. Nevertheless the game doesnít operate that way. There is no such thing as raiding nor is there trading.

Once you're selling things in the RSS you place it on the open market for anyone to buy. There are no buying limits (other then the EM limit but thatís a different story) there is no safe trading box, there are no NH only boxes in a RSS.

The NH request system is there for safely transferring certain items to your hoodies. If you donít want ďraidersĒ then you need to stock your RSS differently. Smaller quantities, fewer items more often. And even thatís no guarantee.

That being said, people are free to friend and unfriend anyone they want. If they are annoyed by the shopping habits of certain friends they can certainly unfriend them. They can decide not to advertise so its more limited who can see their RSS at the time etc etc.

Personally, Iím aware of the raiding sensitivity of some players so when I shop in the newspaper I generally treat items as fair game and ďraidĒ as much as I want. When I shop through my in game friends list I generally try not to be too greedy and take those items I really want / need most trying to limit myself to 3 or 4 items tops depending on how many boxes they have filled. And sometimes I only buy 1-2 items if I donít really need other items even though they might be goodies.

Thank you! ClashOfHolmes for an awesome sig!

Just call me K, my name is too difficult to spell.
    Hay Day | Level: 120 | # VL8GVUL | Main Hay Day Topics | Forum Rules | HD Wiki
    Clash of Clans | Level: lost count at 200 | #Y0VJUJG

Thank you for replying, and seems that your game play is similar to mine. It’s a very tricky thing because it’s impossible to know what the rules are for each and every one of your friends outside of your own hood. I always try to be reasonable I think. I can certainly understand issues with messaging etc, hence why I added that I don’t even know if that were possible. There are subtle ways though. I have friends who change their farm names sometimes for example Plz don’t water during derbies etc. Of course it doesn’t stop others watering but it does reach out in a much less ruthless way and you’d hope most would respect that, I do. Thanks for your views, certainly appreciate it
    Last edited by Paulettes; January 24th, 2021 at 02:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaptain Kat View Post
    Personally, Iím aware of the raiding sensitivity of some players so when I shop in the newspaper I generally treat items as fair game and ďraidĒ as much as I want. When I shop through my in game friends list I generally try not to be too greedy and take those items I really want / need most trying to limit myself to 3 or 4 items tops depending on how many boxes they have filled. And sometimes I only buy 1-2 items if I donít really need other items even though they might be goodies.
    This is my approach too and seems to work generally. I just have to be careful I donít forget where I am shopping😂

Farm Level 195. Town 60. 😊
    Please PM for farm ID.

Quote Originally Posted by Gymgirl4a View Post
    This is my approach too and seems to work generally. I just have to be careful I donít forget where I am shopping😂
    Lol yes Iím trying to be soooo careful lol thanks guys 😂

If its in the shop - its for sale and anyone can buy.

Some try to use the shop as a neighbourhood barn, if the barn (shop)gets emptied by someone else - that's the sellers fault for misusing it.

Dont worry about the guy being upset, there are hundreds of thousand other players.

Quote Originally Posted by PedrosPlotThickens View Post
    If its in the shop - its for sale and anyone can buy.

Some try to use the shop as a neighbourhood barn, if the barn (shop)gets emptied by someone else - that's the sellers fault for misusing it.

Dont worry about the guy being upset, there are hundreds of thousand other players.
    Thank you I appreciate that 🙂

I agree that what's for sale in a roadside shop is fair game for whoever finds it. Sometimes I put things in my shop marked down, or not marked up just for other people to find. I'm happy when a person finds them before Tom or Greg does.
    I remember what it was like to find something good when my farm was small, and I hope other people enjoy finding the things I sell sometimes!
    If I put something up for a hoodmate, and someone else gets it first, I don't get angry, I just figure they were lucky, or on the ball, or both!
    Happy farming!
    Last edited by Momofthebadgerdogs; 4 Weeks Ago at 04:49 AM. Reason: Typo

Just share from my experience.
    I have a person in my friend list who selling tools and food daily on her shop ... But she remove me one day . Than I read here somewhere at forum ....that when people selling food and tools at their shop they don't like if someone buy it all.... So from that time I limited myself only buy max 3 boxes not more.
    I never buy food or tools at last box of the shop ...cause usually they use last box for trade or transfer to their baby farm . That's my experience 😊

I let my hood know ahead of time that I'm ready to put things up for sale. After that it's first come, first served. I don't worry about it.
    Halloweeners
    ID #P8POURGU