Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Upcoming AMA on Reddit

Quote Originally Posted by Darian[Supercell] View Post
    Thank you for the all the things you and the clash team has given the community.
    We all are grateful to have you as our community manager.🙂

On the USS Defiant charting the Delta Quadrant and studying Species P900B00181. Run silent, run deep
    Thing is, I am much more active on the Forums and Twitter than I am on reddit. The format just makes it easier to do AMA's there, where doing it on the Forums required constant moderator activity the entire time. We'll do another one on the Forums in the future, but reddit deserves some love as well.
    I'm speculating the Supercell CoC subforum is a small subset of the Clash community. As CM, you must attend to other channels which comprise of the rest of the Clash community. I don't know how you're able to strike this delicate balance. Maybe one of your super powers is being a Time Lord.

Now I understand why other CMs decided to end the official presence in the Supercell forums.

Perhaps with the eventual hiring of the new Community Manager Manager aka Global Lord Commander aka Community Team Lead, CMs like you will have more resources to focus on games and their communities.

https://supercell.com/en/careers/com...m-lead/596474/

...Personally, I prefer to maintain a certain degree of tight control over communications. Not for any kind of censorship reasons (I swear like a sailor in my public life), but because I prefer to mitigate the damage that rumormongering and gossip speculation can cause when it's not addressed right away. At least on the forums we can delete posts that spread "fake news" whether it's intentional or not. It's a bit more difficult on reddit because the discussions there are meant to be a bit more forgiving in what is allowed.
    And that's a major benefit of maintaining an official channel. When I read about a rumor outside the Supercell forums, I must contain my enthusiasm and refrain from sharing it with my fellow Clashers. In the age of fake news, I'll wait for a reliable source to confirm it in the Supercell forums. A Supercell employee using his real name carries significantly more weight than words from an anonymous poster, no matter how long he or she has been posting here or how many posts he or she made.

---
    Lynn, Casual Clasher, Casual Farmer, and Casual Boomer
    January 25, 2021
    Last edited by LynnK2015; January 26th, 2021 at 02:47 AM.
    The Cell Structure: How Supercell Turned the Traditional Org-Chart Upside Down
    https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...3#post11889093

3.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #33
    Quote Originally Posted by LynnK2015 View Post
    I'm speculating the Supercell CoC subforum is a small subset of the Clash community. As CM, you must attend to other channels which comprise of the rest of the Clash community. I don't know how you're able to strike this delicate balance. Maybe one of your super powers is being a Time Lord.

Now I understand why other CMs decided to end the official presence in the Supercell forums.

Perhaps with the eventual hiring of the new Community Manager Manager aka Global Lord Commander aka Community Team Lead, CMs like you will have more resources to focus on games and their communities.

https://supercell.com/en/careers/com...m-lead/596474/

And that's a major benefit of maintaining an official channel. When I read about a rumor outside the Supercell forums, I must contain my enthusiasm and refrain from sharing it with my fellow Clashers. In the age of fake news, I'll wait for a reliable source to confirm it in the Supercell forums. A Supercell employee using his real name carries significantly more weight than words from an anonymous poster, no matter how long he or she has been posting here or how many posts he or she made.

---
    January 25, 2021
    Interestingly enough, posting on the Forums/Reddit/Twitter etc. to engage with the players directly is just a very minor facet of what CM's do at Supercell. Admittedly, I'm probably the most active with direct player engagement in comparison to the other game CM's. Part of that is due to the Clash team have 3 CM's, whereas the other games only have 1 or 2. So it does give me a bit more flexibility to post on the Forums more regularly.

The vast majority of our responsibilities falls behind the scenes, working on social media campaigns, working with content creators, working with our marketing and Live Ops teams for engagement content, etc. although I enjoy the player interaction aspect the most. In my personal life, I'm quite private and sort of introverted but I do enjoy being a storyteller which explains why many of my posts are rather long-winded.
    AKA Tank Puppy
    https://twitter.com/Devourlick

If you have account-related questions like account bans or Supercell ID issues, please contact Player Support at this link. Please note that Community Managers and Forum Moderators are unable to assist or answer any account-related questions.

Interestingly enough, posting on the Forums/Reddit/Twitter etc. to engage with the players directly is just a very minor facet of what CM's do at Supercell. Admittedly, I'm probably the most active with direct player engagement in comparison to the other game CM's. Part of that is due to the Clash team have 3 CM's, whereas the other games only have 1 or 2. So it does give me a bit more flexibility to post on the Forums more regularly.

The vast majority of our responsibilities falls behind the scenes, working on social media campaigns, working with content creators, working with our marketing and Live Ops teams for engagement content, etc. although I enjoy the player interaction aspect the most. In my personal life, I'm quite private and sort of introverted but I do enjoy being a storyteller which explains why many of my posts are rather long-winded.
    Be honest.. you just love us, that's why..

Just a reminder to add the link to /r when available...
    Also (if still needed) my transcription will be delayed to about 4pm EST (10pm EET), as I am busy until then.
    The AMA should be starting in about 30 min.

Quote Originally Posted by PaluEF View Post
    Just a reminder to add the link to /r when available...
    Also (if still needed) my transcription will be delayed to about 4pm EST (10pm EET), as I am busy until then.
    The AMA should be starting in about 30 min.
    AMA is live now. - https://www.reddit.com/r/ClashOfClan..._for_clash_of/

I take my hat off to darian, just checking the ama..bombarded with a heap of stupid time wasting questions lol sure, there is a decent percent of genuine questions but theres also a huge chunk of lunacy, c'mon people get a grip

On the USS Defiant charting the Delta Quadrant and studying Species P900B00181. Run silent, run deep
    Here's my takeaway from the AMA and I'm quoting Darian.

"...Edit 6: Ok folks. I'm gonna call it a night. Thank you for everyone's awesome questions. If I couldn't get to yours I do apologize. It's likely I've already answered it elsewhere in the AMA.

One things no one asked is WHEN the next update is. We're aiming for an April release for the first major update of the year, but we're not ready to share exactly what the content will be. :-)"

https://www.reddit.com/r/ClashOfClan..._for_clash_of/

---
    January 26, 2021
    Last edited by LynnK2015; January 26th, 2021 at 08:29 PM.
    The Cell Structure: How Supercell Turned the Traditional Org-Chart Upside Down
    https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...3#post11889093

Centennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by LynnK2015 View Post
    Here's my takeaway from the AMA and I'm quoting Darian.

"...Edit 6: Ok folks. I'm gonna call it a night. Thank you for everyone's awesome questions. If I couldn't get to yours I do apologize. It's likely I've already answered it elsewhere in the AMA.

One things no one asked is WHEN the next update is. We're aiming for an April release for the first major update of the year, but we're not ready to share exactly what the content will be. :-)"

https://www.reddit.com/r/ClashOfClan..._for_clash_of/

---
    January 26, 2021
    Th14 I reckon, they need an extra month... for a big update