Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Upcoming AMA on Reddit

Quote Originally Posted by Darian[Supercell] View Post
    Thing is, I am much more active on the Forums and Twitter than I am on reddit. The format just makes it easier to do AMA's there, where doing it on the Forums required constant moderator activity the entire time. We'll do another one on the Forums in the future, but reddit deserves some love as well.
    I for one, as my clannies, and I'm quite sure I speak for at least some of the others here too, appreciate the fact that this forum still exists very much.

And Reddit needs a lot more moderator activity anyway (not being sarcastic and not being snippy at the current team, I'm sure they are doing a heck of a lot of work, but still).

Quote Originally Posted by JusMe View Post
    And Reddit needs a lot more moderator activity anyway (not being sarcastic and not being snippy at the current team, I'm sure they are doing a heck of a lot of work, but still).
    Why tho? The top reason I(and quite a few others) use reddit is due to the liberty there. Anyone is free to post pretty much anything there. No "This idea is ruled out and gonna be removed" or "You can't talk abt it here". Community first, moderation second. The current reddit mods are doing a wonderful job, imo.
    Last edited by GaMe ChAnGeR1; 4 Weeks Ago at 11:14 AM.

3.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #23
    Quote Originally Posted by GaMe ChAnGeR1 View Post
    Why tho? The top reason I(and quite a few others) use reddit is due to the liberty there. Anyone is free to post pretty much anything there. No "This idea is ruled out and gonna be removed" or "You can't talk abt it here". Community first, moderation second. The current reddit mods are doing a wonderful job, imo.
    While I wish they wouldn't allow leaks to propagate on the subreddit, I do understand that the Clash subreddit is a bit more...forgiving...in the content they allow.

The reason the Forums are a bit more draconian in what is and isn't allowed is because the Forums are the official discussion group for the game. Therefore, we have to be a bit more cautious and protective, and yes...controlling, over what content is shared here. The Clash subreddit is not run by Supercell and is wholly community owned, so they're allowed to implement whatever rules they want within reason. We do still expect them to obey certain policies like no advertising account selling, no scams, etc.

Additionally, because these Forums are the official Forums for Clash, the rules in-game also largely apply. So things like swearing, drug/alcohol/tobacco use discussions are not allowed nor is anything that violates the Terms of Service allowed either. The mods there do quite a good job there, and enforce their rules pretty fairly. It's just that the expectations between the Forums and reddit are different so the experience can be a bit surprising too.

Personally, I prefer to maintain a certain degree of tight control over communications. Not for any kind of censorship reasons (I swear like a sailor in my public life), but because I prefer to mitigate the damage that rumormongering and gossip speculation can cause when it's not addressed right away. At least on the forums we can delete posts that spread "fake news" whether it's intentional or not. It's a bit more difficult on reddit because the discussions there are meant to be a bit more forgiving in what is allowed.
    AKA Tank Puppy
    https://twitter.com/Devourlick

If you have account-related questions like account bans or Supercell ID issues, please contact Player Support at this link. Please note that Community Managers and Forum Moderators are unable to assist or answer any account-related questions.

This might be off topic, but I read that the 4th monday of the year is the "Community Manager Appreciation day".

So I would like to thank Darian and the other CMs who work a bit more behind the scenes and also the local CMs for being the connection between us, the players, and Supercell. Not sure id it's worth starting a new thread for, so I'm just putting it here.

Anyways I'm looking forward to the AMA.

While I wish they wouldn't allow leaks to propagate on the subreddit, I do understand that the Clash subreddit is a bit more...forgiving...in the content they allow.

The reason the Forums are a bit more draconian in what is and isn't allowed is because the Forums are the official discussion group for the game. Therefore, we have to be a bit more cautious and protective, and yes...controlling, over what content is shared here. The Clash subreddit is not run by Supercell and is wholly community owned, so they're allowed to implement whatever rules they want within reason. We do still expect them to obey certain policies like no advertising account selling, no scams, etc.

Additionally, because these Forums are the official Forums for Clash, the rules in-game also largely apply. So things like swearing, drug/alcohol/tobacco use discussions are not allowed nor is anything that violates the Terms of Service allowed either. The mods there do quite a good job there, and enforce their rules pretty fairly. It's just that the expectations between the Forums and reddit are different so the experience can be a bit surprising too.

Personally, I prefer to maintain a certain degree of tight control over communications. Not for any kind of censorship reasons (I swear like a sailor in my public life), but because I prefer to mitigate the damage that rumormongering and gossip speculation can cause when it's not addressed right away. At least on the forums we can delete posts that spread "fake news" whether it's intentional or not. It's a bit more difficult on reddit because the discussions there are meant to be a bit more forgiving in what is allowed.
    Yup. The expectations between the communities are quite different. Those who want serious war discussions and accurate information about the game can post here(especially in the 'General' and 'clan wars' subforums) while those who want it to be a bit more liberal and have some fun can post there. Redditors would rebel if the mods started to restrict content, while the forumers clearly hate using reddit. Both running parallelly like it is now, is the best option. I would hate it to change.

6.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorenz98 View Post
    This might be off topic, but I read that the 4th monday of the year is the "Community Manager Appreciation day".

So I would like to thank Darian and the other CMs who work a bit more behind the scenes and also the local CMs for being the connection between us, the players, and Supercell. Not sure id it's worth starting a new thread for, so I'm just putting it here.

Anyways I'm looking forward to the AMA.

AKA Tank Puppy

If you have account-related questions like account bans or Supercell ID issues, please contact Player Support at this link. Please note that Community Managers and Forum Moderators are unable to assist or answer any account-related questions.

Shouldn't you be preparing for your AMA rather than hammy hammersteining around?

Seriously though, you have been an outstanding CM! Thanks for all you do, I'm positive your efforts have made a tremendous difference not only on this forum, but in the game as well.

Thank You TerMinus for the awesome sig!

Forum Superstar
    You really shouldn't push, it's not good for you.

9.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #29
    Quote Originally Posted by Tollboothwillie View Post
    You really shouldn't push, it's not good for you.
    I had a massive plate of oven roasted Brussel sprouts...and shared them with my puppy. The house is not safe for human habitation anymore.
    AKA Tank Puppy

Thanks for sharing , hopefully someone collate and share details here

Quote Originally Posted by Drin_CoC View Post
    Hello friends. I just wanted to share here the news that the next AMA on Reddit will be held on upcoming Tuesday, on January 26th, at 7pm Helsinki time, as announced here: https://old.reddit.com/r/ClashOfClans/announcement_ama

REBUILDING Clan-Total Balloony | Forum achievements
    4 th13 & 1 th12, REQ n LEAVE<max troops>-->>#CC08YYJP

*Click here-> GFX Shop TerMinus Prime*My recent work