Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: The Nerf to Super wizard didn't change anything about the attack strategies

Quote Originally Posted by 2222 View Post
    Agreed, but lower in legends where players didn’t bother to change their base designs they kept getting 3 starred and that army does appear OP against bad designs. So, they continued to complain and youtubers continued to fuel the fire and the nerf happened.
    Supercell has data ,so ya it is just not about youtubers.

Quote Originally Posted by Ullaspn View Post
    Agree.. But I couldnt help thinking "oh no" when they thanked the community for their feedback.

But they do have the data, and cwl is a little over a week away..
    We shall see what that data tells them.. Wont be the first time they done more than 1 nerf..
    Time will tell.

Quote Originally Posted by Ullaspn View Post
    I didn’t say it’s just about youtubers. I do think youtubers are a factor, especially when they are promoted as experts by SC and they hand pick certain replays to support click bait titles about a broken game. That said, I know SC has data and I can easily see how skewed that data likely was by bad base designs. Legends below 5400 was full of them and that’s where 100,000s of players play. Move up a bit and the bases adjusted and the same attack plan rarely three stars, but the stats would be overwhelmed by the attacks lower.

Contact SC here. Click here for how trophies are calculated. Click here to see how war map placement of max halls is determined. An idea to improve legends here. I wish max players had a separate loot bank as described here. Caution, I often discuss for the sake of discussion and enjoy having my opinion challenged (or approved of) even when I care little about the actual issue. My balance wish: get rid of tornado trap, make it a decoration.

Even after the nerf I think 90% of our maxed player 3-star at least one of their attacks in CW. The nerf is obvious, but it has come too early as base design will affect way more.
    CWL is another story because you have to be very confident to go for a 3-star risking to end up with only one when there's no second chance.

I don't think the bases higher up had to change that much actually. The most common layouts have already been more spread out even before SWs were a thing. Probably because of that strange troop called Electrodragon which had a similar devastating effect on compact bases.

You are right that below 5400 bases tend to be bad, not maxed or outdated. But I think most strategies have a easier time in those regions, not just SWs.

The 8 quake Golem+SW is not that great in legends because you are not as flexible with your siege machines, which is really important if you want to have a strategy that can tackle any base. So I can get why people think it's not as strong.
    It can be very effective against any Anti 3 star designs though, which are more common in clan wars. Doesn't matter too much if it's spread out or not, pathing is much more important, and that is generally easier to get on Anti 3s.

Even after the nerf Super Wizards are still very strong and for the top Pekkasmash players they completely replaced bowlers. Blizzard is still a thing in competitive wars (where bases adapted btw.) and so is the Golem avalanche. And I don't see them disappear out of the meta any time soon.

Just because you can build against a certain unit to make it less effective, that doesn't automatically mean it's balanced. According to that Logic even the temporary Royal Ghost would have been balanced. But I think most of you would agree that it was too strong.

But I guess Youtubers, competitive players, lazy basebuilders and the infamous nerf squad who want to nerf everything just for the sake of nerfing something, only want to ruin the game for everyone else so they don't have to build new bases.
    I mean basebuilding is kinda tedious and Youtubers want to generate clicks even on their old base videos, right?

6.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #16
    When an OP strategy becomes popular, many players will try to learn that attack and employ it frequently. However, an interesting effect of this is that when that strategy is nerfed or parts of it are re-balanced, players will still try to rely on that same strategy because it's become a sort of comfort zone of familiarity. It's basic human psychology.

A preliminary look at the data would show that the number of people still using that strategy probably has not changed all that much, but the success rates have likely dropped. A trickle down psychological byproduct is that two results will happen. A) Some players will explore new strategies or B) Many will simply claim the game is broken because there's no way they should be failing as often due to their self-belief in their superior skill.
    AKA Tank Puppy
    https://twitter.com/Devourlick

If you have account-related questions like account bans or Supercell ID issues, please contact Player Support at this link. Please note that Community Managers and Forum Moderators are unable to assist or answer any account-related questions.

Some of us use new combos and keep using them for a while because we’re having fun using them.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorenz98 View Post
    The 8 quake Golem+SW
    I believe that top players have replaced that with 6 quakes already. Two logs and the wall goes down, so basically you get another spell (or two) for free.

I mean it made the super wiz weaker in general
    My biggest accomplishment in life is probably finishing 1300 global in December 2020.
    I have a YT that I post on occasionally. There's some cool stuff.
    IGN: BlackJack | Reckoned Rebel | Level 233

Quote Originally Posted by 2222 View Post
    Agreed, but lower in legends where players didn’t bother to change their base designs they kept getting 3 starred and that army does appear OP against bad designs. So, they continued to complain and youtubers continued to fuel the fire and the nerf happened.
    Absolutely true. After the season reset at 5000/5100 I am seeing again weak bases against sw spam. Not gonna lie i am using sw spam until harder bases force me to switch to other armies.