Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: The Nerf to Super wizard didn't change anything about the attack strategies

The Nerf to Super wizard didn't change anything about the attack strategies

Hi everyone.

Just here to share my clan experience about the super wizard nerf relatively the wars and the legendary League ladder.

In any clan war we do there are still bases that golem super wizard are still able to 3 stars without much problem and because many others still fear the no brain superwizard spam they use bases weak to lavaloon, miner hogs, drag bat or edrag bat. My clan (a level 23) still has no problem in doing around 23 or 24 3 stars attacks in 40 vs 40 war back to back. This is all thanks to the combination of base layouts against spam attacks and the blizzard being basically untouched by the nerf.

In ladder the situation is even more of a joke. Even before the nerf the superwizard spam attacks was dead thanks to the many anti spam and anti blizzard bases that simply were and still are everywhere above 5600/5700 where most of my clan fight to reach a new PB. So in my clan (at least to my knowledge) everyone left the classic super wizards spam and switched to inferno dragon skelly spam or pekka smash. Personally i am around 5600 and I think that pekka smash+ hogs will carry me to a new PB since all of the bases are the same and all weak to this kind of attack just like drag bats.

On a final note in the past weeks everyone was complaing about how blizzard was OP and the real problem but the nerf just killed the spam not the blizzard itself. Opinions on the matter?

Also happy to finally share my first post after 5 years of simply reading the forum without creating an account.

Quote Originally Posted by Unsuspiciousguy View Post
    Hi everyone.

Just here to share my clan experience about the super wizard nerf relatively the wars and the legendary League ladder.

In any clan war we do there are still bases that golem super wizard are still able to 3 stars without much problem and because many others still fear the no brain superwizard spam they use bases weak to lavaloon, miner hogs, drag bat or edrag bat. My clan (a level 23) still has no problem in doing around 23 or 24 3 stars attacks in 40 vs 40 war back to back. This is all thanks to the combination of base layouts against spam attacks and the blizzard being basically untouched by the nerf.

In ladder the situation is even more of a joke. Even before the nerf the superwizard spam attacks was dead thanks to the many anti spam and anti blizzard bases that simply were and still are everywhere above 5600/5700 where most of my clan fight to reach a new PB. So in my clan (at least to my knowledge) everyone left the classic super wizards spam and switched to inferno dragon skelly spam or pekka smash. Personally i am around 5600 and I think that pekka smash+ hogs will carry me to a new PB since all of the bases are the same and all weak to this kind of attack just like drag bats.

On a final note in the past weeks everyone was complaing about how blizzard was OP and the real problem but the nerf just killed the spam not the blizzard itself. Opinions on the matter?

Also happy to finally share my first post after 5 years of simply reading the forum without creating an account.
    Blizzard requires skill so there is no need to kill it.

Hi everyone.

I agree that base design ended up handling superwiz mass attacks without the need for a nerf. They still are pretty fun/strong though.

Quote Originally Posted by Ullaspn View Post
    Blizzard requires skill so there is no need to kill it.
    Not according to some here who predicted it was going to ruin cwl, until it didn’t....

Contact SC here. Click here for how trophies are calculated. Click here to see how war map placement of max halls is determined. An idea to improve legends here. I wish max players had a separate loot bank as described here. Caution, I often discuss for the sake of discussion and enjoy having my opinion challenged (or approved of) even when I care little about the actual issue. My balance wish: get rid of tornado trap, make it a decoration.

In 5500-5600 legend league, my 3 star rate was cute by more than half. From 3-4/8 atttacks to 1 if lucky. The nerf was huge to me. Leaving up the trash next to your main target means that the superwizard will target those next instead of another priority target. There's a popular base design (with some variations) in legend league atm that completely counters super wizards.

Bases strong against super wizard uses 3 multi infernos which is also strong against dragbat, hybrid, lalo, and witch spam. But these bases are weak against queen charge which is what everyone complaining wants to be the strongest anyways.
    Last edited by xAlterion; January 23rd, 2021 at 08:04 PM.

Still think they nerfed it wrong.. id rather see its range reduced. There's not much room on a th13 map to try an combat swiz range AND chain damage

Quote Originally Posted by xAlterion View Post
    In 5500-5600 legend league, my 3 star rate was cute by more than half. From 3-4/8 atttacks to 1 if lucky. The nerf was huge to me. Leaving up the trash next to your main target means that the superwizard will target those next instead of another priority target. There's a popular base design (with some variations) in legend league atm that completely counters super wizards.

Bases strong against super wizard uses 3 multi infernos which is also strong against dragbat, hybrid, lalo, and witch spam. But these bases are weak against queen charge which is what everyone complaining wants to be the strongest anyways.
    The same happened to me, and the nerf was part of it, but I think the base design is even more. The 3 star rate with superwiz is very low against mutiple designs I’ve tried that are just copies from YouTube base links.

Contact SC here. Click here for how trophies are calculated. Click here to see how war map placement of max halls is determined. An idea to improve legends here. I wish max players had a separate loot bank as described here. Caution, I often discuss for the sake of discussion and enjoy having my opinion challenged (or approved of) even when I care little about the actual issue. My balance wish: get rid of tornado trap, make it a decoration.

Haven't seen a single golem sw spam attack after the nerf update in legends yet.Some opponent clan players used them in war but the success rate was very low.
    Last edited by ESCANOR0803; January 23rd, 2021 at 08:22 PM.

Success rate is now very low.All attacks against my base in Legend are back to QC hybrid or mix of yetis.

Quote Originally Posted by ESCANOR0803 View Post
    Haven't seen a single golem sw spam attack after the nerf update in legends yet.Some opponent clan players used them in war but the success rate was very low.
    In my defense log there are no longer golem sw spam since 2 weeks before the nerf. Only lavaloon with blizzard and drag bat or edrag spam. The anti spam bases killed sw spam wayyyy before the nerf.

In my defense log there are no longer golem sw spam since 2 weeks before the nerf. Only lavaloon with blizzard and drag bat or edrag spam. The anti spam bases killed sw spam wayyyy before the nerf.
    Agreed, but lower in legends where players didn’t bother to change their base designs they kept getting 3 starred and that army does appear OP against bad designs. So, they continued to complain and youtubers continued to fuel the fire and the nerf happened.