Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: War Match Ups?

War Match Ups?

Ever since my clan was promoted to Champ 2 in CWL, in normal wars all we do is get matched with Champ 1 and Champ 2 clans.

Does what CWL division effect normal war match ups? I thought it was just done on war weight (Town Hall Levels and stuff).

Would happily drop back down to Master 1 in CWL if it meant I wasn't being matched against all these sweaty clans every war.

CWL has no influence on classic war matches..
    You correctly said regular war is weighted.

But you are a Champ 2 clan, which likely means you run with maxed bases, or close to..
    So the likelihood of matching another fully maxed clan is extremely high.

You could run mixed hall, if you have sufficient lower halls within your clan to sway the MMA..
    But I would think this type of war would be below a clan like yourselves stature, although it would likely lower the quality of opposition clans ability.

I am in a master 3 clan. We have mixed th levels (from th13 to th7) in war roster and got matched with a champ 2 clan (opponent has th13 to th10). So, not sure if mix townhall will help or not.

Quote Originally Posted by 555555 View Post
    I am in a master 3 clan. We have mixed th levels (from th13 to th7) in war roster and got matched with a champ 2 clan (opponent has th13 to th10). So, not sure if mix townhall will help or not.
    CWL level isn’t a factor in classic war matching.

Contact SC here. Click here for how trophies are calculated. Click here to see how war map placement of max halls is determined. An idea to improve legends here. I wish max players had a separate loot bank as described here. Caution, I often discuss for the sake of discussion and enjoy having my opinion challenged (or approved of) even when I care little about the actual issue. My balance wish: get rid of tornado trap, make it a decoration.

Well, yeah.. It is weight that is the primary consideration, rather than hall colour..
    So if you run heavy at the top, even with mixed hall, you are going to match someone that runs heavy at the top..
    Top hall is where the heaviest weight is, so naturally plenty of weight needs to be moved away from there if you want a lesser opponent..
    Kudos to you for not complaining about your 7 being matched with a 10 tho.

We are Crystal 1 cwl.. we dont have lots of members that bother with regular war..
    So a few of us carrying multi's take care of random spin..
    Our top end breakdown is 1/3/4/3 for the last couple of wars, then tapering down to a 6 on the bottom, in a 20v war size..
    Our recent opponents have all been gold rated for cwl..
    Obviously membership can force a clan to play lower cwl than their skill suggests, if they dont carry enough heavier accounts..
    But we won our last 6 wars easy enough, with 4 of them perfect.

So roster breakdown can and does play its part if a clan wishes to target their war difficulty, if not their opponents skill level..
    And if OP wishes to avoid top class opposition with his wars, then the roster is where it would be achieved.
    Last edited by joshsgrandad; January 23rd, 2021 at 08:31 PM.

Just adding some details here on mismatch - opponent has 5 max th13 and 4 almost max th13 whereas we have no max th13.

Just adding some details here on mismatch - opponent has 5 max th13 and 4 almost max th13 whereas we have no max th13.
    That doesnt really help mate..
    For details a breakdown and war size is needed..
    If you had 15 TH13 in a 20v war size, then the rest would just be filler and have little to no effect on the draw..
    You are stating there are at least 9 TH13s in your war.. If it was a 20v war size, that would be 45% of the accounts, and likely 70%+ of the total roster weight..
    No disrespect intended, but you are shooting yourself in the foot with that many top halls if none of them are maxed or very close for regular war..
    I do take it that offense is at max on several of your accounts tho.

There isnt a lot of weight to distinguish one TH13 from another..
    So although they may look bad, weight wise they will still match if there are plenty of top halls to make that cluster of heavyweights pass one of the perceived checks.

I only used a brief breakdown of our top end to emphasise how light our top is for the roster/war size.
    Our wars are generally decided by what my 13 does with 2 attacks as opposed to their 1 or sometimes 2 TH13s..
    And our 11s and 12s are quite efficient too.

To elaborate..
    When I was looking at the matchmaker, I did various breakdowns to look for effect..
    When I had a cluster of halls, the opposition usually somewhat matched what I put out.

That made me believe 2 common factors..
    It was using my roster weight as the most dominant factor in the search..
    And it was trying to match my hall pattern with the breakdown (which of course will be converted into weight patterns on server side).

I also found that I could manipulate the strength of the opposition roster by moving the numbers of hall contained within the roster around to either increase that middle weight, or decrease it..
    Interestingly enough (or not) I found that if I increased the number of accounts at the bottom end and create a low loading scenario, the opposition would tend to become more rushed, and the matching pattern start to dissolve.
    I never used anything except balanced/maxer accounts.

So, again, the roster can be used to obtain a different opponent than one currently gets..
    But as with any type of engineering, there is no guarantee that it will be beneficial for oneself..
    Unless the roster is set out so as not to be at a disadvantage of course.
    Last edited by joshsgrandad; January 24th, 2021 at 04:51 PM.

Normally we get matching opponents if we take less lower th players in roster. In this war we actually took more lower th players and ended up with a mismatch. This was a war of roster of 30. I said opponent had 9 almost max(including 5 max) th13 and we had only 2 almost max (none max) th13. Thats why i dont think it was a good match. I include my all war ready players to give them exposure to wars and help them grow.

Normally we get matching opponents if we take less lower th players in roster. In this war we actually took more lower th players and ended up with a mismatch. This was a war of roster of 30. I said opponent had 9 almost max(including 5 max) th13 and we had only 2 almost max (none max) th13. Thats why i dont think it was a good match. I include my all war ready players to give them exposure to wars and help them grow.
    What is your clan tag?

Contact SC here. Click here for how trophies are calculated. Click here to see how war map placement of max halls is determined. An idea to improve legends here. I wish max players had a separate loot bank as described here. Caution, I often discuss for the sake of discussion and enjoy having my opinion challenged (or approved of) even when I care little about the actual issue. My balance wish: get rid of tornado trap, make it a decoration.

Quote Originally Posted by 2222 View Post
    What is your clan tag?
    My clan tag is #GP9P8R2G