Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Skill vs spam

Quote Originally Posted by bostone View Post
    not sure what u want me to tell u.. you're good at spam attacks?

And yes, hybrid and lavaloon r 2 of the strongest attacks in the game, but neither or witch will work if u drop everything in the 1st 20 seconds...
    You aren't open minded to the fact that strategies other than lalo and hybrid can be equal or more skilled that those two attack strategies. I literally described you an attack that does not involve mass placing any troops (in fact its even less spammy than hybrid) yet you still call it a spam. You are cognitively biased so there's no point in further discussion. lol
    Last edited by xAlterion; January 28th, 2021 at 09:43 PM.

Centennial Club
    I am not a very good attacker. Regular 2* but very few 3*. However my rate has massively gone up using SWs. Whilst that is good in some respects for me, itís also slightly annoying, as my more thoughtful QW attacks are less successful than my SW attacks. I havenít come across any other attack that has such a high 3* rate FOR ME. Yes there are other 3* attacks, but I never seem to be able to make them work. So a bit frustrating that this can, base dependent, mean a relatively easy 3 whereas my more thoughtful attack does not. Would be good to understand exactly what these other 3* strategies are - I seem to have limited success when I try the YouTube ones.

I’m glad supercell nerfed the superwiz. Just like when hogs first came out supercell made it where giant bombs deal more damage to them. When miners came out, just like the superwiz they got nerfed.

Im confident that if theres a problem, supercell will take the appropriate action through a direct or indirect nerf.
    Last edited by MasashiS; January 29th, 2021 at 01:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gindie View Post
    I am not a very good attacker. Regular 2* but very few 3*. However my rate has massively gone up using SWs. Whilst that is good in some respects for me, it’s also slightly annoying, as my more thoughtful QW attacks are less successful than my SW attacks. I haven’t come across any other attack that has such a high 3* rate FOR ME. Yes there are other 3* attacks, but I never seem to be able to make them work. So a bit frustrating that this can, base dependent, mean a relatively easy 3 whereas my more thoughtful attack does not. Would be good to understand exactly what these other 3* strategies are - I seem to have limited success when I try the YouTube ones.
    You nailed the problem of the current meta for casual players who would like their limited skills with more complicated attacks rewarded. There is no incentive to use them because sw mass attack is way better.

Good example is our last normal war ( happened after the sw nerf..). We used super wiz mass attack 3 triples against their 4 th13 bases the last was 85% 2 star. All triples were fresh hits. They used hybrid resulting in no triples. Their skill level was same as ours and they suffered because they tried to use skilled attacks.
    Last edited by Grimbolg; January 29th, 2021 at 12:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gindie View Post
    I am not a very good attacker. Regular 2* but very few 3*. However my rate has massively gone up using SWs. Whilst that is good in some respects for me, it’s also slightly annoying, as my more thoughtful QW attacks are less successful than my SW attacks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimbolg View Post
    You nailed the problem of the current meta for casual players who would like their limited skills with more complicated attacks rewarded. There is no incentive to use them because sw mass attack is way better.
    Against certain base designs, yes.

The types of base designs several of my legends mates have switched to now have low 3 star rates when attacked by SW. Most 3 stars are not by SW, but instead by the more traditional multi-stage attacks.

Contact SC here. Click here for how trophies are calculated. Click here to see how war map placement of max halls is determined. An idea to improve legends here. I wish max players had a separate loot bank as described here. Caution, I often discuss for the sake of discussion and enjoy having my opinion challenged (or approved of) even when I care little about the actual issue. My balance wish: get rid of tornado trap, make it a decoration.

Forum Elder

Good example is our last normal war ( happened after the sw nerf..). We used super wiz mass attack 3 triples against their 4 th13 bases the last was 85% 2 star. All triples were fresh hits. They used hybrid resulting in no triples. Their skill level was same as ours and they suffered because they tried to use skilled attacks.
    Would argue your skill level was higher, if you were smart enough to choose the attacks that 3ed. Will add have never seen a mass sw attack go for 3 in any of our wars. Mass witches, yeti/witches, lotsa witches, are sometimes successful, but if yíall are 3ing with mass sw often, youíre not average.

TH13...level 254...75/75/50/20...gg 2 bil...ee 2 bil...hh 45 mil...atb 6032

I was left a little disappointed after watching it against my base, copied from the net..
    I even changed 2 of the inferno to single, and he still failed to really impact.

TBF, they waltzed thru our 12s, so much so that I commented "wow, this is the one they are on about"..
    Mine was the only 13, so the dips stopped there..
    But max troops and heroes vs a 128k base should have been a massacre.

His quakes split enough of the base to let the troops in.. His LL did its job of taking down the hall.. Then nothing.
    A measly 56% 2 star, using golem and ice golem, witches and super wiz..
    Yeah, childs play to use, but not even as strong as the yeti I use.

Cant see them being any stronger against any base than the yeti/icey/pekka/normal wiz I am using, and in no hurry to give them a whirl.

Fresh Spawn
    Just use QC Barch

Crab Claw
    Quote Originally Posted by joshsgrandad View Post
    His quakes split enough of the base to let the troops in.. His LL did its job of taking down the hall.. Then nothing.
    A measly 56% 2 star, using golem and ice golem, witches and super wiz..
    Yeah, childs play to use, but not even as strong as the yeti I use.

Cant see them being any stronger against any base than the yeti/icey/pekka/normal wiz I am using, and in no hurry to give them a whirl.
    The way you describe it makes it really look bad. But I guess for a 56% 2*, there is a whole lot that needs to go wrong for that to happen.
    It doesn't really tell me too much without a replay.

I mean I could easily find examples of Hybrid, Smash or Lalo looking like a complete joke. Does that mean those strategies are bad? I guess not.
    In the end a tool is only as good as the hands that wield it.

As I see it, the SW based attacks are still very well capable of beating a variety of different designs. And they outclass regular wizards in almost every way possible, even bowlers in many scenarios.
    If you don't want to use them, that's fine. But that doesn't mean it can't work well for others.

Forum Superstar
    First off, the title of this thread is misleading. It isnít skill vs spam, it is mass attack vs phased attack. Maas and phased attacks are equally valid and neither is inherently less skillful. The skill comes in when choosing the correct troops, the correct entry, the correct funneling and the correct pathing that is suited best for the base attacked.

As an example, we are presently in a 15v war with both sides having 13 TH13s (most are full max or close). Our opponent is very skillful and is a wizard at hybrid but is equally skilled at other attacks including mass attack and with a few attacks left to go has 8 triples on our TH13s. Normally using the same roster, we will see 2-4 triples against us and often times with the same attack strat as our present opponent is using. The difference is skill, not army strength, not our base layouts, nor whatever meta you choose to name.

At top TH maxed, it is not about dropping troops and taking a smoke break, there are too many factors that will derail a drop and pray methodology from getting a triple regardless of whether you use a mass attack or a phased attack. IMO, if you are getting smoked by mass attacks and your base is fully upgraded, it is likely that your design is mass attack friendly. If your base is getting smoked consistently by hybrid, it is likely that your base is hybrid friendly. If it gets smoked by sui lalo, thenit is likely thatyour design is suilalo friendly.

Additionally, play the odds. If 75% of your attackers are using a similar strategy, get a base design that isnt suited to that strat and accept that 1 in 4 attacks may triple you using something else. If every time you walk out your front door, some kid hits you with a snowball, how long should it take you to figure out that leaving by the backdoor is a better idea?
    Last edited by Tosti111; January 29th, 2021 at 05:06 PM.
    OP Defense: Any defense the poster doesnít like or know how to work around, nullifies their attack or denies them their rightful three star.