Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Skill vs spam

Quote Originally Posted by Piper139 View Post
    Several posters here do use it as a derogatory term and apparently find it offensive that less complicated attacks can also be successful. I do know the difference and my limitations. A queen charge hybrid in the right hands is arguably op. Queen, a few loons couple swb and boom a quarter of the base is gone as well as the cc. In the wrong hands, its a disaster. What annoys me is labeling everything but the most complex attacks as no skill spam. And calling for nerf after nerf. Just because they think it lets the plebes have some success.
    Imma guess they use 'spam' as a derogatory term because seeing someone drop ALL troops and spells in 1st 15 seconds of an attack and land a 3 star is somewhat deflating. People spend months, if not years, perfecting aq walk.. or the pathing of where the loons will go. As far as I know SC has always encouraged more complex attacks, so watching someone drop all their troops, go for a smoke break, come back at the end of the attack , a bit frustrating. I mean, watching these spam attacks vs bases with 3 multi target infernos, and still getting 3? Crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by bostone View Post
    Yes.. on the third stage of the attack u spam the hybrid..... ya got me...

BTW, am I the only one who is not bothered by super minions on defense? Just need to use a freeze on hhs and poison the sminions..
    Hmmm. Sometimes can b ok. But if it catches u off guard it will wreck ur queen. And that's the issue, the gap between success and failure is so small. Maybe it's different on a tablet. I only play on a phone. Everything is pretty small with lots going on already. Add rush troops that come out and make it had to even see the hh. Those super minions can get their 3 long range shots of each in no time. If u aren't ready there for the poison its almost game over.
    So 3 issues I see.
    1. Forces more than 1 spell.
    2. Margin for error between total disaster is too small.
    3. Issue gets worse as u go down ths.

Yeah, there r other attacks that it is less of an issue with. Some call them 'spam'.
    It almost seems odd that the ones hating the current s.wiz spam attack right now r also saying super minions on defense r just fine.

Imma guess they use 'spam' as a derogatory term because seeing someone drop ALL troops and spells in 1st 15 seconds of an attack and land a 3 star is somewhat deflating. People spend months, if not years, perfecting aq walk.. or the pathing of where the loons will go. As far as I know SC has always encouraged more complex attacks, so watching someone drop all their troops, go for a smoke break, come back at the end of the attack , a bit frustrating. I mean, watching these spam attacks vs bases with 3 multi target infernos, and still getting 3? Crazy.
    I get it. I have played several years, multiple accounts, main strat been qw. I'm no where near elite but can hold my own.
    A good qw can really set up an attack and control the tempo. Surprised it so many haters too. But it encourages multi phase and does require some skill.
    This is y I think its so odd that SC has sat on their hands with the s.minions on defense. Maybe I'm wrong but I'm sure many have swapped from qw to an easier attack because of them. Just like the ice golems, it seems quite obvious there is an issue here.

Centennial Club
    I use mass attacks or spam even before super minions. It is more fun for me so I don't bother to use more complicated attacks if the result is still the same.

BTW, am I the only one who is not bothered by super minions on defense? Just need to use a freeze on hhs and poison the sminions..
    No, I think the need for an extra spell is why people say it is so much stronger than most other combos they run into.

Imma guess they use 'spam' as a derogatory term because seeing someone drop ALL troops and spells in 1st 15 seconds of an attack and land a 3 star is somewhat deflating.
    If someone kept the same design after a day or two of seeing how that attack works they deserve to watch that design get 3 starred in my opinion. A simple base link copy from YouTube of a more spread out design results in that attack rarely getting three stars.

Contact SC here. Click here for how trophies are calculated. Click here to see how war map placement of max halls is determined. An idea to improve legends here. I wish max players had a separate loot bank as described here. Caution, I often discuss for the sake of discussion and enjoy having my opinion challenged (or approved of) even when I care little about the actual issue. My balance wish: get rid of tornado trap, make it a decoration.

And this is the kind of nonsense i find annoying. Sure. Maybe against bad bases. Even pre nerf, you couldn't just slap everything down and make a sandwich.
    sig by dharmaraj in sig shop
    Clan: MN ICE #8UCRP8CL
    IGN: Piper139 #2PQQR9Q22

Centennial Club
    the solution is to actually pull the CC with something else, blimp or sui bk. My clan mate does aq charge laloonian. Once you pull the CC and waste the minion long range shots, you can just poison it.

8.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #38
    Quote Originally Posted by Alextzh View Post
    the solution is to actually pull the CC with something else, blimp or sui bk. My clan mate does aq charge laloonian. Once you pull the CC and waste the minion long range shots, you can just poison it.
    Yes, if you can reasonably pull the CC with something else, that is definitely the best way to deal with it.

Sometimes that can be very hard, particularly in LL where you can't select your army based on the base you are attacking. For me, it is that long range attack that is the issue. If it is your AQ that triggers it, then you have about a second to get the poison down, or she is dead. It is the ONLY CC troop that can hit targets right at the edge of the trigger circle , and not only that, but it hits so hard that it will kill a full health queen with 5 healers on her with one salvo.

I still usually manage to deal with them OK nowadays, but you do have to be very alert, and prepared to use two spells. They are the CC troop I most dislike facing in LL.

Quote Originally Posted by 2222 View Post
    No, I think the need for an extra spell is why people say it is so much stronger than most other combos they run into.

If someone kept the same design after a day or two of seeing how that attack works they deserve to watch that design get 3 starred in my opinion. A simple base link copy from YouTube of a more spread out design results in that attack rarely getting three stars.
    Have u ever tried using a YouTube base in champ 1 or mid to high legends???! Have fun with that lol

The extra freeze is not the end ofnthe world... we have had 20 extra troops now for a while, I think that more than makes up for the 1 freeze..
    Last edited by bostone; January 25th, 2021 at 11:09 AM.

Pro Member
    I would agree that the 'spam' word is used derogatory sometimes. For me it would depend on deployment. At lower THs an army of mostly dragons would be effective if spells were used well. In one of our clan's recent wars, our TH 8 was attacked with this mass dragons, but all the dragons were dropped on the same spot with no attempt to funnel. That is when I would use the word spam.

Also, in Legends League I currently run a pekka, yeti, healer army. Normally I start with a GW walk into a King plus SB funnel to get the main attack into the core. Then CC hogs plus RC and heal to clean up some of the outside defenses. Yesterday there was a base that created the funnel for me, had the TH near the edge behind 1 wall and most heroes over there. First I dropped my sWB to open the TH then dropped the rest of my troops as fast as possible (except the RC and a few wiz). Most of this was in the first 15 seconds of my attack and it ended up tripling. It felt a little 'spammy' but it made sense because of the base design (and is definitely not the normal for my attacks). So I tend to wonder how many of the mass army type of attacks look like a spam attack because the base design defends poorly against it.