Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Tie breaker for Perfect wars

Centennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaledonian View Post
    TH13 is nothing like BB.

OP hasn't, IMO, convinced of the overwhelming need for a tiebreaker at all. You, if I'm reading this correctly, are talking about a 3rd level tiebreaker; in the name of all that's sacred, why? There does not absolutely have to be a winner every time, using multiple layers of tiebreakers, each of which requires coding!

If your clan, or any clan, cannot prevent being perfected, then you do not deserve to win. In other words, defend better or own the draw.
    talk is cheap. you aren't convinced. What is your clan? I can go and FC your bases and you can show me how they can defend... Won't that convince you? In a 40v40 war, all I need is to choose 4 bases to triple(I run two accounts) . I can probably triple 50% of your bases....

To me, the forum seems to be populated by some people who have no inkling about hit rates and the game mechanics in general. Even some of the moderators I feel and this is not healthy.

You just have to watch 10001 recent competitive 5v5 war recaps where the hit rate is 70-80%. And that is one hit 5v5 with only 5 bases to choose from. These people will say these are the top 0.000000000000000001% elite players and due to their own mediocrity refuse to believe that it is actually not that hard to triple in th13 nowadays.

These people will never understand how a 40v40 war with 2 hits, gives you plenty of base choices, plus replays for traps/cc will make it even so much easier. It is not hard for non pro clans to perfect these days and nothing in the base design can stop it.
    Last edited by Alextzh; January 27th, 2021 at 05:52 AM.

Centennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by 2222 View Post
    Perfect ties is about the only thing that stops the win streaks of the good engineering and perma-low maxing clans. They get 100% every time. The only lose their streak when they match a clan that does the same to them.

Getting 100% every time is an important part of their streak. Trying to match clans that don't do the same is another important part which is where the roster engineering comes in. That is for the engineering clans. As for the perma-maxing clans at lower halls, they match other clans that could also perfect score them all the time too. When you have a war of th9 and below, for example, 100% on both sides is not too hard.

I didn't say it favors one side or the other and don't know how you got that impression. Instead, what I said is it allows a clan to keep its streak going even if the other clan gets 100% against them. The low hall clans 100% ties are much more common than the one you experienced.

I've been a part of perfect 100% tied wars. That said, your comment that most have never seen it doesn't actually further your argument much. If it is as rare as you say, it also isn't a concern for SC to have to address.

I think the better change would to only apply it to wars where both clans have all full max accounts, though, again, the frequency at which those matches result in 100% ties is probably too low for SC to care much about.
    At the end of the day, a tiebreaker does not guarantee a win. It gives a loss and a win to the engineering clans. Granted they will have shorter win streaks but they will have more loses. I don't think this tiebreaker will encourage any clans to switch to engineering. Why should it?

Will a perfect draw discourage people to switch to engineering clans? I don't think so.

3.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #103
    Quote Originally Posted by George1971 View Post
    on this proposed...
    This tiebreaker, fastest attack on their #1

I consider that this 3rd level tiebreaker giving advantage to higher town halls is already known to be desired by SuperCell,
    There is NO 3rd level tiebreaker which is "known to be desired by Supercell".

We know that the behaviour we believe it would encourage is desired by Supercell, but that doesn't mean they have any interest at all in another level of tiebreak.

4.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #104
    Quote Originally Posted by Alextzh View Post
    talk is cheap. you aren't convinced. What is your clan? I can go and FC your bases and you can show me how they can defend... Won't that convince you? In a 40v40 war, all I need is to choose 4 bases to triple(I run two accounts) . I can probably triple 50% of your bases....

To me, the forum seems to be populated by some people who have no inkling about hit rates and the game mechanics in general. Even some of the moderators I feel and this is not healthy.
    You seem to be the one with "no inkling".

You are posting from only your own experience, as an ultra elite player.

We are posting based on the actual numbers.

You just have to watch 10001 recent competitive 5v5 war recaps where the hit rate is 70-80%. And that is one hit 5v5 with only 5 bases to choose from. These people will say these are the top 0.000000000000000001% elite players and due to their own mediocrity refuse to believe that it is actually not that hard to triple in th13 nowadays.
    Nothing to do with our own mediocrity. All to do with the actual numbers. The most obvious, and largest competitive wars are CWL, with (obviously) Champions 1 being at the top. There was an average hit rate of 42.3% there this month.

Not even remotely close to 70-80%.

These people will never understand how a 40v40 war with 2 hits, gives you plenty of base choices, plus replays for traps/cc will make it even so much easier. It is not hard for non pro clans to perfect these days and nothing in the base design can stop it.
    Utter rubbish.

The more you post here, the less your posts seem to have to do with reality in this game.
    Last edited by Ajax; January 27th, 2021 at 08:24 AM.

Centennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by joemann8478 View Post
    Enough already with the arrogant and pompous attitude.
    In several of your posts within this thread you have thrown out insults.
    Just stop.

If you want to convince people of the need for a tiebreaker in regular wars, drop the arrogant and pompous attitude.
    No one cares if you can triple bases left and right.

You come off as thinking and believing that you are the only one on these forums that understand the game mechanics, hit rates, etc., but you are sadly mistaken.

Honestly, your entire point has become meaningless due to your arrogant and pompous attitude. It's really difficult to have a discussion with someone who thinks and believes they know everything and that everyone else is an idiot.
    I don't think everyone is an idiot.

There are good suggestions too and I have come to accept that my initial suggestion of using number of hits to perfect has serious disadvantages, mainly it will discourage non-max attackers from participating in the war. If the suggestions are reasonable, I can see and accept it. I have stated previously and multiple times that suggestions given by posters in this thead "using results from the top few bases" is probably a better tiebreaker. See, I don't think everyone is an idiot

What is annoying is, there are some posters here who have zero experience with a perfect war tie and comment based on their zero understanding and don't change their views. Honestly, I don't think they will be convinced based on words, until they spectate a perfect war themselves and see there is nothing you can do on defense to prevent that.
    Last edited by Alextzh; January 27th, 2021 at 08:33 AM.

Centennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    Utter rubbish.

The more you post here, the less your posts seem to have to do with reality in this game.
    I was typing my reply to the guy who says there is something I can do to prevent getting perfected in a 2hit clan war when faced with a good clan (like the hunter clan).

Is that your reality in this game too???

Do you believe that there is something I can do with my base designs or upgrading that could prevent the enemy from getting perfect in a 2 hit war?

If there is, I won't start this thread at all. I mean you have seen my screen capture, we perfected the other guy with 14 hits to spare.
    Do you think we have crappy bases? Or they have crappy bases? sigh...

After 10 pages I am annoyed that there are still people who think one can avoid getting perfected when matched with a strong clan.

I was typing my reply to the guy who says there is something I can do to prevent getting perfected in a 2hit clan war when faced with a good clan (like the hunter clan).

Do you believe that there is something I can do with my base designs or upgrading that could prevent the enemy from getting perfect in a 2 hit war?

If there is, I won't start this thread at all. I mean you have seen my screen capture, we perfected the other guy with 14 hits to spare.

After 10 pages I am annoyed that there are still people who think one can avoid getting perfected when matched with a strong clan.
    Let's just wait when they tilt the balance to the defense. The forum has been bombarded recently with posts about how strong the offense of the game right now, nerf squads has been summoned and I've seen alot of numbers that make my brain hurts, but what I understand is the balance is in favor of offense, base designs nowadays are somehow useless for the amount of offense anyone can execute. It could also be the reason why, just my 2 cents.

8.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #108

It was mainly the "It is not hard for non pro clans to perfect these days " part I was responding to. The last part (about being able to do nothing to stop it) is only relevant if that was true, which it isn't.

BTW, we are only on page 3 (for me)

Centennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by maximooze007 View Post
    Let's just wait when they tilt the balance to the defense. The forum has been bombarded recently with posts about how strong the offense of the game right now, nerf squads has been summoned and I've seen alot of numbers that make my brain hurts, but what I understand is the balance is in favor of offense, base designs nowadays are somehow useless for the amount of offense anyone can execute. It could also be the reason why, just my 2 cents.
    Agreed that is why my suggestion of adding a tiebreaker is probably the better solution for the masses as it does not tweak with the overall balance. I kind of understand maybe SC wants TH13 to be easier for offense to make people upgrade to th13.

I am not even calling for a nerf although I would much prefer that. A nerf affect everyone differently and quite a lot. A tiebreaker for perfect wars honestly don't impact the masses at all and yet you see so many objections which I find bewildering and annoying sometimes

Forum All-Star
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    There is NO 3rd level tiebreaker which is "known to be desired by Supercell".

We know that the behaviour we believe it would encourage is desired by Supercell, but that doesn't mean they have any interest at all in another level of tiebreak.

wrong paraphrasing there.

“giving advantage to higher town halls is already known to be desired by SuperCell”. Widespread permamaxing at lower TH is bad for the game.