Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 124

  Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Tie breaker for Perfect wars

  1. #1
    Centennial Club
    Join Date
    Nov 2020
    Posts
    187

    Tie breaker for Perfect wars

    I think we should use the number of attacks used to hit Perfect in the event of a double perfect wars, ie how many attacks each clan used to achieve the perfect.

    EDIT: I think a better way might be use the number of defences (2star and below) by the top 5 TH of each clan as tiebreaker

    It should not end it draws and should allow a clan with a 70% hit rate to be declared a winner vs the opponent with a 51% hit rate.

    I mean even non-perfect wars that end in ties in stars (which mean both clans have very similar hit rates) are broken using average destruction.

    A perfect war tie is so broken as there is no meaning above a 50% hit rate which is very possible in current TH13 meta.

    If SC does not want to change the hit rate by balancing, they should at least add in a tiebreaker so that elite clans with higher than 50% hit rate can still compete fairly.
    Last edited by Alextzh; January 25th, 2021 at 11:06 PM.

  2. #2
    Forum Veteran SumoSloth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,778
    I disagree wholeheartedly with your idea. It penalizes clans who have their weaker players hit early. This idea will actually discourage weaker players from attacking at all. Your concerns consistently seem to be geared toward the very top percentage of players in the game, which is fair as that’s your perspective. However, the majority of the player base would feel negative effects from your idea. A tie is a tie. If you are one of the elite players in the game, you’d be much better served taking part exclusively in cwl and competitive war tournaments / leagues. I don’t know why you would continue to bother with the regular war scene as it seems to cause you nothing but frustration.
    Signature provided by Terminus Prime

  3. #3
    Centennial Club
    Join Date
    Nov 2020
    Posts
    187
    Quote Originally Posted by SumoSloth View Post
    I disagree wholeheartedly with your idea. It penalizes clans who have their weaker players hit early. This idea will actually discourage weaker players from attacking at all. Your concerns consistently seem to be geared toward the very top percentage of players in the game, which is fair as that’s your perspective. However, the majority of the player base would feel negative effects from your idea. A tie is a tie. If you are one of the elite players in the game, you’d be much better served taking part exclusively in cwl and competitive war tournaments / leagues. I don’t know why you would continue to bother with the regular war scene as it seems to cause you nothing but frustration.
    Let me ask you a question, have your clan ever perfected a war in the last 3 months? I am not even talking about double perfect.

    The tie breaker is only for PERFECT TIEs. Does it even apply to your clan??? If you don't play perfect wars, why would you even affect the way your clan plays??? I mean honestly, what is your clan chance of getting a perfect war? 0.1%? Are you going to hold attacks just in case you get perfect and your opponent perfect you?

    If you are in a clan getting perfect draws you won't be saying this... Clan wars are meant to be competitive and not a foregone conclusion.
    In my last war, even during prep day, I already posted I expected a perfect draw and true enough we did and both sides have hits to spare.

    I agree elite clans will treat close elite wars differently after this rule and allow the best attackers to go first. But is this worse than the current state of err "DRAW " ?

    common... you must have some logic right?
    Last edited by Alextzh; January 22nd, 2021 at 04:27 AM.

  4. #4
    Forum Hero BloodyIrishman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Ohio, USA
    Posts
    6,732
    If you're getting draws that often you, as a clan, should focus more on Leveling your bases, because I guarentee this isn't happening with an all TH13 lineup.

    Level 19
    - 14,655/23,500 | Champion II
    BloodyIrishman - TH13 [Level 222] - #2 in TH12 Hall of Fame
    Follow this link if you're interested in joining!

  5. #5
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    923
    If both clans get 100% destruction each, then it’s a draw.
    If you make the tie breaker based on attacks used, then the game is discouraging players from participating.
    Why would you make something that means the clan that didn’t participate as much wins?

    Clan:
    ClashAustralia! | Clan ID: #P0QG0C8J | IGN: VanSim | Discord: VanSim#7997
    Clan Lvl: 17 CWL: Masters II Clan Formed: 16/03/2015
    TH: TH12 | AQ: L65 | BK: 65 | GW 40 | Max Trophies: 4500+
    TH: TH12 | AQ: L65 | BK: 65 | GW 40 | Max Trophies: 3800+
    TH: TH13 | AQ: L75 | BK: 75 | GW 50 | RC: 25 | Max Trophies: 5400+

  6. #6
    Millennial Club maximooze007's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    1,315
    Uhm... I'm kinda confused as I don't care about win streaks, I only care about on new comers looking the war log and seeing my wars are decent with good ratio of win/lose, but if I understand this thing correctly, OP is whining about losing the streak because of draw right? will it make sense to not stop the streak if a draw is concluded? I mean its a "draw", it wasn't a concluded verdict as a victory or loss, no one won, no one lost.
    Just my 2 cents.
    Last edited by maximooze007; January 22nd, 2021 at 05:38 AM.

  7. #7
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    923
    Quote Originally Posted by maximooze007 View Post
    Uhm... I'm kinda confused as I don't care about win streaks, I only care about on new comers looking the war log and seeing my wars are decent with good ratio of win/lose, but if I understand this thing correctly, OP is whining about losing the streak because of draw right? will it make sense to not stop the streak if a draw is concluded? I mean its a "draw", it wasn't a concluded verdict as a victory or loss, no one won, no one lost.
    Just my 2 cents.
    Win streak is wins in a row... if you don’t win (Draw) then the run of wins ends.

    Clan:
    ClashAustralia! | Clan ID: #P0QG0C8J | IGN: VanSim | Discord: VanSim#7997
    Clan Lvl: 17 CWL: Masters II Clan Formed: 16/03/2015
    TH: TH12 | AQ: L65 | BK: 65 | GW 40 | Max Trophies: 4500+
    TH: TH12 | AQ: L65 | BK: 65 | GW 40 | Max Trophies: 3800+
    TH: TH13 | AQ: L75 | BK: 75 | GW 50 | RC: 25 | Max Trophies: 5400+

  8. #8
    Millennial Club maximooze007's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    1,315
    Quote Originally Posted by vansimon View Post
    Win streak is wins in a row... if you don’t win (Draw) then the run of wins ends.
    Ohh... make sense, "in a row"

  9. #9
    Centennial Club
    Join Date
    Nov 2020
    Posts
    187
    Quote Originally Posted by BloodyIrishman View Post
    If you're getting draws that often you, as a clan, should focus more on Leveling your bases, because I guarentee this isn't happening with an all TH13 lineup.
    .... I don't even know how to reply to this...

  10. #10
    Centennial Club
    Join Date
    Nov 2020
    Posts
    187
    Quote Originally Posted by maximooze007 View Post
    Uhm... I'm kinda confused as I don't care about win streaks, I only care about on new comers looking the war log and seeing my wars are decent with good ratio of win/lose, but if I understand this thing correctly, OP is whining about losing the streak because of draw right? will it make sense to not stop the streak if a draw is concluded? I mean its a "draw", it wasn't a concluded verdict as a victory or loss, no one won, no one lost.
    Just my 2 cents.
    my clan mates is op. With the current meta, there is about 0.01% chance we will lose a clan war. Not because we are the BEST in the world but because we can hit with more than 50% hit rate.

    We run 36Th13 and 4Th12 and maybe 25 of the th13 are fully maxed.

    Honestly I don't mind losing the streak as we are not the best in the world. The issue is losing to an less skilled clan just because the opponent can perfect which is quite possible nowadays
    Last edited by Alextzh; January 22nd, 2021 at 06:50 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •