Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Clan Games January 2021 - Details Here

i just logged off for a period of time and nothing changed, so never mind. but it definitely refreshed last night, there were several tasks including an 1000 pt one that i was going to do today, all gone.
    and again there is no one else in my clan that's playing... still only 175 points on the board which was the only task i completed....

Quote Originally Posted by JusMe View Post
    I have several toons in a clan where we don't do CG (we max 'em in our other clans) and nothing has changed there - and I've been offline with these toons for long enough... Checked/opened the games twice in that clan, no change

Something I'm noticing more than I did before is that the board isn't the same for everyone. We used to have this 'rule' that said 'hey the task left top is the oldest one, delete it if you go offline without an active task' but we can't do this anymore since with 4 accounts in the clan I see the tasks in 4 different orders on the board. Very annoying. It completely takes the 'clan effort' thing out of the equation. That simply should be changed so people can actually try and work together to get the tasks off the board that need to be taken off.

the task left top is the oldest one
    This has been a problem in the last few clan games. The new tasks appear anywhere on the board after a while.

3.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #53
    I have several toons in a clan where we don't do CG (we max 'em in our other clans) and nothing has changed there - and I've been offline with these toons for long enough... Checked/opened the games twice in that clan, no change

Something I'm noticing more than I did before is that the board isn't the same for everyone. We used to have this 'rule' that said 'hey the task left top is the oldest one, delete it if you go offline without an active task' but we can't do this anymore since with 4 accounts in the clan I see the tasks in 4 different orders on the board. Very annoying. It completely takes the 'clan effort' thing out of the equation. That simply should be changed so people can actually try and work together to get the tasks off the board that need to be taken off.
    I don't see why it takes the "clan effort" out of the equation.

It does make it slightly harder to describe which task should be trashed, but only slightly. You just say "trash the 100 point bomb tower task" or the "175 point gold task".

I'd also say that in our clan, it isn't necessarily the oldest tasks that get deleted, it is ones that nobody wants to do. We don't wait for them to become the oldest.

I liked when board gets refreshed while we were offline
    New cg are harder for clan like our were players have different time zones, we still manage to complete cg but saying its fun, I highly doubt anyone in my clan enjoying

Saw there was a rune of gold as reward on the early preview, so I used a bunch of them on my bases, thinking I would get a new one. Without the rune of gold, these rewards are really bad. Cant remember the last time there was only one book with no main village rune. Its bad enough they moved to a one book per CC pattern. Theres was always a rune of gold/elixir/DE to somewhat compensate.

I know all the gold pass users dont care much, and these are just gems for them either way. But some of us peon depend on CCs for the rare book or rune to somewhat keep up. Said they were going to compensate with generous rewards over the next few weeks - thats rather vague. Dont think they have ever given a MV rune on an event.

Quote Originally Posted by Darian[Supercell] View Post
    We're not sure where the change occurred. Unfortunately, implementing the originally previewed rewards would require a global maintenance for it, which is not an easy thing to do.

I have updated the CG rewards post on the first page to reflect the new rewards. Our apologies on the mix up. :-(
    Imo Should mention on first page
    Quote Originally Posted by Garama View Post
    snip
    Last edited by Powerpunch; January 23rd, 2021 at 07:39 AM.

Clan games rewards are disappointing

Extremely disappointing that supercell is still giving rewards related to builder base in higher tiers of clan games. They are giving those builder base resources and sometimes runes in season challenges, and sometimes builder runes are there in events also, then what's the need to give them in clan games? They could have given only one builder rune and other normal rune, but this time both are builder runes. Builder base has become secondary, is it needed to give both runes related to it? Many others may also be feeling same... I also know that it is completely upto supercell to decide what rewards they want to give, but still they should think on this topic. BOTH RUNES SHOULDN'T HAVE BEEN BUILDER RUNES.

They wanted a builder elixir rune and a normal gold rune. It was an mistake to make both runes for the builder base but now they can't change it.

They can't change it... come on, does anyone believe that ? It might be complicated, but there's no way it *can't* be done. If they cared, they would fix it.
    Last edited by obarthelemy; January 24th, 2021 at 09:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by obarthelemy View Post
    They can't change it... come on, does anyone believe that ? It might be complicated, but there's no way it *can't* be done. If they cared, they would fix it.
    'can't' is a big thing here.... The issue is that somehow other rewards than those linked by Darian at first have made it in the game. This was discovered when the games were already live. Darian (check his posts here) was also taken by surprise.

I think a 'complicating' factor here is the fact that, after clan games start, everyone who opens the caravan, is locked to those rewards. This is significant because for instance for the loot rewards, it takes a percentage of your treasury capacity at the time of that first moment you open the games. That is all recorded somewhere to give you the visual notion of what you'll get.

[For newer forumites/players: the capacity changes with clan level, for instance. If you do clan games in a lvl10+ clan and try to collect your rewards after hopping to a level 1 clan, you'll get an error message that the loot doesn't fit in your treasury - you then can't collect that reward until you go back to a higher level clan and your treasury is 'resized'.... and yes, after you hop again your treasury will be overflowing]

Would I have liked to see things being handled differently? Yes.
    Do I think they could (for instance) have at least changed the rune? I certainly would have liked that (although I would have preferred the lix one myself for quite a few of my bases).

In itself their 'we will have more events in the next weeks where you can get other rewards' is nice, but I always try to make some extra time for the clan games that I often don't have available outside of that window, especially when CWL is going on... so I most likely won't be able to get most of the rewards for my (too many, I know, CoC-a-holic) bases....

Am I disappointed about that? A little. Are my clannies? You betcha.

Thankfully the sky will still be there, hopefully some sun too. Yes, in our clans quite a few people have stated they are disappointed with the rewards, and not all of my clannies will be able to work on those extra events either... but we'll still go on with all those other things that matter.