Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Clan Games January 2021 - Details Here

Now you get yourself an example of paradox in life.

Quote Originally Posted by Warios View Post
    Maybe as some have posted, there are just too many magic items offered in the game these days to make CG rewards seem special.

Prior to CG and CWL, if I was offered the following it would feel like Christmas once a month.

I'll break it down by tier of what my choices would be.

Tier 1, 24 hours of lab time, helps with the biggest bottleneck in the game.
    Tier 2, double resource production for a day, not great but about the loot from a raid or two.
    Tier 3, builder potion, 45 - 54 hours of free build time for busy builders.
    Tier 4, shovel to move those special obstacles,
    Tier 5, builder potions, 90-108 free build time
    Tier 6, book of building, 16 free builder days at th13

And if you hit 4000 points a chance to grab 100 gems as well.

I've rarely go out of my way to play the game differently when CG are going on, picking tasks that I can complete with my normal raids and I can usually get my 4000 points. It might take me 4-5 days, but who cares, can't collect anything till the event is over anyways.

It's just too easy to come by magic items in game for people to appreciate all that is offered Imo.
    They want to keep the exponential economy to milk the 5% of whales that spend a lot of money to beat the clock and make their lives easier. They need a regular shower of magic items to keep the regular players invested in the game, otherwise it becomes even more pay-to-win (or pay-to-compete, which is the same). TH13 alone is 5 years (so, 1 year w/ 5 builders) w/o any boosts, research 1.5. They need to give us freebies to keep us on the upgrade treadmill.

Quote Originally Posted by obarthelemy View Post
    They want to keep the exponential economy to milk the 5% of whales that spend a lot of money to beat the clock and make their lives easier. They need a regular shower of magic items to keep the regular players invested in the game, otherwise it becomes even more pay-to-win (or pay-to-compete, which is the same). TH13 alone is 5 years (so, 1 year w/ 5 builders) w/o any boosts, research 1.5. They need to give us freebies to keep us on the upgrade treadmill.
    I calculated it with the conditions nowdays:
    Needed to TH13 level from TH12:
    1 492 378 400 G
    601 000 000 E
    13 565 000 DE
    1 800 000 000 Wall
    2 132,09 Build Time [d]
    355,00 Build Time with 6 Builders [d]
    501,50 Lab Time [d]

The resources are no deal (just the time is crucial) - and I always finish the walls in the same time (or earlier), since I cannot drop G E for any other.
    Unfortunately, the DE is really garbage at the end.
    If I do not count with books, the LMs of CWL will help to do Lab things more than 2 times (~240 LM/month: 2 Hammer=2*16 days)

P.S.:
    I recognized the Book of Builder Gold CG reward just now... Hurrah, this is the most wonderful mistake - for me, since the Builder Base is a very slow process for me

Finding 35-point challenges is the bane of my clash existence!!! found one early, not another since...of course now, 70-pointers pop up!!! There is a 1000-pointer on the board waiting for me as soon as the unicorn appears...kind clan mates saving it for me.

Spent a lot of gems last night trashing tasks and gemming cooldown...what a cash grab!!!

Now, I wait...take challenge, trash, and wait....take challenge, trash, and wait...

Quote Originally Posted by Berg39 View Post
    Finding 35-point challenges is the bane of my clash existence!!! found one early, not another since...of course now, 70-pointers pop up!!! There is a 1000-pointer on the board waiting for me as soon as the unicorn appears...kind clan mates saving it for me.

Spent a lot of gems last night trashing tasks and gemming cooldown...what a cash grab!!!

Now, I wait...take challenge, trash, and wait....take challenge, trash, and wait...
    make a mini account. Those are very helpful in a variety of ways.

Quote Originally Posted by obarthelemy View Post
    make a mini account. Those are very helpful in a variety of ways.
    Oh, Baby Berg has been busy...well, not that busy...start task, trash, wait...start task, trash, wait...