Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 51

  Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: clan war win streak? does it matter to you

  1. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    387
    i do care because we are a mixed clan with just a few th13s, and we can win most wars when all goes well (and when the matchmaker wasnt too far off). our best was 28 some years ago, now we barely make it to 10.

    we are a family of clans and it s a bit of a private competition (who got the longest streak, haha). all of us are into fair play and more or less free play and more or less casual, so it s really about fun, and not about who s the best engineer or cheater...

    having said that: a long win streak is a burden. you dont want to be reset to zero when you are a bit higher than usual. self-made pressure kicks in, the mood in the clan goes down, some players stop doing wars (they are afraid they arent "good enough" and would spoil the streak, etc)...

    thus, while a few years ago i was in for an ever-lasting win streak, nowadays i am happy when it gets reset every now and then... (but it still hurts, haha).

  2. #12
    it would be awesome if supercell add just one feature in the clan description area, "the highest War Win Streak" rather than normal war win streak which actually reset every time you lose a war.

  3.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Alextzh View Post
    We run 36 th13 and 4 th12. Some idiot planted a mole and hunted us.

    The point is once you are reaching perfect wars, there isnt anything you can do to win the war.
    This is true, but among clans running more than 10v wars, it affects a vanishingly small proportion of clans.

  4. #14
    Centennial Club
    Join Date
    Nov 2020
    Posts
    187
    I honestly think SC should break the draw by the number of attacks used to reach perfect.

    It is a simple change and it solves this problem. I don't like it that any clan can hunt you and break your streak even though our hit rate is significantly higher. They just need to perfect which they are trending towards.

    If SC intends to keep the meta of TH13 at current level, the least they could do is to introduce something to solve the perfect war problem.

    It sucks when you spend the time putting in new bases, planning your hits, getting a better hit rate than the opponent and still nothing stops them for getting the mere 50% to perfect.
    Last edited by Alextzh; January 21st, 2021 at 09:52 AM.

  5. #15
    Millennial Club
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Posts
    1,311
    Quote Originally Posted by Alextzh View Post
    I honestly think SC should break the draw by the number of attacks used to reach perfect.

    It is a simple change and it solves this problem. I don't like it that any clan can hunt you and break your streak even though our hit rate is significantly higher. They just need to perfect which they are trending towards.

    If SC intends to keep the meta of TH13 at current level, the least they could do is to introduce something to solve the perfect war problem.

    It sucks when you spend the time putting in new bases, planning your hits, getting a better hit rate than the opponent and still nothing stops them for getting the mere 50% to perfect.
    That would be a bad idea, because it will give significant advantage or disadvantage to some countries depending which country you are matched against. Many of the Clans are still consist of players across the globe and should still be allowed to attack during their preferred time, not rushing within first few hours of war.
    Clan War is not a time race, it isn't about who reach finish line faster.

    If you really spend time on new bases (and good ones), have better hit rates, that two conditions already stop them from getting a Draw. If it's still ends in a Draw, then apparently your opponent put in equal or possibly more effort than your Clan did and deservedly get a Draw. What made you think your clan spend more effort than your opponent when you have no idea how things happen inside your opponent clans?
    Last edited by Mercfovia87; January 21st, 2021 at 10:30 AM.

  6.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Mercfovia87 View Post
    That would be a bad idea, because it will give significant advantage or disadvantage to some countries depending which country you are matched against. Many of the Clans are still consist of players across the globe and should still be allowed to attack during their preferred time, not rushing within first few hours of war.
    Clan War is not a time race, it isn't about who reach finish line faster.
    He didn't mention time. He said number of attacks.

    Still a rubbish idea to "solve" a virtually non-existent problem.

    If your bases aren't good enough to prevent an opposing clan perfecting you, then you don't deserve the win. There is absolutley no need for a tiebreaker when both clans have a perfect war.

  7. #17
    Centennial Club
    Join Date
    Nov 2020
    Posts
    187
    Quote Originally Posted by Mercfovia87 View Post
    That would be a bad idea, because it will give significant advantage or disadvantage to some countries depending which country you are matched against. Many of the Clans are still consist of players across the globe and should still be allowed to attack during their preferred time, not rushing within first few hours of war.
    Clan War is not a time race, it isn't about who reach finish line faster.

    If you really spend time on new bases (and good ones), have better hit rates, that two conditions already stop them from getting a Draw. If it's still ends in a Draw, then apparently your opponent put in equal or possibly more effort than your Clan did and deservedly get a Draw. What made you think your clan spend more effort than your opponent when you have no idea how things happen inside your opponent clans?
    ??? errr... because we have a better hit rate than the opponent clan??? that proves we are more skillful and spend more time on our bases and should be rewarded.

    if you look at Clan war, it is mainly a competition decided by hit rate with the clan with the higher hit rate winning the wars. Unfortunately, the measurement stops at 50% when you perfect... so what is wrong with using number of attacks used to break a tie?

  8. #18
    Centennial Club
    Join Date
    Nov 2020
    Posts
    187
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    He didn't mention time. He said number of attacks.

    Still a rubbish idea to "solve" a virtually non-existent problem.

    If your bases aren't good enough to prevent an opposing clan perfecting you, then you don't deserve the win. There is absolutley no need for a tiebreaker when both clans have a perfect war.
    after reading your many replies, I have come to the conclusion on how you play COC is very different from how I play it. I am pretty sure I am not the only one having this problem.

    I thought they already have the rule in that time used in attack to break the tie for competition? so it shows it is a problem. But I thought that rule restricts the variety of attacks to certain strats which is kind of boring. They have to do that because competition is one hit wars so perfect means 100% hit rate and isn't any higher hit rate to measure.

    I mean if people can perfect 5v5 one hit, it is really not that hard to perfect 40v40 2hit....
    Last edited by Alextzh; January 21st, 2021 at 10:53 AM.

  9. #19
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    387
    above i did not mention that we always run 10v10 or 15v15 wars. in our whole actual war log there has never been a clan that made it perfect against us. (that s the last 50 wars or so).

    i have never seen a perfect tie in our 6 years of permanent war. not sure what we are doing differently...

  10. #20
    Millennial Club
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    1,040
    Quote Originally Posted by Alextzh View Post
    ??? errr... because we have a better hit rate than the opponent clan??? that proves we are more skillful and spend more time on our bases and should be rewarded.

    if you look at Clan war, it is mainly a competition decided by hit rate with the clan with the higher hit rate winning the wars. Unfortunately, the measurement stops at 50% when you perfect... so what is wrong with using number of attacks used to break a tie?
    How does a better hit rate mean you are more skillful?
    What if the opponent clan used a lower level th to scout one of your 13s?
    Your idea would essentially ruin clans using scout attacks and force clans to try to get as many star as possible with as few attacks as possible, which sounds something like, oh I don't know.....CWL perhaps!

    So you want to ruin a perfectly viable strat (scout attacks) and essentially make normal wars very similar to CWL.
    Not really a good idea in my opinion.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •