Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 51

  Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: clan war win streak? does it matter to you

  1.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #21
    Quote Originally Posted by Alextzh View Post
    after reading your many replies, I have come to the conclusion on how you play COC is very different from how I play it. I am pretty sure I am not the only one having this problem.
    I'm sure you aren't. But I am equally sure that we are only talking about a few hundred players out of 30 million+

    And certainly the level at which I play (and the vast majority do) is very different from yours.

    I thought they already have the rule in that time used in attack to break the tie for competition? so it shows it is a problem. But I thought that rule restricts the variety of attacks to certain strats which is kind of boring. They have to do that because competition is one hit wars so perfect means 100% hit rate and isn't any higher hit rate to measure.

    I mean if people can perfect 5v5 one hit, it is really not that hard to perfect 40v40 2hit....
    Very very few indeed can perfect 5v5 one hit. I would be willing to bet that the number of clans perfecting 40v40 two hit with mainly Th13s is no higher.

    In knockout competition, you have to have some form of tiebreaker, as you have to decide who will progress to the next round, or win the competition overall. In regular wars, this just isn't needed. And that has to be set up before the competition, no matter how unlikely the need for it, so setting it up doesn't really prove there are enough ties for it to be a problem. I don't actually recall there being any perfect ties in ESL championships. I don't take an interest in ohers so wouldn't really know.

    Your suggestion would be fairer than time, but would still take effort from SC for a ridiculously small number of affected clans.

  2. #22
    Centennial Club
    Join Date
    Nov 2020
    Posts
    187
    Quote Originally Posted by joemann8478 View Post
    How does a better hit rate mean you are more skillful?
    What if the opponent clan used a lower level th to scout one of your 13s?
    Your idea would essentially ruin clans using scout attacks and force clans to try to get as many star as possible with as few attacks as possible, which sounds something like, oh I don't know.....CWL perhaps!

    So you want to ruin a perfectly viable strat (scout attacks) and essentially make normal wars very similar to CWL.
    Not really a good idea in my opinion.
    .... you do know that the tiebreaker will only be in effect for perfect wars....
    Does this change impact your clan? Honestly i dont think so.

    For clans that are affected, i am pretty sure they would want a tiebreaker. The only thing that it impacts is scouting upwards, it addes one more strategy element.

  3.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #23
    Quote Originally Posted by ombre View Post
    above i did not mention that we always run 10v10 or 15v15 wars. in our whole actual war log there has never been a clan that made it perfect against us. (that s the last 50 wars or so).

    i have never seen a perfect tie in our 6 years of permanent war. not sure what we are doing differently...
    What you are doing differently is being a normal player, not one of the ultra-elite top 0.01%.

    Most clans hardly ever have a perfect war either for or against, so the chances of a perfect tie for most clans in so small as to be meaningless.

    I think your clan and ours are far more typical. We have been perfected once, and had none ourselves, in 494 wars. So if we assume an average clan will be getting 1 in 500, that would mean the chance of any war being a perfect tie would be 1 in (500 * 500), which is 1 in 250,000.

    Even if you war back to back, that means on average one every 342 years.

  4. #24
    Centennial Club
    Join Date
    Nov 2020
    Posts
    187
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    What you are doing differently is being a normal player, not one of the ultra-elite top 0.01%.

    Most clans hardly ever have a perfect war either for or against, so the chances of a perfect tie for most clans in so small as to be meaningless.

    I think your clan and ours are far more typical. We have been perfected once, and had none ourselves, in 494 wars. So if we assume an average clan will be getting 1 in 500, that would mean the chance of any war being a perfect tie would be 1 in (500 * 500), which is 1 in 250,000.

    Even if you war back to back, that means on average one every 342 years.
    Our clan were hunted... a spy joined and leaked our spin time and th comp. it is not by chance. There are hunter clans that go around doing this.

    I dont mind being hunted, but i want a fair fight, not a winless draw. The hunter clan usually is just a shell clan for the players to gather so they dont care about the loss
    Last edited by Alextzh; January 21st, 2021 at 11:56 AM.

  5. #25
    Millennial Club
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    1,065
    Quote Originally Posted by Alextzh View Post
    .... you do know that the tiebreaker will only be in effect for perfect wars....
    Does this change impact your clan? Honestly i dont think so.

    For clans that are affected, i am pretty sure they would want a tiebreaker. The only thing that it impacts is scouting upwards, it addes one more strategy element.
    How many perfect ties has your clan had out of how many wars?
    I like how you ask if this change would impact my clan then answer by saying you don't think so....how do you know? You know not what clan I'm in, how often we war, etc. so forth and so on.
    I would caution you not to presume or assume anything about anyone on these, or any, forum.

    Only SC has the data on how often perfect wars from both clans happen. If that data shows that perfect wars happens quite often, then you can expect SC to add in a tie-breaker.
    My guess is that perfect wars are the exception and not the norm and that they happen so infrequently that SC has determined not to add in a tie breaker.

    There are millions of players worldwide and potentially 10s of thousands of wars per week. My guess is that less than 1% of those wars are perfect ties. In fact, I'd even go so far as to say that probably .001% of wars per week are perfect ties.
    However, that is just a guess as I don't have the data.

  6. #26
    I care about win streaks, but not as much as overall win-loss record. I think we have 5 losses on the board, so 45-5 in our last 50. I'd rather be 45-5 with no good win streaks than 40-10 with a really good win streak in there. However, keeping a good streak going is fun. It raises the excitement of the wars as the streak goes. I agree with OP in that sense. War win streaks are fun. For those who say they don't care, I recommend experiencing a few

    I don't agree with OPs proposed "tie breaker," though. While he thinks of it in terms of all th13 wars, perfect ties in all th13 wars happens very rarely in terms of percentage of wars. Instead, the proposed change would much more often impact lower wars, including clans who intentionally keep their halls low, engineer, roster engineer, etc. While I think it is a better tie breaker than the often suggested "attack time," I still don't like it.
    Last edited by 2222; January 21st, 2021 at 03:12 PM.

    Contact SC here. Click here for how trophies are calculated. Click here to see how war map placement of max halls is determined. An idea to improve legends here. I wish max players had a separate loot bank as described here. Caution, I often discuss for the sake of discussion and enjoy having my opinion challenged (or approved of) even when I care little about the actual issue. My balance wish: get rid of tornado trap, make it a decoration.

  7. #27
    Forum Contender joshsgrandad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    NE England, UK.
    Posts
    4,809
    Quote Originally Posted by Alextzh View Post
    We run 36 th13 and 4 th12. Some idiot planted a mole and hunted us.

    The point is once you are reaching perfect wars, there isnt anything you can do to win the war.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alextzh View Post
    Our clan were hunted... a spy joined and leaked our spin time and th comp. it is not by chance. There are hunter clans that go around doing this.

    I dont mind being hunted, but i want a fair fight, not a winless draw. The hunter clan usually is just a shell clan for the players to gather so they dont care about the loss
    There is a price to pay for fame..
    You are in the enviable position of having amassed a considerable number of players of high enough caliber to make your clan a force to be reckoned with..
    But as with any clan that exceeds normal expectations within the game, it draws attention from others with a different view towards having fun..
    And those players tend to be of the highest caliber too.

    Hence hunter clans..
    Their fun and fame is gained by destroying win streaks of other clans..
    What better way to brag than to mock the abrupt end to that green log.
    So you are correct, they dont care about winning, as the goal is to stop the other guys, not to advance themselves..
    It is common place with streaker clans.

    But instead of insisting that the game mechanics should be changed, all you need do is increase your security..
    With streakers, the top clan is 558 straight wins, and that takes years to build..
    What they dont do, is open the doors to all and sundry..
    A clan builds and improves by adding to the skill set already available, but a stringent vetting process has to be in operation before anyone gets anywhere near being on the inside.

    i dont see any difference between them and yourselves, except for play style..
    The game is fine the way it is, in my view, and indeed better for it so far as streaker clans go, since a perfect draw is the only realistic way of snapping that streak.

  8. #28
    Forum Elder Thegreatpuma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Druidia
    Posts
    2,592
    Quote Originally Posted by Alextzh View Post
    We run 36 th13 and 4 th12. Some idiot planted a mole and hunted us.

    The point is once you are reaching perfect wars, there isnt anything you can do to win the war.
    Nor should there be. Ties are a fact of life, and a tie is not a win. I will applaud the humble seeming brag post though. nice work.
    Last edited by Thegreatpuma; January 21st, 2021 at 06:33 PM.
    TMBG War Clan always recruiting - Wars with TH9-13
    TMBG Discord server:
    https://discord.gg/byNR2xZ
    TH11 - Doctor Worm 50/50/20 heroes/near max d
    TH12 - doug 65/65/40 heroes

  9. #29
    Centennial Club
    Join Date
    Nov 2020
    Posts
    187
    Quote Originally Posted by joshsgrandad View Post
    There is a price to pay for fame..
    You are in the enviable position of having amassed a considerable number of players of high enough caliber to make your clan a force to be reckoned with..
    But as with any clan that exceeds normal expectations within the game, it draws attention from others with a different view towards having fun..
    And those players tend to be of the highest caliber too.

    Hence hunter clans..
    Their fun and fame is gained by destroying win streaks of other clans..
    What better way to brag than to mock the abrupt end to that green log.
    So you are correct, they dont care about winning, as the goal is to stop the other guys, not to advance themselves..
    It is common place with streaker clans.

    But instead of insisting that the game mechanics should be changed, all you need do is increase your security..
    With streakers, the top clan is 558 straight wins, and that takes years to build..
    What they dont do, is open the doors to all and sundry..
    A clan builds and improves by adding to the skill set already available, but a stringent vetting process has to be in operation before anyone gets anywhere near being on the inside.

    i dont see any difference between them and yourselves, except for play style..
    The game is fine the way it is, in my view, and indeed better for it so far as streaker clans go, since a perfect draw is the only realistic way of snapping that streak.
    the top clan probably do something really weird... maybe they war with themselves? Or heavy engineered.


    Do you think it is easy to get into my clan?
    I don't think it is possible to stop the determined spy and I don't mind being hunted actually. I also don't mind losing the streak if the opponent clan is better in skill and hit rate.

    What pisses me off is that the streak is gone even IF my clan is more skillful than the opponent clan. Why should this be so? There is just no logic to this.

    Anyway, we just got a perfect war already with hits to spare on both sides... I did not count how many hits we took but I think we used less hits.
    Last edited by Alextzh; January 21st, 2021 at 09:43 PM.

  10. #30
    Centennial Club
    Join Date
    Nov 2020
    Posts
    187
    Quote Originally Posted by 2222 View Post
    I care about win streaks, but not as much as overall win-loss record. I think we have 5 losses on the board, so 45-5 in our last 50. I'd rather be 45-5 with no good win streaks than 40-10 with a really good win streak in there. However, keeping a good streak going is fun. It raises the excitement of the wars as the streak goes. I agree with OP in that sense. War win streaks are fun. For those who say they don't care, I recommend experiencing a few

    I don't agree with OPs proposed "tie breaker," though. While he thinks of it in terms of all th13 wars, perfect ties in all th13 wars happens very rarely in terms of percentage of wars. Instead, the proposed change would much more often impact lower wars, including clans who intentionally keep their halls low, engineer, roster engineer, etc. While I think it is a better tie breaker than the often suggested "attack time," I still don't like it.
    are you arguing for the sake of arguing? If you are arguing that perfect wars are more common, then you think is it not a problem???
    What is fun in a game that ends in perfect wars???

    I mean from yesterday before war start I already know we will get a perfect war. How is that not something to be fixed?

    I can't imagine any clans that are actually INVOLVED in a perfect war will like the ending except maybe the hunter clans.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •