Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: clan war win streak? does it matter to you

Quote Originally Posted by Thegreatpuma View Post
    Nor should there be. Ties are a fact of life, and a tie is not a win. I will applaud the humble seeming brag post though. nice work.
    I can only really reiterate this.

What's being suggested about a clan's history being used as a tiebreaker is just blatantly open to abuse. It'd also definitely cause a lowering in the perceived 'fairness' of the outcome of a war.

Besides, if you want to get into the 100s of streaks, you do serious, controlled roster manicuring instead of showing up with maxed or near maxed 13s. If you do the latter you'll eventually run into the perfect ties before 100-200 streaks.
    Just finished CWL? Post your data here:

https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...ght-compendium

dont underestimate the power of bragging rights

played clash of clans for 3 years...or was it 4? Signature courtesy of terminus prime and his shop
    my main account: https://www.clash.ninja/stats-tracke...ctor-9990lcc2p
    my clan thread: https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...nation-clan%21

Win Streak dont matter much for us .We just look at win streaks of opponents in CWL group of know what to expect of them.
    For eg.In this month CWL in our Champs 1, two clans had win streak of 50+.So we knew what to expect from them and they didn't surprise us as One clan ended with 68% HR and the other with 60%.

Great minds think alike,but fools seldom differ.

Youtube : Rak Gaming CoC
    Twitter : @Rak_coc
    Discord: Rak#2304

Centennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Rak2180 View Post
    Win Streak dont matter much for us .We just look at win streaks of opponents in CWL group of know what to expect of them.
    For eg.In this month CWL in our Champs 1, two clans had win streak of 50+.So we knew what to expect from them and they didn't surprise us as One clan ended with 68% HR and the other with 60%.
    If these two clans meet each other , both will lose their streak irrespective of skill level.

Is this what sc really wanted?? I mean surely the better outcome would be the more skillful team keep its streak built up over many months.

Centennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Munitor View Post
    I can only really reiterate this.

What's being suggested about a clan's history being used as a tiebreaker is just blatantly open to abuse. It'd also definitely cause a lowering in the perceived 'fairness' of the outcome of a war.

Besides, if you want to get into the 100s of streaks, you do serious, controlled roster manicuring instead of showing up with maxed or near maxed 13s. If you do the latter you'll eventually run into the perfect ties before 100-200 streaks.
    ? I am not even sure what you are talking about. Nobody suggested that.

The suggestion is in the event of a perfect war tie, the number of attacks used in that war to hit perfect is used aas tiebreaker.

Common, i dont see what is so different with this vs using average destruction to break a stars tie. It is common sense not to have wars end in draw.

If u look at it a non perfect war that end in a tie in stars shows the clan are more evenly matched than a perfect war tie. This is because both clans used up all their attacks and can only hit the same stars. A perfect war tie is totally stupid as one clan could have like 20 attacks left and still tie with the other clan that used up all hits just to get perfect.

Forum Elder
    You are missing the main point. Skill is measured based on stars first then %. There is nothing else to measure skill by based on the parameters defined.

Ties happen all the time in many many competitions and are accepted as part of normal play and is a valid outcome of a competition. Streaks are correctly not considered as part of any competitive play for ranking and are merely a byproduct or an interesting statistic. I cannot think of anything that determines a winner based on streak but i can think of many things that are determined based on win/lose/draw performance.

We get it, you don’t like it but that does not mean it has to change just because of your irritation.
    Last edited by Tosti111; January 22nd, 2021 at 12:12 AM.
    OP Defense: Any defense the poster doest’t like or know how to work around, nullifies their attack or denies them their rightful three star.

Centennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Tosti111 View Post
    You are missing the main point. Skill is measured based on stars first then %. There is nothing else to measure skill by based on the parameters defined.

Ties happen all the time in many many competitions and are accepted as part of normal play and is a valid outcome of a competition. Streaks are correctly not considered as part of any competitive play for ranking and are merely a byproduct or an interesting statistic. I cannot think of anything that determines a winner based on streak but i can think of many things that are determined based on win/lose/draw performance.

We get it, you don’t like it but that does not mean it has to change just because of your irritation.
    You are not even reading my argument. A non perfect tie in stars shows the clans are evenly matched on hit rate and if anything, that should be a draw. A perfect tie does not show anything in terms of skill or whether the clans are evenly matched.

It is like playing soccer with a cap of the number of goals scored to 3. It does not matter if one side managed to score three goals in the first 30 mins and then proceed to score 3 more. As long as the other team score 3 in 90 minutes, its a draw.

This is literallg what is happening, the game does not care if my clan hit rate is 70%, i will still draw with a clan of 50% hit rate.
    Last edited by Alextzh; January 22nd, 2021 at 12:30 AM.

Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by Alextzh View Post
    You are not even reading my argument. A non perfect tie in stars shows the clans are evenly matched on hit rate and if anything, that should be a draw. A perfect tie does not show anything in terms of skill or whether the clans are evenly matched.

It is like playing soccer with a cap of the number of goals scored to 3. It does not matter if one side managed to score three goals in the first 30 mins and then proceed to score 3 more. As long as the other team score 3 in 90 minutes, its a draw.

This is literallg what is happening, the game does not care if my clan hit rate is 70%, i will still draw with a clan of 50% hit rate.

You did not read my post clearly. The goal is to win wars. There are three possible outcomes: win, lose, draw. The goal is NOT to get a winstreak. It might be YOUR goal but it falls into the same category as making it to Legends with a TH5 or completing all your acheivements or upgrading 100% within a week of a new code drop. All of these things are interesting and a niche group of folks may want to do them. That does not however change the purpose of war: win, lose, draw.

In the event of a tie, who did something fastest is not a criteria and if it were, it is a poor one. It is also not a criteria to do it with less attacks and would be equally poor IMO. It would also not be a criteria to base it on which troops were used in the attacks and would still be equally poor. The same applies if you try to make troops unused/notkilled after an attack the criteria.
    Last edited by Tosti111; January 22nd, 2021 at 01:22 AM.
    OP Defense: Any defense the poster doest’t like or know how to work around, nullifies their attack or denies them their rightful three star.

Centennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Tosti111 View Post
    You did not read my post clearly. The goal is to win wars. There are three possible outcomes: win, lose, draw. The goal is NOT to get a winstreak. It might be YOUR goal but it falls into the same category as making it to Legends with a TH5 or completing all your acheivements or upgrading 100% within a week of a new code drop. All of these things are interesting and a niche group of folks may want to do them. That does not however change the purpose of war: win, lose, draw.

In the event of a tie, who did something fastest is not a criteria and if it were, it is a poor one. It is also not a criteria to do it with less attacks and would be equally poor IMO. It would also not be a criteria to base it on which troops were used in the attacks and would still be equally poor.
    Duh... i think the desire for clan war to be decided based on skill is not a niche thing.

like you said the goal is to win wars. but currently, the war in UNWINNABLE, no matter what we do. don't you even get it. Same for any clan that faces us. Our win streak is not just engineered. No clan who matches us can win. No matter what they do, what base they put up. The war is over even before it started because we are very likely to perfect them

The issue is not many forummers here are in clans that can perfect. Just because it affects a few people does not mean it is not serious. Does it mean basketball score should be capped at 140? I mean how often does it hit 140... who cares right?

Ultimately sc knows that the game has to function at the elite level. Either they buff def or find a tiebreaker
    Last edited by Alextzh; January 22nd, 2021 at 01:24 AM.

Forum Elder
    Your definition of skill is flawed. It is not winstreak. Ties happen even when two skilled teams match each other. It is a valid outcome and from what you suggest, the only reason it truly matters to you is because you believe it should be binary (to avoid a tie and damage your winstreak). Most others here disagree.

The goal may be to win but outcomes do not always match the goal.
    Last edited by Tosti111; January 22nd, 2021 at 01:32 AM.