Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: clan war win streak? does it matter to you

1.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #41
    Quote Originally Posted by Alextzh View Post
    You are not even reading my argument. A non perfect tie in stars shows the clans are evenly matched on hit rate and if anything, that should be a draw. A perfect tie does not show anything in terms of skill or whether the clans are evenly matched.

It is like playing soccer with a cap of the number of goals scored to 3. It does not matter if one side managed to score three goals in the first 30 mins and then proceed to score 3 more. As long as the other team score 3 in 90 minutes, its a draw.

This is literallg what is happening, the game does not care if my clan hit rate is 70%, i will still draw with a clan of 50% hit rate.
    Well you won't, because you will get more than them. With 70% hit rate, there is a good chance of 100% in a 2 hit war, with 50% hit rate, there is very little.

It is a statistical fallacy that 50% hit rate on 1st attack means 100% with 2 attacks.

But that doesn't really matter. If you do both get 100%, I am quite sure that SC DO want a tie to be the end of a streak, even if it is a 100% tie. And yes, the game doesn't care in the least if you get your 100% with 45 attacks while your opponents take 70.

And nor should it. Only the final result matters. And the final result in both cases is that neither clan managed to defend a star on any of their bases. Why should they get a win for that?

2.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #42
    Duh... i think the desire for clan war to be decided based on skill is not a niche thing.
    Nobody is suggesting it is.

But your suggestion doesn't do that.

In a game of football, if the score at the end of the match is 3-3, it doesn't matter in the least if one side scored their 3 goals in the first 5 minutes and the other didn't score until 80 minutes. It is still a draw.

like you said the goal is to win wars. but currently, the war in UNWINNABLE, no matter what we do. don't you even get it. Same for any clan that faces us. Our win streak is not just engineered. No clan who matches us can win. No matter what they do, what base they put up. The war is over even before it started because we are very likely to perfect them
    And you are suggesting that SC should put some work into providing a mechanism which gives the win to one of them for no real justifiable reason, for such a tiny proportion of wars that it really cannot be worth the effort.

The issue is not many forummers here are in clans that can perfect.
    I suspect the number is one. And the forum population on average are way better than average.

There are 2 million+ clans in this game. I would be very surprised if there as many as 100 who can regularly perfect 40v40 wars with TH13 & TH12.

Just because it affects a few people does not mean it is not serious.
    Actually, yes it does. If it could be fixed with zero effort, or even just a couple of man-days, maybe it would be worth it. But for the numbers affected, and a statistic that most don't really care about, it certainly wouldn't be worth putting more than that into it.

Does it mean basketball score should be capped at 140? I mean how often does it hit 140... who cares right?
    That has no relevance. Nor does capping the score in any other sport or game.

In Clash, it is inherently capped, by the number of bases in the war.

Ultimately sc knows that the game has to function at the elite level. Either they buff def or find a tiebreaker
    Neither are needed unless and until perfect wars become common at the elite level - which so far as SC are concerned is Champions 1 CWL - and the world championship qualifiers flowing from that.

Centennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    Well you won't, because you will get more than them. With 70% hit rate, there is a good chance of 100% in a 2 hit war, with 50% hit rate, there is very little.

It is a statistical fallacy that 50% hit rate on 1st attack means 100% with 2 attacks.

But that doesn't really matter. If you do both get 100%, I am quite sure that SC DO want a tie to be the end of a streak, even if it is a 100% tie. And yes, the game doesn't care in the least if you get your 100% with 45 attacks while your opponents take 70.

And nor should it. Only the final result matters. And the final result in both cases is that neither clan managed to defend a star on any of their bases. Why should they get a win for that?
    Let me ask you. Do you think SC want players to strive for a hit rate significantly higher than 50%?

I can tell you my hit rate is around 50%. I have clan mates whose hit rate is 70-80%. In normal 2 hit wars, the way it is designed after a certain level, there is no POINT in striving for higher hit rates. I don't know the maths, it may not be 50%, but after a while, as long as you can confidently perfect opponent clan, there is no point in trying harder for normal 2 hit wars.

Actually, this is what our clan does in 99% of our wars... we don't try anymore.

Sometimes, I am not sure why supercell moderator in the forum is someone who obviously has no experience with competitive (no pro, just being competitive) COC.

Centennial Club
    or put it this way.

Should clan wars be 3 hit format? Just ask yourself would you enjoy clan wars if it is 3 hit format and your clan can perfect the wars regularly?

To me, the answer is obvious. We could go with one hit format for regular clan wars but everyone will complain. The least disruptive fix and still let good players enjoy 2 hit clan wars will be to introduce a tiebreaker.

Quote Originally Posted by Rak2180 View Post
    Win Streak dont matter much for us .We just look at win streaks of opponents in CWL group of know what to expect of them.
    For eg.In this month CWL in our Champs 1, two clans had win streak of 50+.So we knew what to expect from them and they didn't surprise us as One clan ended with 68% HR and the other with 60%.
    Yea.
    Perfect Tie in 2 hits wars are pretty common.
    But instead of having the clan with higher hitrate win. I would prefer if there's a in game system of a 1 hit CWL style tie breaker war. Thats how we deal with ties in league wars.
    Tie in 1 hit wars is pretty rare since both clans have to hit at 100% HR.

Great minds think alike,but fools seldom differ.

Youtube : Rak Gaming CoC
    Twitter : @Rak_coc
    Discord: Rak#2304

Centennial Club
    Yea.
    But instead of having the clan with higher hitrate win. I would prefer if there's a in game system of a 1 hit CWL style tie breaker war. Thats how we deal with ties in league wars.
    I am surprised 2 hit competitive league is still a thing now with current TH13 meta. Isn't a replay so troublesome? So much trouble to prepare bases and then ends in a draw.... you have to find new bases for replay...

I see your youtube and if you are ending the legends season with 5700+, you are a better player than me, I am hovering at 5600+. Some of my clan mates end at 5800+ when they push.
    Last edited by Alextzh; 4 Weeks Ago at 04:34 AM.

Forum Elder
    Yea.
    This is the best answer I have seen to this minor issue and I would support it for the odd time it happens. Far far better than any goofy fastest, most troops left over, who used the weakest troops or who used the least attacks solution as all of them would be as meaningful as a coin toss in deciding an outcome.
    Last edited by Tosti111; 4 Weeks Ago at 04:57 AM.
    OP Defense: Any defense the poster doest’t like or know how to work around, nullifies their attack or denies them their rightful three star.

Centennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Tosti111 View Post
    This is the best answer I have seen to this minor issue and I would support it for the odd time it happens. Far far better than any goofy fastest, most troops left over, who used the weakest troops or who used the least attacks solution as all of them would be as meaningful as a coin toss in deciding an outcome.
    ... ya good luck on getting SC to do that...

some people say the problem is too minor to fix while others recommend a solution that requires SC to revamp the clan wars in game...

duh.... you do know the "WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP" is using your "goofy fastest" hits to break a double perfect tiebreaker. Probably because they are one hit format and cannot use "triple hit rate" as the tie breaker which is far more relevant.

Forum Elder
    ... ya good luck on getting SC to do that...

some people say the problem is too minor to fix while others recommend a solution that requires SC to revamp the clan wars in game...

duh.... you do know the "WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP" is using your "goofy fastest" hits to break a double perfect tiebreaker. Probably because they are one hit format and cannot use "triple hit rate" as the tie breaker which is far more relevant.
    They do it because it is only 5v5. When you can show me a 40v40 (which is the size you claim to play) result in another perfect war utilizing only one attack let us know.
    Last edited by Tosti111; 4 Weeks Ago at 07:22 AM.
    OP Defense: Any defense the poster doest’t like or know how to work around, nullifies their attack or denies them their rightful three star.

This doesn't really make much sense though. In a sporting analogy, if say, a soccer game end score is 3-3, are you saying that the team who took fewer attempts to score those 3 goals should be the winner? It certainly seems that this is a similar analogy.

Or am I missing something?