Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Air bombs targeting bats

Air bombs targeting bats

I just failed to take a mediocre th12. My bat swarm was taking out the base and air bomb was triggered by an electro. The electro died from other means and the air bomb redirected itself and wiped out a couple of hundred bats.. there were other electros in play with the recently deceased one, in fact they were stacked.

Should air bombs be retargeting at bats at all? Even so when there are other normal targetable troops on play?

could you share a video?

the bats don't trigger traps, but if a trap is triggered by another troop and that troop dies, it will happen that the air bomb targets and wipes off the bats

Forum Champion
    Air bombs won’t necessarily target bats but if they are triggered by another troop the damage is AOE. If bats are in range of the damage they will die. A video would be helpful. Cheers.
    Last edited by Bigdome757; January 20th, 2021 at 11:34 PM.

https://youtu.be/wEKOeqn4h2Y

Here is the video. Follow the swarm, as a matter of fact, in slow motion it seems the air bomb just goes straight for the swarm.

5.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #5
    My understanding is that bats won't trigger an air bomb, but they can still be targeted by and die from one.
    SharkyFinn.com Official Web Site

SharkyFinn.com Official Web Site -+- SharkBite YouTube Channel
    USAR (#2GR9YCGR) - Level 21 - 763 Clan War wins
    Private Message - + - Forum Rules - + - Contact on Groupme

in the video, it appeared that the bomb was triggered by an ED, but when it sprung it went to the bats instead.

played clash of clans for 3 years...or was it 4? Signature courtesy of terminus prime and his shop
    my main account: https://www.clash.ninja/stats-tracke...ctor-9990lcc2p
    my clan thread: https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...nation-clan%21

Quote Originally Posted by chilepepper101 View Post
    in the video, it appeared that the bomb was triggered by an ED, but when it sprung it went to the bats instead.
    This is what I've come to after watching several replays. It must be that a large cluster of bats outweighs an ED and the bomb targets the heaviest troop on the tile. Must like how the eagle works.

Surely this isn't right and air bombs just shouldn't target bats? Splash damage from striking something else is fine, but this cost me a star, and we did lose by 1 star and average destruction our end was higher.
    If this was a tournament with the elites they'd be up in arms about this and crying for the game to shut down.