Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Quick question

Quick question

Hello, as we know if the leader was inactive for 90 days, automatically the leadership goes to another member. so here's the thing..

I was a leader of level 14 clan
    which i spent years in it!! and because I was inactive for 90 days, the leadership has been token from me..

I want to know if there is any chance to get the leadership back to me.. when i left the game i had no idea about this feature which gives the leadership to others by itself!! I'm kinda disappointed tbh
    no one would like to lose his clan that spent years improving it

Yup. Ask the guy that is the new leader to promote you to leader. It is his clan now.
    If you leave your members as members this will not happen....you know, in case it ever comes up again.

For discussion purposes, the leadership doesnt pass to a member, although I do realise you meant someone other than yourself within the clan structure.
    But I am on the other side of the fence, having gave away leadership of my clan before leaving, so that the clan structure would continue to operate in my absence.. I am back at that clan, and dont miss being leader at all.

Having said that, what did you do as leader..
    You spent your gold and created the clan..
    You recruited others, and no doubt promoted those deemed worthy of higher position to assist in the running of the clan..
    You no doubt put a lot of time and effort into gaining stature and growth into that said clan.

But, you recruited others, which then meant there were other individuals to consider..
    Then you went awol for 90 days+, leaving that membership to continue without your guidance and presence.. has it suffered?

So you are disappointed in SC for creating an automated system that more ensures the health and continuance of the clan as a whole..
    I think it is a good idea, since others became emotionally attached with the clan too.

It isnt anything new, so that 90 day stretch must go back some way..
    Also, the game must have been deleted completely from your device, otherwise this is the sequence of events leading up to termination of leadership https://help.supercellsupport.com/cl...-rotation.html

So obviously no stealth is involved..
    stay active, or find someone that you trust will return leadership at a later date.

you could do as suggested and not promote anyone, but how successful could an environment containing a king and his surfs be?

I agree that the leader should have a way of getting his clan back. But SC staff believes that a leader's hard work for getting a clan to level 14 is not important when you have committed the crime of being unable to log in for 90 days.
    Old men start wars, young men fight them, and everyone in the middle gets killed. War is natural; Peace is accidental.

Quote Originally Posted by fryingdutchman View Post
    I agree that the leader should have a way of getting his clan back. But SC staff believes that a leader's hard work for getting a clan to level 14 is not important when you have committed the crime of being unable to log in for 90 days.
    This really is nonsense, especially the tone.

There have been requests for YEARS to change leadership for clans where the leader went AWOL. They have implemented a feature where someone who isn't playing actively only has to logon to the game (that's all they need to do, open the game and see their base, they don't even have to tap anything, the action of opening the game) to have the status quo maintained.

The leader has several features they can use that others can't. If a leader doesn't play the game any longer, and is offline for longer than 3 months without any means of contacting them, they are not leading their clan. And in that case, SuperCell has listened to the community and has put in place a mechanism to have a clan 'survive'. By demoting the leader and appointing an active co-leader or elder (NEVER a random member, to prevent harvesting 'dead' clans by scammers) as the new leader.

Forum Superstar
    Quote Originally Posted by MoHaMmAD6 View Post
    Hello, as we know if the leader was inactive for 90 days, automatically the leadership goes to another member. so here's the thing..

I was a leader of level 14 clan
    which i spent years in it!! and because I was inactive for 90 days, the leadership has been token from me..

I want to know if there is any chance to get the leadership back to me.. when i left the game i had no idea about this feature which gives the leadership to others by itself!! I'm kinda disappointed tbh
    no one would like to lose his clan that spent years improving it
    The feature was added on 2nd April '19; its effects would've begun to be seen 1 years ago.

How long have you been away & what did you realistically expect to find on your return?

I have leader status in 3 inactive clans, once a month I log in to each account, it's not really that hard.
    Level: 266 | TH13
    Highest Trophy Count:5608 | Donations: 1.63 million | Hero Levels: 220

The biggest thing to remember is the clan is not, and never was "his" clan. It is Supercell's clan ultimately, and they must consider the needs of all the members in all such clans rather than merely the vanity of the person who feels they must have the "leader" title. If someone really needs to be a leader, they can spend some gold and start a new clan.

Alternatively, you can ask to get the title back, although I would never re-promote a leader that went AWOL, unless there was a really good reason that person went AWOL, and I could be be assured they won't do it again.

Clash of Stats: #L8CCQ8UJ | #PP0R9VGJR
    Thanks to TerMinus Prime for the awesome sig/avatar!
    Forum Titles | About Reputation | Reputation Dots | Images | War Base Order

It would be frustrating... if you were leader the entire time to lvl 14 then that is a huge loss.

But those people who would have been stuck in a dead clan that they too helped build up would also be frustrating. I just let leader switch hands in my little dead clan just to see what would happen. It was rather anti-climatic and I shall now log in on one to promote the other back. It feels like the right thing to do...

Did log in on FIVE of my accounts today... just collected trees, but I did log in. Woot woot woot.
    Ending threads one comment at a time.

I agree with most of what you said.

Quote Originally Posted by joshsgrandad View Post
    For discussion purposes, the leadership doesnt pass to a member, although I do realise you meant someone other than yourself within the clan structure.
    But I am on the other side of the fence, having gave away leadership of my clan before leaving, so that the clan structure would continue to operate in my absence.. I am back at that clan, and dont miss being leader at all.

Having said that, what did you do as leader..
    You spent your gold and created the clan..
    You recruited others, and no doubt promoted those deemed worthy of higher position to assist in the running of the clan..
    You no doubt put a lot of time and effort into gaining stature and growth into that said clan.

But, you recruited others, which then meant there were other individuals to consider..
    Then you went awol for 90 days+, leaving that membership to continue without your guidance and presence.. has it suffered?

So you are disappointed in SC for creating an automated system that more ensures the health and continuance of the clan as a whole..
    I think it is a good idea, since others became emotionally attached with the clan too.

It isnt anything new, so that 90 day stretch must go back some way..
    Also, the game must have been deleted completely from your device, otherwise this is the sequence of events leading up to termination of leadership https://help.supercellsupport.com/cl...-rotation.html

So obviously no stealth is involved..
    stay active, or find someone that you trust will return leadership at a later date.

you could do as suggested and not promote anyone, but how successful could an environment containing a king and his surfs be?

you missed that no one has the right to take the lead from the leader, even if he left a whole year. Do you know what does it mean to lose a clan that someone tired of and stayed up for long nights and days in order to improve it ... not to mention the memories that were in vain by taking the leadership from you.. this is unforgivable at all