Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: about the event for the book of heroes

... why would it have to be scaled down? Not everything is for everyone. TH7 and TH8 both have 5 minimal levels to go for 1 hero.

Here we have the whole discussion of 'everything must be done in a way so everyone can profit' again. Like in clan games, and in season challenges: not everything is for all. SC is doing a pretty good job in balancing things, not everything has to be dumbed down to baby food level (and yes, I have all TH levels myself, and no, I don't have the time to grind for this on most of my accounts - too bad, I choose to spend my time differently in this case).

If someone wants to spend the time, they get the reward. I personally wouldn't bother for a TH7 or an 8 if I have other things to do...

Millennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    I see no reason at all to suspect they may have "forgotten" anything.
    Because usually events require no more than 15 attacks per 3/4 days.

Sure they probably could scale it. But I doubt they see any reason to do so. It may not be quite as easy for a TH7 or TH8, but it still isn't all that hard.
    I don't think you are anywhere close to realize how difficult it is the current challenge for players with only 1 or 2 Heroes. Sure it is pretty doable for very active players. For average active players, slightly harder. For casual players, no way for them to complete unless they spend quite a lot more hours than they normally do.

See as TH8 where only 1 Hero per base, you will required to hit 40 times in 3 days, that is provided you could kill a Hero in each raid, which means it could go to 50 attacks for TH8. Since when we have a challenge where you are required to hit 40 times in 3 days. For TH9 it is simply 20-30 attacks in 3 days.

There are of course other ways to complete the event, as someone cleverly mentioned snipping BK with Minions or Dragons whenever they see an unprotected BK. That is definitely a smarter and faster way to complete the event, but still for average players that is still require a lot more effort than they usually spend on any events in the history of Clash of Clans.

Why not scale it up then? How about TH13 required to kill 160 Heroes in 3 days? Difficult? That's actually about the same difficulty for TH8 to kill 40 Heroes.
    I am a TH13 have no issue with this event, but I could clearly see the difficulty for TH8 or TH9. If you think "no, that's cool and SC is doing a good job with not scaling it down for lower halls and there shouldn't be any issue for lower halls", then obviously we don't share the same opinion.

When they scale the troop events, it is usually because it is physically impossible for the lower TH to carry that many, so they drop it to the maximum that can be carried.
    I understand why they scale it down for troops event. But I still think the current Hero challenge should be scaled down too for lower TH in order for them to complete the event with almost equal effort in terms of number of attacks (which is 10-15 attacks in 3 days).
    Last edited by Mercfovia87; January 20th, 2021 at 10:52 AM.

Hero books really aren't that useful to be honest. The only times they are, if,
    You have one about to finish upgrading and already have the DE reserves to go again, and a DE rune to keep it going. Otherwise it's just ready and not doing anything.

It's the last day of the season and you have a hero about to finish you're waiting on your 250k loot package which we seldom get to use it on heroes due to war league starting.

Or
    You've not paid attention and really need your queen or warden for war leagues.

A lvl7 with just a barb king that takes no time and has minimal use of the hero anyway, really shouldn't sweat it about missing out.

For the record I agree this should have been adjusted for lower levels, kinda sucks but the reality is, it's not worth the effort.

4.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #24
    Quote Originally Posted by Mercfovia87 View Post
    Because usually events require no more than 15 attacks per 3/4 days.
    That still doesn't imply anything has been forgotten.

I don't think you are anywhere close to realize how difficult it is the current challenge for players with only 1 or 2 Heroes. Sure it is pretty doable for very active players. For average active players, slightly harder. For casual players, no way for them to complete unless they spend quite a lot more hours than they normally do.

See as TH8 where only 1 Hero per base, you will required to hit 40 times in 3 days, that is provided you could kill a Hero in each raid, which means it could go to 50 attacks for TH8. Since when we have a challenge where you are required to hit 40 times in 3 days. For TH9 it is simply 20-30 attacks in 3 days.

There are of course other ways to complete the event, as someone cleverly mentioned snipping BK with Minions or Dragons whenever they see an unprotected BK. That is definitely a smarter and faster way to complete the event, but still for average players that is still require a lot more effort than they usually spend on any events in the history of Clash of Clans.

Why not scale it up then? How about TH13 required to kill 160 Heroes in 3 days? Difficult? That's actually about the same difficulty for TH8 to kill 40 Heroes.
    I am a TH13 have no issue with this event, but I could clearly see the difficulty for TH8 or TH9. If you think "no, that's cool and SC is doing a good job with not scaling it down for lower halls and there shouldn't be any issue for lower halls", then obviously we don't share the same opinion.
    Where have I said anything to suggest that might be my opinion?

I said it isn't all that hard - which is true if you just go out sniping heroes.

Oh, and scaling it up (from something which is already harder than most previous events) to 160 heroes would make it totally impossible for any TH13 in Legends. The absolute maximum you can possibly do in LL is 96, and that is if don't leave a single one alive over those three days.

I understand why they scale it down for troops event. But I still think the current Hero challenge should be scaled down too for lower TH in order for them to complete the event with almost equal effort in terms of number of attacks (which is 10-15 attacks in 3 days).
    That would make some sense, but I can see why they don't really feel it necessary.

Fresh Spawn
    because I want to sell it and buy my fifth builder as soon as possible

Fresh Spawn
    Quote Originally Posted by obarthelemy View Post
    Hero books are fairly worthless at TH 7 and 8, why do you even bother ?
    because I want to sell it and buy my fifth builder as soon as possible

Fresh Spawn
    [QUOTE=JusMe;12746492]... Like in clan games, and in season challenges: not everything is for all.
    yes but you still have the alternative to do other challenges and get 4000 points and 2600 respectively

Quote Originally Posted by 2222 View Post
    Note he was referencing that comment to th8-9. Many do think a book of heroes is a waste at th8 and early th9 since the hero upgrades are so short. I agree other than for war/cwl. Hero books just don't have the value at th8 and th9 like they do later in the game.
    Town hall 9 is the hardest grind for heroes in the game because there is about 50 hero upgrades if your king is already level 10.

town hall 10 is easy because there is 20

town hall 11 is also 20

town hall 12 is 30

town hall 13 is 20

as you can see, it appears books hold the most value at town hall 9 while town hall 12, which has the second most hero upgrades, has just over half the amount 9 does. town hall 10,11, and 13 all have 20 upgrades so are by far the easiest for themed town halls.

played clash of clans for 3 years...or was it 4? Signature courtesy of terminus prime and his shop
    my main account: https://www.clash.ninja/stats-tracke...ctor-9990lcc2p
    my clan thread: https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...nation-clan%21

9.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #29
    Quote Originally Posted by chilepepper101 View Post

town hall 13 is 20

xcuse me... me thinks you forgot about 25 levels of that new hero you get in TH13. Plus you forgot the GW at TH11..

Besides you can’t just look at the number of levels and determine which is easiest or hardest.
    back in the day before a bunch of price reductions (I haven’t done the math recently) the DE requirement for the only 20 levels in TH10 was about the same as the 50 levels in TH9. Maybe this doesn’t hold true anymore. Nevertheless you cannot simply use the number of levels.

It also has to do with being able to raid without heroes and keeping them down constantly and the amount of resources you need an the time it takes to upgrade. TH9 upgrades are all shorter then a week and in that TH it’s much easier to go without heroes and keep them both upgrading. In TH13 that’s a bit more difficult to keep all 4 upgrading due to the amount of resources you need and it being more difficult raiding without any hero.

So to say a book holds the most value at TH9 is a highly personal perspective.
    Last edited by Kaptain Kat; January 20th, 2021 at 01:14 PM.

Thank you! ClashOfHolmes for an awesome sig!

Just call me K, my name is too difficult to spell.
    Hay Day | Level: 120 | # VL8GVUL | Main Hay Day Topics | Forum Rules | HD Wiki
    Clash of Clans | Level: lost count at 200 | #Y0VJUJG

Fresh Spawn
    Quote Originally Posted by chilepepper101 View Post
    Town hall 9 is the hardest grind for heroes in the game because there is about 50 hero upgrades if your king is already level 10.

town hall 10 is easy because there is 20

town hall 11 is also 20

town hall 12 is 30

town hall 13 is 20

as you can see, it appears books hold the most value at town hall 9 while town hall 12, which has the second most hero upgrades, has just over half the amount 9 does. town hall 10,11, and 13 all have 20 upgrades so are by far the easiest for themed town halls.
    town hall 11 is 40
    town hall 12 is 50
    town hall 13 is 55