Page 21 of 28 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 210 of 275

  Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: How 'secure' is SCID?

  1.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #201
    Quote Originally Posted by Piper139 View Post
    Same here. Did not know that. Interesting that I can't see it on my mini that is connected to the same sc id as my main.
    It can't be connected to the same SCID. Both may be remembered on the same device, and you amy have used one of the tricks to email addresses that allow variations to go to one underlying address.

    But each account has to be on a different SCID, connected to an apparently different email address.

  2. #202
    Quote Originally Posted by Piper139 View Post
    Same here. Did not know that. Interesting that I can't see it on my mini that is connected to the same sc id as my main.
    Scammers on Global hunted such ids where scid was not connected,i believe this was the reason Supercell decided to hide it when viewing other players profile.

  3. #203
    Forum Legend Piper139's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    9,143
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    It can't be connected to the same SCID. Both may be remembered on the same device, and you amy have used one of the tricks to email addresses that allow variations to go to one underlying address.

    But each account has to be on a different SCID, connected to an apparently different email address.
    They each have a separate email address but they are tied to my sc ID so I can login to them both on either of my devices. In my thought, that puts them on the same sc Id.
    sig by dharmaraj in sig shop
    Clan: MN ICE #8UCRP8CL
    IGN: Piper139 #2PQQR9Q22

  4.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #204
    Kaptain Kat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Rundum Hause
    Posts
    12,385
    Quote Originally Posted by JusMe View Post
    Kat, my apologies, in itself my response wasn't meant as personal as you seem to take it. I need to double check my wording as well sometimes

    And I absolutely agree that people have a responsibility themselves. In fact, if we go by the ToS and such, and the ToS of for instance Google, kids below, what was it 13 for SC? and in quite a few countries for Google it's 16! can't even play CoC [according to the ToS/rules]...

    In spite of the answers given by both you and Darian (and I totally understand that no 'specifics' can be given, that's not what I was after, even though SOMETHING would have been better than the nothing) I still don't feel comfortable.

    Right now I don't like it at all that the status of accounts is visible for everyone (whether or not an account has SCID - due to the achievement) because that can be used as information to try and get an account from someone else.

    At the moment with this expiration stuff part of me wants to go back to not having SCID, partially even because of what was posted in response here... Even though in itself I have nothing to fear since my accounts are mine.

    I truly hope SC will put effort in improving security for our accounts. Not just for the money some have invested in their accounts... but simply the work done for leveling accounts as well.
    And I apologize to you. Iím sorry but this thread is giving me a headache. For shizz and giggles you should read through it and youíll notice the needle is stuck on the same few sections of the record.
    Itís like A says I want to buy paint and I say we have all the colors like blue and green and yellow.. then C chimes in but I donít like those and I say fine we have others as well and the D drops by and says but I donít want regular paint I want spray paint. And E says I want wallpaper and the F finally says I just want blue paint how hard can that be....

    Iím trying to take away concerns as much as I can, but we will never be able to take away all concerns and Iím sorry but we canít take away yours either Iím afraid. I understand how it must feel but thereís little we can do. You want to know more about stuff that SC wonít share, even we donít know the ins and outs and it all has to do with security.

    First keep in mind that here on the forums we do read many cases of things going wrong according to the player. We donít hear about the many many instances everything goes without any problem and is solved. Just think in sense of volume and millions of clash players. People donít share the success stories because thatís normal and expected. They only share the ones with trouble and some loudly at that. Even if 1 in 1000 cases doesnít go well then in total thatís still a huge number but a very low.
    I certainly can understand that support can make mistakes but you also must understand players with these types of issues also donít always paint a full picture and thereís more going on at the back end of things. As Darian said they see a lot.

    Dont you think of it was really all that bad then we would hear much much more about it ?

    The thing is quite often someone posts a whole lot of nonsense just to gain sympathy and get support from others. But it doesnít make them right, quite regularly they never come back to the forum or fail to respond to the more critical questions. Now you can choose to believe all those stories or you could also choose to believe someone who is verified to be an employee of SC (Darian) who has responded several times in this thread.

    Fun fact: through the years weíve had several stories checked which really felt plausible whether it was bans for phishing or modding or account recovery gone wrong etc. in most cases we have had quietly checked it turned out there was a whole lot more going on then what was being told on the forums. Maybe Iíve seen it once or twice that a mistake was made in my whole forum career.
    So yes forgive me when Iím really extremely critical when I read the story #64639.

    On the expiration subject, they donít just expire and it isnít a technical issue or bug. When it says SCID expired it obviously means the email address of the ID doesnít have a village attached to it anymore and thereís only 1 way that can happen. Which is through player support. Hereís a possible (but not so theoretical) scenario: A sells their village to B including the email address and passwords and the whole shabang. B changes the passwords and thinks the account is his and A canít get to it anymore. (Yes itís a TOS violation too but thatís beside the point) After a while A contacts player support to recover his account. Since he has owner info he can prove that heís the original owner. Maybe A has a good story who knows. Support unlinks the village from the SCID and attaches it to a new email address and gives it back to A. B logs on one day and is surprised my the ID is expired and runs to the forum...

    All in all no system can ever be truly perfect and sure thereís always room for improvement. Nevertheless I do have faith they do know a little bit about what theyíre doing. Unfortunately due to security reasons they canít share everything as to how these processes work from A-Z. A bank isnít giving you that information either, you must simply trust them to a degree, a Casino doesnít give all that information either. A chef doesnít give away his prize wining recipe, a country doesnít give you their nuclear launch codes..
    Some may reveal some tidbits of information but itís no more then a small peek.

    Thank you! ClashOfHolmes for an awesome sig!

    Just call me K, my name is too difficult to spell.
    Hay Day | Level: 120 | # VL8GVUL | Main Hay Day Topics | Forum Rules | HD Wiki
    Clash of Clans | Level: lost count at 200 | #Y0VJUJG

  5. #205
    Forum Veteran jaronhudson15's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Sitting near a fire with some Barbarians and Valkyries(\/alhalla)
    Posts
    1,793
    From what is to be seen, any complaint in regards to account issues in this manner are stemmed from naivety.

    From the beginning, SC has made it a goal to maintain player anonymity in a way. And, again, from what we know and see, SC ID is really secure.

    This is truly the best it's going to get when the best security is at the judgment of the player. Other than that, it's always important to continue to educate the playerbase about how they can protect their account.

  6.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #206
    Kaptain Kat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Rundum Hause
    Posts
    12,385
    Quote Originally Posted by ESCANOR0803 View Post
    Scammers on Global hunted such ids where scid was not connected,i believe this was the reason Supercell decided to hide it when viewing other players profile.
    So many years of updates and changes I donít remember it all...

    I did recently notice that the Keep your village safe achievement is not visible on other peoples profiles. Itís only visible on your own.
    I happened to look at it a week or 2 ago.

    but I wonder if it wasnít visible at one point to others because I vaguely seem to recall what you mention here that some people used to find people on global and alike and check to see if they were attached to SCID...

    Thank you! ClashOfHolmes for an awesome sig!

    Just call me K, my name is too difficult to spell.
    Hay Day | Level: 120 | # VL8GVUL | Main Hay Day Topics | Forum Rules | HD Wiki
    Clash of Clans | Level: lost count at 200 | #Y0VJUJG

  7.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #207
    Kaptain Kat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Rundum Hause
    Posts
    12,385
    Quote Originally Posted by Piper139 View Post
    They each have a separate email address but they are tied to my sc ID so I can login to them both on either of my devices. In my thought, that puts them on the same sc Id.
    Each village should have its own e-mailadress. And that makes up one SCID.
    1 village = 1 unique email = 1 SCID

    You can load the SCID on all your devices so all your villages can be accessed on all your devices. Both my villages are accessible on both my devices.

    1 SCID can have several different SC games attached to it though. To keep things simple.
    1 clash of clans village
    1 Hay Day farm
    1 Boom Beach island
    1 crash Royale game

    Thank you! ClashOfHolmes for an awesome sig!

    Just call me K, my name is too difficult to spell.
    Hay Day | Level: 120 | # VL8GVUL | Main Hay Day Topics | Forum Rules | HD Wiki
    Clash of Clans | Level: lost count at 200 | #Y0VJUJG

  8. #208
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaptain Kat View Post
    So many years of updates and changes I donít remember it all...

    I did recently notice that the Keep your village safe achievement is not visible on other peoples profiles. Itís only visible on your own.
    I happened to look at it a week or 2 ago.

    but I wonder if it wasnít visible at one point to others because I vaguely seem to recall what you mention here that some people used to find people on global and alike and check to see if they were attached to SCID...
    There was a post made on Reddit a year or two ago requesting to hide it.
    Last edited by ESCANOR0803; January 22nd, 2021 at 01:26 AM.

  9. #209
    Forum Legend Piper139's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    9,143
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaptain Kat View Post
    Each village should have its own e-mailadress. And that makes up one SCID.
    1 village = 1 unique email = 1 SCID

    You can load the SCID on all your devices so all your villages can be accessed on all your devices. Both my villages are accessible on both my devices.

    1 SCID can have several different SC games attached to it though. To keep things simple.
    1 clash of clans village
    1 Hay Day farm
    1 Boom Beach island
    1 crash Royale game
    Right. All I meant was that piper and jr are both tied to my sc id. However, other than that link visible to me, clash doesn't link them in any visible way. At least in game. Maybe my sc id friends can see it.
    sig by dharmaraj in sig shop
    Clan: MN ICE #8UCRP8CL
    IGN: Piper139 #2PQQR9Q22

  10. #210
    Forum Hero JusMe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    amongst the stars
    Posts
    6,941
    Quote Originally Posted by Piper139 View Post
    Right. All I meant was that piper and jr are both tied to my sc id. However, other than that link visible to me, clash doesn't link them in any visible way. At least in game. Maybe my sc id friends can see it.
    I don't think so. If they are friends on both of your ID's they can see both ID's, but they don't/can't see that Piper1 and Piper2 are 'related' in any way.... But that's from me - and I also didn't remember the achievement hiding status

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •