Page 20 of 28 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: How 'secure' is SCID?

Quote Originally Posted by JusMe View Post
    An important part of being human is accepting that mistakes happen - for everyone.

But when someone from an external company to SC (support it outsourced) decides some account gets a ban, like often happens when for instance clannies try to help a clannie, or someone trying to get back one of their old bases to which they don't have access, there is nobody a player can turn to in case of a mistake ... Everything is cut off from the moment the base is locked....

From the responses we receive from support it's clear that many of them don't play the game, which doesn't help.

Now I am the first to always type - in caps even sometimes - to NEVER contact support on someone else's behalf ... especially since the 'support' option is disappearing for F2P accounts, when someone comes on here and complains, but still...

Support has a tough job, I totally agree, and having worked in other types of support myself I know how hard it can get.
    What comes to mind is (as stated before) that here also an extra layer of security with SCID would be of great benefit.

But - this is a different topic altogether, so I'll stop my response.
    is supercell truly only giving access to support for passers??

played clash of clans for 3 years...or was it 4? Signature courtesy of terminus prime and his shop
    my main account: https://www.clash.ninja/stats-tracke...ctor-9990lcc2p
    my clan thread: https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...nation-clan%21

Quote Originally Posted by chilepepper101 View Post
    in game support is run by sparky and auto. do they hook you up with an employee if your problem isnt resolved?
    Well the need for me to contact support arose maybe only twice or thrice during my 4 1/2 years of gameplay and every time i contacted them there was a human who replied me and not a bot.

Quote Originally Posted by ESCANOR0803 View Post
    Well the need for me to contact support arose maybe only twice or thrice during my 4 1/2 years of gameplay and every time i contacted them there was a human who replied me and not a bot.
    that highly contradicts 99% of all complaints on support and related issues, but makes me feel a bit better should the need to contact support arise

played clash of clans for 3 years...or was it 4? Signature courtesy of terminus prime and his shop

Quote Originally Posted by Kaptain Kat View Post
    You know what really irks me... that people get themselves into all sorts trouble in all sorts of different ways and then it’s everyones fault except their own and they fail and refuse to take ownership of their own screw ups. However everyone else need to shovel their dirt for them and fix their problem and then also on top of that hand over accounts they can’t prove is theirs and has a dodgy history at best ... it’s everyone’s fault and they point fingers in all directions. Where’s the ownership in the mistakes they made here in the first place ? Which are several at that point I might add.

Someone always gets a bad itch for a phrase used to explain things but people need to take some bloody responsibility for their own damn bull manure.

Come on. That’s not fair one bit.
    Kat, my apologies, in itself my response wasn't meant as personal as you seem to take it. I need to double check my wording as well sometimes

And I absolutely agree that people have a responsibility themselves. In fact, if we go by the ToS and such, and the ToS of for instance Google, kids below, what was it 13 for SC? and in quite a few countries for Google it's 16! can't even play CoC [according to the ToS/rules]...

In spite of the answers given by both you and Darian (and I totally understand that no 'specifics' can be given, that's not what I was after, even though SOMETHING would have been better than the nothing) I still don't feel comfortable.

Right now I don't like it at all that the status of accounts is visible for everyone (whether or not an account has SCID - due to the achievement) because that can be used as information to try and get an account from someone else.

At the moment with this expiration stuff part of me wants to go back to not having SCID, partially even because of what was posted in response here... Even though in itself I have nothing to fear since my accounts are mine.

I truly hope SC will put effort in improving security for our accounts. Not just for the money some have invested in their accounts... but simply the work done for leveling accounts as well.

The o.t.t.o. bot 'service' was put in place not all that long ago, so if your requests were not very recent, that will totally have been the case.

At this time, it seems there is a difference between accounts where money has been spent and accounts where little, not recently or no money has been spent (no support option apparently) and one ends up wit o.t.t.o. bot. That's as much as I have gathered from quite a few posts about several topics here on the forum...

Kat, my apologies, in itself my response wasn't meant as personal as you seem to take it. I need to double check my wording as well sometimes

And I absolutely agree that people have a responsibility themselves. In fact, if we go by the ToS and such, and the ToS of for instance Google, kids below, what was it 13 for SC? and in quite a few countries for Google it's 16! can't even play CoC [according to the ToS/rules]...

In spite of the answers given by both you and Darian (and I totally understand that no 'specifics' can be given, that's not what I was after, even though SOMETHING would have been better than the nothing) I still don't feel comfortable.

Right now I don't like it at all that the status of accounts is visible for everyone (whether or not an account has SCID - due to the achievement) because that can be used as information to try and get an account from someone else.

At the moment with this expiration stuff part of me wants to go back to not having SCID, partially even because of what was posted in response here... Even though in itself I have nothing to fear since my accounts are mine.

I truly hope SC will put effort in improving security for our accounts. Not just for the money some have invested in their accounts... but simply the work done for leveling accounts as well.

i mean, you cant have a good game without decent security. i have played several games in the past that could've been mega successful but fail due to cheap account security.

The o.t.t.o. bot 'service' was put in place not all that long ago, so if your requests were not very recent, that will totally have been the case.

At this time, it seems there is a difference between accounts where money has been spent and accounts where little, not recently or no money has been spent (no support option apparently) and one ends up wit o.t.t.o. bot. That's as much as I have gathered from quite a few posts about several topics here on the forum...
    Well I bought GPs few times, maybe that's the reason.

I believe that scid achievement is not visible to others.

I believe that scid achievement is not visible to others.
    Now see: one (re)learns something every day! Thanks for taking the trouble to respond to that... I totally had forgotten about that.

Now see: one (re)learns something every day! Thanks for taking the trouble to respond to that... I totally had forgotten about that.
    Same here. Did not know that. Interesting that I can't see it on my mini that is connected to the same sc id as my main.
    sig by dharmaraj in sig shop
    Clan: MN ICE #8UCRP8CL
    IGN: Piper139 #2PQQR9Q22