Page 18 of 28 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: How 'secure' is SCID?

Quote Originally Posted by maximooze007 View Post
    I somehow agree on this, regardless of what services you are inquiring into, talk to any agent in a bad way, for sure they won't bother assisting you more than what they are supposed to do, I myself had many technical issues on my purchases, first thing I would do is politely greet the agent, ask them concisely and politely showing my frustration in a good way, when its resolved I always leave a thank you in the end, doesn't matter if they see it and I don't check it afterwards.

I have someone close here that works in a financial institution and handles tons of inquiries from different people from the UK, I usually hear her p*d-off, really p*d-off and just doing what is told her to do, yet sometimes I hear her going beyond the format and really did everything to assist this very nice customer, so yeah, human factor end-to-end.

I'm still not comfortable answering these types question though that probably I can't answer exactly, and again.. first receipt? cmon...
    My Google play purchase history goes back to 2010. Thats ancient history. Granted, I dont have a multitude of accounts to figure out.
    sig by dharmaraj in sig shop
    Clan: MN ICE #8UCRP8CL
    IGN: Piper139 #2PQQR9Q22

2.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #172
    Quote Originally Posted by maximooze007 View Post
    I somehow agree on this, regardless of what services you are inquiring into, talk to any agent in a bad way, for sure they won't bother assisting you more than what they are supposed to do, I myself had many technical issues on my purchases, first thing I would do is politely greet the agent, ask them concisely and politely showing my frustration in a good way, when its resolved I always leave a thank you in the end, doesn't matter if they see it and I don't check it afterwards.

I have someone close here that works in a financial institution and handles tons of inquiries from different people from the UK, I usually hear her p*d-off, really p*d-off and just doing what is told her to do, yet sometimes I hear her going beyond the format and really did everything to assist this very nice customer, so yeah, human factor end-to-end.

I'm still not comfortable answering these types question though that probably I can't answer exactly, and again.. first receipt? cmon...
    You donít have to answer these types of questions if you donít need account recovery and thereís a lot you can do to make sure you donít need it to begin with...

I do feel a bit like a broken record here... if you do talk them normally, politely (like you said you understand the human factor) then Iím quite sure theyíre willing to think with you and not against you. Itís not a questionnaire of a hundred questions where you get one wrong then thatís it. I am sure they will try with a different question if you donít know the answer to one or donít know for sure or all you can do is guess at something.
    Bottom line is be truthful and donít just take shots in the dark. Like we said theyíre human after all.

If you change your story a lot of times they will be (naturally suspicious). Ie.
    When did you start playing ? A 2012
    Nope thatís wrong try again A 2016 then
    again wrong A then it was 2014 for sure..
    See what I mean ? You canít just keep guessing at it until you get it right either. You know what I mean, we see it regularly on the forums where people change the story or at every turn they post something else that hurts their case more then it helps.

Hereís another approach.. as an example.
    When did you start playing this account ?
    A: Iím sorry but I play 15 different accounts and I only roughly recall when I first started but not when I created each separate account after that. Could I provide other information with which I could prove Iím the rightful owner ?

Personally I canít even remember what I had for diner last week. I can give a rough estimate as to when I first started playing the game if I had to answer that Q. I only have 1 mini and couldnít tell you when I started that exactly. Although I could link it to an event to narrow it down and they can verify that.
    Anywho Iím sure they understand that you canít always remember everything.

That being said. Now about the purchase receipt.
    The purchase history on my Apple ID goes back to the year I first had an Apple device and ID. Thatís quite a few years but for security reasons I wonít say how long exactly. So digging up that first receipt is quite possible.
    lets face it. The first receipt or at least an old one is more reliable in proving youíre the original owner of the account then the last one, isnít it ?

Thank you! ClashOfHolmes for an awesome sig!

Just call me K, my name is too difficult to spell.
    Hay Day | Level: 120 | # VL8GVUL | Main Hay Day Topics | Forum Rules | HD Wiki
    Clash of Clans | Level: lost count at 200 | #Y0VJUJG

New Bloke/Chick
    I think SCID is incredibly secure, imo.All these scams etc only happen to 13,14 year old kids because they don't know what to share and what to not.Experienced/Adult clashers never get scammed, so I think there's no need worry about this.

Quote Originally Posted by Bhatimran00852 View Post
    I think SCID is incredibly secure, imo.All these scams etc only happen to 13,14 year old kids because they don't know what to share and what to not.Experienced/Adult clashers never get scammed, so I think there's no need worry about this.
    Your statement goes against my own experience. Supercell ID should only be activated after a verification link of the ORIGINAL email -- AND it should also ask for real personal identifiable information such as your real name and other info to be used for recovery beyond the current random account related questions that can be mostly guessed by anyone looking at your account in game.

Edit. This would only partially help; and could hurt.

The personal identifiable information should be requested on day one when you create the account. It could be OPTIONAL for those who choose not to share a name / birthdate and security pin etc. But the concept remains the same - there must be some true real personal identifiable info shared - so that if an account is lost one can take a selfie holding their ID and a piece of paper with a code written on it as proof that they are who they claim to be...

I've gone through EIGHT rounds with in game support so far attempting to prove that I own one of my accounts.. each ending in failure for.. some unknown reason) Something is off here... likely related to the fact that I can't recall every device I've used on the account over the past 5/6 years.

This proves that supercell staff (or the bots) are doing their best to prevent the wrong person from gaining access to the account; but it also proves that the questions they ask and maybe the tools available are lacking... I can't go into details without compromising my identity but I have other ways to prove my ownership that they seem to be ignoring.
    Last edited by blombardo; January 21st, 2021 at 12:30 PM.

Clan Recruitment - War Weight - Suggested Upgrade Paths
    NG #9JR2GQ9P NG2 #YRY2YRQ2
    NG3#G09VUJGU www.Discord.me/Nightmare
    Aged Greatness2 #8VJ9UJC8 AG3 #2R0Y9CJY
    www.discord.me/AG2

5.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #175
    that is an excpetionally condescending attitude.

I do think SCID is pretty secure - much more so than some in this thread seem to believe.

But to suggest that only 13/14 year old kids fall for scams is just ridiculous.

MANY adults fall for them - otherwise they simply wouldn't exist, since the majority of scams in general (not always true for Clash, but still common) are aimed at getting money from the victims, and most 13/14 year olds don't have access to enough money to be worthwhile for the scammers.

Me and a bunch of friends Have played clash of clans since we were just under 10 years old. And even The Least Bright of us had enough sense to not give away age, email, or fall for "free gem" scams.
    while im sure there are many kids at the age group you specified who would fall for these kind of scams. I Cant Help But Take a large amount of Offense to The Way you generalized pre-18er's as not being able to make any good decisions for themselves. kids are smarter than you think. and there are definitely enough adults that make bad decisions too. where i live, people go 110 down a 65 mph road, or floor the accelerator to get past you before you can take a turn. or those who will cut you in line on a ski lift, or push you down and trample you to get a convention ticket(yes, these are personal experiences of mine). Everyone of any age, race or gender makes bad decisions, not just 13 and 14 year olds.

If that was not your intent, I apologize For my angry post.
    Last edited by chilepepper101; January 21st, 2021 at 02:05 PM.

played clash of clans for 3 years...or was it 4? Signature courtesy of terminus prime and his shop
    my main account: https://www.clash.ninja/stats-tracke...ctor-9990lcc2p
    my clan thread: https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...nation-clan%21

You obviously haven't bothered to read the original post, let alone any of the responses. Of course you're entitled to your opinion. However, there are many who don't share that opinion, and that's what this post is about...

Forum Superstar
    Is this sarcasm?

If not then you must not pay attention in real life where men, women and children in any age are scammed all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Tollboothwillie View Post
    Is this sarcasm?

If not then you must not pay attention in real life where men, women and children in any age are scammed all the time.
    I remember several years ago someone dug into all the "male enhancement" spam that plagued everyone's email. After all, enough people were buying it to make it worth the effort to spam - so who was buying this junk?

Two things I remember: one, that spam is so cheap to send that you need only an extremely low response rate to justify the cost. And two, the most common profile of people that responded? Older, male, CEOs of companies. Not kids.

Clash of Stats: #L8CCQ8UJ | #PP0R9VGJR
    Thanks to TerMinus Prime for the awesome sig/avatar!
    Forum Titles | About Reputation | Reputation Dots | Images | War Base Order

Quote Originally Posted by Kaptain Kat View Post
    That being said. Now about the purchase receipt.
    The purchase history on my Apple ID goes back to the year I first had an Apple device and ID. Thatís quite a few years but for security reasons I wonít say how long exactly. So digging up that first receipt is quite possible.
    lets face it. The first receipt or at least an old one is more reliable in proving youíre the original owner of the account then the last one, isnít it ?
    But when you have 20 accounts on a several devices (3-6 different Apple IDs) that you have interchangeably bought gems and packs on over the years, now try answering that question. Itís completely impossible.

Bottom line, I totally get what youíre saying overall and hopefully if my email address ever changes Iíll get a great support agent. But the horror stories donít instill confidence, and the only point of my reply is to hammer home the point to Supercell that THEY really should come up with a better way of authenticating accounts, and f2a would be an obvious improvement.