Page 15 of 28 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: How 'secure' is SCID?

Quote Originally Posted by Thegreatpuma View Post
    Never had that - but I don't doubt it happens. Banks that I deal with have a spoken "passphrase" that I set. They ask me for it, I tell them. Boom done. Questions like the ones above that can be determined by simply accessing my account online seem like a very bad idea.
    And if someone did place a listening device in your house, they would know the passphrase. (Just an example for the rest below on how your security can get compromised)
    Like a keylogger on a computer, or infos given away for free on social media.
    Last edited by Luicetarro; January 19th, 2021 at 10:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Thegreatpuma View Post
    The primary issue is, Darian, that many people don't realize that the date they started playing clash is any sort of "account information". What date I bought gems seems rather innocuous too. Other things that apparently supercell is using to identify whether or not the requestor owns the account also seems benign to most players. Now you can say ignorance is the fault of the user, but where is this information available? Where can I find out that the date I created my account should NEVER be shared? The only place I know of is here, and I have certainly never seen a comprehensive list.

This is a problem.

The solution to this is allowing people to configure account recovery questions on their own, or as others have suggested Two Factor Auth using a phone number. If I setup account recovery questions, it's abundantly clear that sharing this information is bad.

I mean, if I was to lose access to my email, I would have no idea how to answer most of the questions I have heard SC uses to identify account owners. And there is no way I will request that information as it appears I risk being banned for simply asking questions about my account. I mean can you promise that I would not get a permanent ban for asking these questions about my account?
    I totally agree with this, it's hard to remember those kinds of things to be able to prove your ownership, I have also seen somewhere where they ask for the account level, jeez man, yes there is a clash of stats but seriously, that blue thing does nothing but to hang there on the top left of the screen for nothing (as I'm typing this right now I honestly have no idea the level of my village/account/profile). And I'm about to ask the support (having second thoughts now) after reading this thread about my account information, but I do share the frustration as I may not be able to answer these hilarious questions

Another thing is the receipt, first purchase? jeez man, I'm using 1 email account for my visa card on all my CoC account purchases, I have no idea which is which (its 1 to many, so I have a bunch of receipt from different purchases from different villages),what if I show a wrong receipt recovering/asking for information for a specific account? the receipt doesn't even show the player tag where the purchase has been done into, will they accept all the receipt and check each one of them?, I don't feel comfortable asking any account related things from support as of now because of these stuffs, what if I answered it wrong?

The only viable things for verification I've seen so far that I agree are 2FA and creating your own security question/answer for recovering and asking for your account information.

Village level, first purchase receipt, account creation date, seriously?
    Last edited by maximooze007; January 20th, 2021 at 02:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by maximooze007 View Post
    I totally agree with this, it's hard to remember those kinds of things to be able to prove your ownership, I have also seen somewhere where they ask for the account level, jeez man, yes there is a clash of stats but seriously, that blue thing does nothing but to hang there on the top left of the screen for nothing (as I'm typing this right now I honestly have no idea the level of my village/account/profile). And I'm about to ask the support (having second thoughts now) after reading this thread about my account information, but I do share the frustration as I may not be able to answer these hilarious questions

Another thing is the receipt, first purchase? jeez man, I'm using 1 email account for my visa card on all my CoC account purchases, I have no idea which is which (its 1 to many, so I have a bunch of receipt from different purchases from different villages),what if I show a wrong receipt recovering/asking for information for a specific account? the receipt doesn't even show the player tag where the purchase has been done into, will they accept all the receipt and check each one of them?, I don't feel comfortable asking any account related things from support as of now because of these stuffs, what if I answered it wrong?

The only viable things for verification I've seen so far that I agree are 2FA and creating your own security question/answer for recovering and asking for your account information.

Village level, first purchase receipt, account creation date, seriously?
    Fun fact: apparently Ďlast magic item usedí and Ďlast building upgradedí are also questions used during account recovery - even after the person trying to recover the account has mentioned that it has been 2 YEARS since he/she accessed the account. Like, how the heck is anyone supposed to know that?

Quote Originally Posted by WorldDutch View Post
    Fun fact: apparently ‘last magic item used’ and ‘last building upgraded’ are also questions used during account recovery - even after the person trying to recover the account has mentioned that it has been 2 YEARS since he/she accessed the account. Like, how the heck is anyone supposed to know that?
    Seriously? why not also ask the last obstacle you removed, and ask whether there was a snow on top of it? I won't be surprised if they ask how many grasses are currently spawned on your builder base or when was the last time you get a 3 star using a level 4 barbarian?

Good thing Gmail never asked for the 5,425th letter that you typed on an email that has been successfully sent in a 2nd quarter of the year for authentication inquiries.

No wonder why this thread has spawned.
    Last edited by maximooze007; January 20th, 2021 at 02:40 AM.

Centennial Club
    Acc recovery ask a lot of different questions Iím guessing it depends who the service agent actually is. Iíve recovered multiple accounts for various reasons (lost email access damaged devices etc ) most recently I recovered a max 13 and the questions were as I would expect for recovery of such an account creation date (month/year) xp level, account name and tag, clan which the account is in and the first ever purchase receipt all of which I was easily able to provide. But when I recovered a th8 off a max 13 🤦🏻♥♂️ I had no such info and just told them to check the IP address and device that the acc has been used on and it will match the th13 which I contacted them off and this seemed to suffice for the lower th. Whether or not they actually did or just figured itís only a th8 🤷♥♂️ I think most get banned due to not knowing the particulars of their account, canít blame supercell for banning for phishing if you donít know when and where you made the account 😂

Quote Originally Posted by Oliver81 View Post
    <snip> I think most get banned due to not knowing the particulars of their account, can’t blame supercell for banning for phishing if you don’t know when and where you made the account
    I have quite a few accounts by now, even a few minis without their own Google or Apple account (due to SCID). The receipt for the first purchase on the first account is easily doable for me, just like the start date, but for the other accounts? When buying several gold passes, should I keep a list of which time the purchase was made for which account? SC doesn't, Google doesn't (in the information I get myself when purchasing)....

And as for creation: I might very well have made one or a few accounts when I was at a relative's house when we were doing CoC stuff with my relatives who have accounts too... and no, I wouldn't remember that 5 years and 20+ accounts later. So then I should be banned if anything goes wrong with an account, or - as the origin of this thread states - if my account falls into the wrong hands and I try to give proof of ownership to get my account back ... ?
    Last edited by JusMe; January 20th, 2021 at 11:34 AM.

7.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #147
    Quote Originally Posted by JusMe View Post
    I have quite a few accounts by now, even a few minis without their own Google or Apple account (due to SCID). The receipt for the first purchase on the first account is easily doable for me, just like the start date, but for the other accounts? When buying several gold passes, should I keep a list of which time the purchase was made for which account? SC doesn't, Google doesn't (in the information I get myself when purchasing)....

And as for creation: I might very well have made one or a few accounts when I was at a relative's house when we were doing CoC stuff with my relatives who have accounts too... and no, I wouldn't remember that 5 years and 20+ accounts later. So then I should be banned if anything goes wrong with an account, or - as the origin of this thread states - if my account falls into the wrong hands and I try to give proof of ownership to get my account back ... ?

We can generally tell the difference between compromised accounts and accounts that have been up to suspicious activity, like account sharing or accounts that have been sold/bought.
    AKA Tank Puppy
    https://twitter.com/Devourlick

If you have account-related questions like account bans or Supercell ID issues, please contact Player Support at this link. Please note that Community Managers and Forum Moderators are unable to assist or answer any account-related questions.

wow? where my post?

Is it too open in explaining an error or is there an error in my post?
    Last edited by Fajri; January 20th, 2021 at 01:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fajri View Post
    wow? where my post?

Is it too open in explaining an error or is there an error in my post?
    Well you can find it from your profile and also the explanation

Quote Originally Posted by darpan2704coc View Post
    Well you can find it from your profile and also the explanation
    nothing at all, I replied to this post, reloaded, and it's still there, after half an hour, I checked again, and it's gone.

#2YRUVLQ

TH 13 & BB 9 | Level 272 | 75/75/50/20/30 Hero | 94/97 Achievements
    Highest Trophy : (TH)4190 & (BH)5123 | 1,680,589 Donations