Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 19272829

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: How 'secure' is SCID?

1.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #281
    Quote Originally Posted by Herries View Post
    Yip, accounts details are safe in my little Black Book. Another question is, if I change passwords to those accounts after phone was stolen, will the thief loose access to them even if it is set to "Remember"?
    They don't have passwords. If the thief gets into the phone, then they will have access to the accounts - though in most cases I would expect a thief to just wipe the phone in order to sell it.

But you really do want them set to "remember" otherwise you lose the main benefit of SCID which is being able to switch between accounts quickly.

Thanks, my concern bar is raised 100% by reading this thread. Hopefully I never fall victim to scammers out there.

3.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #283
    Quote Originally Posted by Herries View Post
    Thanks, my concern bar is raised 100% by reading this thread. Hopefully I never fall victim to scammers out there.
    Once you have SCID set up, you can't. They scam people who haven't yet got it set up.

Trainee
    Cant find my previous reply made few hours ago. It was about hijacked account, finally got it back. Now im trying to get our 7 year old clan back. Support agents wants leader to message them, tried twice and both conversations were closed before any details were asked.

Tollboothwillie
    Quote Originally Posted by Ic3 View Post
    Cant find my previous reply made few hours ago. It was about hijacked account, finally got it back. Now im trying to get our 7 year old clan back. Support agents wants leader to message them, tried twice and both conversations were closed before any details were asked.
    Do you mean this one?
    https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...1#post12776206

My guess is it was moved to the appropriate thread so your not hijacking someone else's thread. You can look in your profile for your posts or threads started if you don't know where they are.
    Last edited by Tollboothwillie; March 23rd, 2021 at 06:06 PM.

Darian,

With 2 factor it is NOT every time you log on - it is when logging on from a new device or making a change to the account such as changing email etc. VERY simple to add this and would eliminate people stealing an entire clan worth of bases (this really happens) and NO not from someone giving their start date in a chat. One of my oldest members of Lethal had this happen and the theif also stole his clan he had a streak of over 100 in. The entire thing was very upsetting to see so many bases stolen and they were scid’d I use to think once scid it was safe from unscrupulous people. Not the case.

Only a few of the people’s bases were recovered with help from SC support. The clan was never recovered. Despite the account that was leader at time of theft being recovered. The thief changed leader to a Brand new TH 3 and my clan mate lost his clan.

There was nothing done careless - this clan and players were targeted due to their streak - NO sharing of information ever happened.

SC should add a simple 2 factor with the players phone for any account changes. Would be the simplest of implementations - as you said people change jobs etc. But 2 factor goes to their mobile phone with a code - if they are changing jobs etc. they can go to update email and have to confirm with a code to their cell. This would give all of us peace of mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Darian[Supercell] View Post
    So if a player gets fired from their job and loses access to their email address they registered, we have to force them to wait a month before they can play again? That's not a very efficient way of doing things.

One of the challenges about adding extra security to SCID is that we also have to balance between convenience and ease of use. For example, if we added a 2-Factor Authorization system for every time you logged in to your account, this would be incredibly troublesome to those who have multiple accounts. One of the whole points of the SCID system is to allow you to swap between multiple accounts quickly as easily. If you had to verify your account through a 2FA app every single time you switched accounts, this would be a monstrous time consuming task for people with multiple accounts.

The system has to be streamlined enough to allow players to get into the game as quickly as possible and swap between accounts as easily as possible. It should also allow players who can verify their information to manage that account as well. As long as people are secure in their data hygiene, there is no issue.

Again, we could add a million layers of security. But we can't control how careless people are with their own information. There is NOTHING we can do about that.

Lethal Relic - Leader of Lethal Demise #9QJJU9J8
    Level 23!!!

Click Here to join the Lethal Family of Clans

Quote Originally Posted by Darian[Supercell] View Post
    The biggest reason people lose their accounts is due to social engineering. Accounts do not get hacked, but they do get phished or stolen when players fall for scams. One of the most common scams is when someone offers to "give away" their high level account to someone and ask for someone's email address to that account. That scammer will then bind that player's account to a Supercell ID because once your account is attached to a Supercell ID, it becomes very difficult to steal it.

Supercell ID in itself is quite secure. But like any computer system, it is only as secure as the person maintaining that security. Scammers and phishers are very, very, very clever. Most people don't realize just how much information they publicly share. Do you think some random Clasher on Facebook creates a post saying "Who has the oldest account? Post your start date here!" is doing it just for fun? All those hundreds of people who reply to it with their account creation date just gave that person key pieces of information required to steal an account.

No matter how secure Supercell ID is, we cannot prevent people from voluntarily giving away their account information. And that is the biggest weakness of any security system. This isn't just isolated to Supercell ID. It's ubiquitous throughout the gaming industry, tech industry, government, etc. Information security is one of the most lucrative jobs because the general population has no idea just how much information they share publicly.

Whenever we hear stories about "loopholes" in our account recovery process or security system, all it does bring to light is just how willingly people are with sharing just enough information where a scammer can overtake an account.

One big one is when multiple people in a Clan share a single account for purposes of doing each other's Clan War attacks. This is quite common in many social multiplayer games, and isn't isolated to Clash of Clans. Now, one of these players perhaps has been really lax in maintaining strict security over their device. Or perhaps they use an emulator and didn't realize they had a keylogger on their system. So now some third party is able to steal the account.

We can only create a secure system that works as long as everyone protects their information. But there is no 100% way to protect against people's...carelessness.

My account name is "Rakib"
    #Code is - #2UJCC00GC
    Townhall 14

Please help me to recover my account please , i have been trying to contact in game support for the past one month and havent got any human assistance, please help me to recover my account. In game support only lets me talk to OTTO and he never recoveres my account. Please help me or do something or put me in a conversation with someone who can solve my problem please. I want to directly contact a human not any bot please help.

8.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #288
    Quote Originally Posted by Badbeastplayz View Post
    #Code is - #2UJCC00GC
    Townhall 14

Please help me to recover my account please , i have been trying to contact in game support for the past one month and havent got any human assistance, please help me to recover my account. In game support only lets me talk to OTTO and he never recoveres my account. Please help me or do something or put me in a conversation with someone who can solve my problem please. I want to directly contact a human not any bot please help.
    I'm afraid nobody here has any ability to help you.

Even Darian does not have access to the game files, and the rest of us are all just players like yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Badbeastplayz View Post
    #Code is - #2UJCC00GC
    Townhall 14

I am too suffering from this problem since 1 week , i deleted my th13 account gmail myself to be away from clash exams for 2 months due to my final exams but now exams are cancelled due to covid , i have trying since 1 week to recover my account otto bot always ends conversation and
    Supercell mail tell me to contact in game
    Now where do i get help from ?
    Last edited by Deedman; May 13th, 2021 at 02:51 PM. Reason: Typing error