Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Bring New Rules To CWL

Quote Originally Posted by Kaledonian View Post
    Lots of people saying this is a good idea, but there's precious little of why it's such a good idea.

What is it setting out the achieve; what is the actual problem, if any?

If it's to counter higher level players or clans sandbagging in lower leagues, how is this going to prevent it?

What am I missing?
    I dont care what they do, as my original post within the thread states..
    But there are those that do, so is a compromise.
    Same as self matchers with streaker clans.. Not many care, but it does impact on those that do have more of an invested interest.

How does it impact them?.. It takes away some of the prestige of competing for continued presence within Champ 1..
    Some of those clans may never have actually competed at Champ 1 status, just simply parked the bus after promotion from Champ 2..
    Is way above my level, but reports suggest there is a vast difference in skill between Champ 1 and 2.

Of course it doesnt stop anyone from playing in a lower league.. But that isnt the concern of OP.. His concern is Champ 1 clans not actively retaining their status.

sorry, but its probably not going to happen.

played clash of clans for 3 years...or was it 4? Signature courtesy of terminus prime and his shop
    my main account: https://www.clash.ninja/stats-tracke...ctor-9990lcc2p
    my clan thread: https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...nation-clan%21

Forum Superstar
    Quote Originally Posted by Thegreatpuma View Post
    Read the OP:

It seems he's concerned about Champs 1 "squatters" so to speak.

I personally don't think it's really an issue, but would be agreeable to a few of the alternatives mentioned.
    Not your finest moment puma.

My post was about "why & it was aimed at those in agreement.

Telling me to read the OP (which hasn't been taken well chez Kal), followed by your interpretation of the OP & concluding with your agreeability to some solutions (to something that isn't really an issue for you) does not cover anything I asked in my post.

So again, why is it an issue (or not, if that's your position)? What does it aim to achieve?

To clarify, is it about sandbagging or is it just about status?

Forum Superstar
    Quote Originally Posted by joshsgrandad View Post
    I dont care what they do, as my original post within the thread states..
    But there are those that do, so is a compromise.
    Same as self matchers with streaker clans.. Not many care, but it does impact on those that do have more of an invested interest.

How does it impact them?.. It takes away some of the prestige of competing for continued presence within Champ 1..
    Some of those clans may never have actually competed at Champ 1 status, just simply parked the bus after promotion from Champ 2..
    Is way above my level, but reports suggest there is a vast difference in skill between Champ 1 and 2.

Of course it doesnt stop anyone from playing in a lower league.. But that isnt the concern of OP.. His concern is Champ 1 clans not actively retaining their status.
    If it's just about status and/or badges, I really don't care!

If it's about higher level players parking their clan, then operating individually or as a clan in lower leagues, I'm struggling to see how this would actually help.

I don't know, but I suspect that most elite players and clans are competing at their appropriate level. If any are operating lower down in backup clans, then that's because the medal rewards can and do encourage sandbagging.

If it's purely about status, therefore a vanity issue for a very few, I don't think demotion would be great TBH. Some clans would, inevitably, want to regain their status, this has the potential to deny some clans promotion or even lead to others being relegated. Forcing nontrivial amounts of weight into a lower league, would have a ripple effect down through the leagues, would be unlikely to have positive outcomes.

I like Tosti's take, but even then I don't see that it's worth the effort involved.

Forum Elder

If it's about higher level players parking their clan, then operating individually or as a clan in lower leagues, I'm struggling to see how this would actually help.

I don't know, but I suspect that most elite players and clans are competing at their appropriate level. If any are operating lower down in backup clans, then that's because the medal rewards can and do encourage sandbagging.

If it's purely about status, therefore a vanity issue for a very few, I don't think demotion would be great TBH. Some clans would, inevitably, want to regain their status, this has the potential to deny some clans promotion or even lead to others being relegated. Forcing nontrivial amounts of weight into a lower league, would have a ripple effect down through the leagues, would be unlikely to have positive outcomes.

I like Tosti's take, but even then I don't see that it's worth the effort involved.
    Agreed. My suggestion was intended as a better solution to the problem than what was originally suggested.

Like you and many others, I see this more as a solution in search of a problem.
    OP Defense: Any defense the poster doest’t like or know how to work around, nullifies their attack or denies them their rightful three star.

Elite status aka Champ 1, same as the top streaker clans, is as much about vanity as accomplishment in my view..
    How many Champ 1 clans realistically have a shot at being world champions?
    So best they can do is show the world they are at the top of the tree, even if not on the highest branch.

I am usually pulled in two directions with the nerf squad for the same reason..
    Do they really want a more competitive balance in order to have more fun..
    Or is that also vanity, in that far fewer players would be able to achieve a somewhat same level of success.

But I am having a good day..
    And on a good day, I am fine with diversity and equality..
    I dont want more skilful clans being pushed down to my level, since that will directly affect my fun..
    But I am okay with something such as a blank sheet in their cwl war log, that the elitists can use to cast doubt on someone's credibility..

Of course, tomorrow I may be back to why?.. And who cares?.
    Last edited by joshsgrandad; January 22nd, 2021 at 10:27 PM.

I suspect the perceived "problem" is they go form a new clan, get placed in Masters1, destroy everyone, get moved up to Champs3, destroy everyone, get moved up to Champs2 and likely win that one too. In other words, the clans in Masters1 that are trying hard to get promoted, place high, etc. aren't facing other Masters1 clans, they are facing a Champs1 clan that left their badge on their other clan and formed a new one. As a Masters1 clan that has been fighting for over a year to get promoted, I would not at all enjoy being matched up with that Champs1 clan pretending to be a Masters1 clan for that month. Do I lose any sleep about it? No, but I can see where OP is coming from.

Contact SC here. Click here for how trophies are calculated. Click here to see how war map placement of max halls is determined. An idea to improve legends here. I wish max players had a separate loot bank as described here. Caution, I often discuss for the sake of discussion and enjoy having my opinion challenged (or approved of) even when I care little about the actual issue. My balance wish: get rid of tornado trap, make it a decoration.

Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by 2222 View Post
    I suspect the perceived "problem" is they go form a new clan, get placed in Masters1, destroy everyone, get moved up to Champs3, destroy everyone, get moved up to Champs2 and likely win that one too. In other words, the clans in Masters1 that are trying hard to get promoted, place high, etc. aren't facing other Masters1 clans, they are facing a Champs1 clan that left their badge on their other clan and formed a new one. As a Masters1 clan that has been fighting for over a year to get promoted, I would not at all enjoy being matched up with that Champs1 clan pretending to be a Masters1 clan for that month. Do I lose any sleep about it? No, but I can see where OP is coming from.
    If that truly is the issue, no amount of demoting or losing the history is going to fix that.

The driver for that behaviour is not about holding onto an achievement, it is about not being able to cope with a universe in which you dont win all the time. Sadly, there is a number of folks out there who fall into this category.
    OP Defense: Any defense the poster doest’t like or know how to work around, nullifies their attack or denies them their rightful three star.

Quote Originally Posted by Tosti111 View Post
    If that truly is the issue, no amount of demoting or losing the history is going to fix that.

The driver for that behaviour is not about holding onto an achievement, it is about not being able to cope with a universe in which you dont win all the time. Sadly, there is a number of folks out there who fall into this category.
    I agree with this too..
    I took it that OP didnt want anyone to retain that status without repeatedly proving they belonged with the elite..
    Which is more a vanity issue.

If it is to try and prevent them from repeatedly moving from M1 up to CH1 in a wash/rinse cycle, then nothing is going to stop that..
    At worst, it would be alternate seasons whereby they crush 7 wannabe clans then do the jump from Champ 2 to Champ 1 every other month.

It has been discussed over and over how to prevent clans from competing below their level, and has been shown nothing can be done with clans that are only interested in winning, and not prizes.

Quote Originally Posted by Thegreatpuma View Post
    Is this really an issue? Are there a lot of Ch1 clans who lose members and then decide to not do CWL?
    Clans in Champs 1 with lower TH level is a big issue during World Championship Months.There have been months where 8 out of the Top 10 clans had one or more clans with lower TH levels in their group.
    Only a few of these clans purposely put lower TH base to mess up the rankings. Most does it cause they lost members. Forcing clans to do CWL in Champs 1 will certainly increase this number.
    Even if the number clans is just 20-25 out of 500. Its still a big issue.
    This new rule which OP speaks of is not worth it and it will create more problems than it would solve.

Another reason why this is not a good idea from the perspective from a Champs 1 clan:
    I lead a Champs 1 clan. We also have another clan in Champs 1 which we only use for CWL and our main team does CWL in this clan.
    We don't do CWL in main Champs 1 Clan. It's because we have to do other leagues and Esports war in main clan during CWL week and one cannot do CWL+ Friendly War in the same clan.

There are months where our schedule is too busy during CWL week ,with us having to do multiple 24hr League Wars and Esport wars that we skip Champs 1 CWL altogether for that month and do casual CWL in our Champs 2 clan.
    We cannot do Champs 1 CWL as well as two or more league wars at the same time as our members have real life jobs/college as well. We put in time and effort in planning all of our war attacks and having to plan 3+ war hits everyday through the week is not something all of our members can do.
    For us CWL takes priority only if its either World Championship month or if we don't have other league wars planned during the CWL week.
    We would like to keep the choice of deciding our priority.
    Last edited by Rak2180; January 23rd, 2021 at 06:39 AM.

Great minds think alike,but fools seldom differ.

Youtube : Rak Gaming CoC
    Twitter : @Rak_coc
    Discord: Rak#2304