Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: XP Level

1.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #21
    Quote Originally Posted by PavleBiber View Post
    Imagine that there is none of that, but that you pay 5 dollars for every attack you do ��������
    What a pointless thing to imagine.

You appear to have entirely missed the point he was making - which is that most of the things SC introduces to the game are to the benefit of the players, and here you are saying they "sometimes" should be.

I fear the proposal would encourage even more botting. Botting of donations and botting on the goblin map. I'd rather people get gems for actually playing, which XP isn't not necessarily reflective of.

Contact SC here. Click here for how trophies are calculated. Click here to see how war map placement of max halls is determined. An idea to improve legends here. I wish max players had a separate loot bank as described here. Caution, I often discuss for the sake of discussion and enjoy having my opinion challenged (or approved of) even when I care little about the actual issue. My balance wish: get rid of tornado trap, make it a decoration.

New Bloke/Chick
    Quote Originally Posted by Bito1 View Post
    I like the idea. You get xp through upgrades, giving troops to clanmates, achievements and destroyed townhalls. All good things. The point with long time players is a problem. I would say it's best to give them all the gems of their levels.
    Yes you can donate troops but how about "donate the right troops"? - xp gained in this aspect is based in housing space, not based on what other clan members really need, if you want to inflate your XP just donate a troop with high HS or CC capacity even if they dont need it. And it is more common and easy to do if you want an XP buff.

"What if they did not ask for anything" sometimes what i do is i take the effort to visit his/her base and check what army composition he have cooked and cook a troop based on the army he/she cooked.

You can destroy TH but how about destroy the whole base? - xp can be gained by sniping the TH. Although nowadays are rare.

XP inflation is a problem and another problem aside from player time is the TH Lvl. TH 2 quest to max the base is not the same as a TH 10 for example. So how or why do they need those bunch of rewards if that TH 2 reached 500 if all he/she does is donate barbs? And not progressing normally. (Again for example). And besides, the way TH2 'value' those rewards is not the same as a 'TH 10' player.
    Last edited by JIN2020; January 18th, 2021 at 12:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JIN2020 View Post
    Yes you can donate troops but how about "donate the right troops"? - xp gained in this aspect is based in housing space, not based on what other clan members really need, if you want to inflate your XP just donate a troop with high HS or CC capacity even if they dont need it. And it is more common and easy to do if you want an XP buff.

"What if they did not ask for anything" sometimes what i do is i take the effort to visit his/her base and check what army composition he have cooked and cook a troop based on the army he/she cooked.

You can destroy TH but how about destroy the whole base? - xp can be gained by sniping the TH. Although nowadays are rare.

XP inflation is a problem and another problem aside from player time is the TH Lvl. TH 2 quest to max the base is not the same as a TH 10 for example. So how or why do they need those bunch of rewards if that TH 2 reached 500 if all he/she does is donate barbs? And not progressing normally. (Again for example). And besides, the way TH2 'value' those rewards is not the same as a 'TH 10' player.
    You can select the troops you want, so they can just give you the troops you want.

If somebody don't ask for anything, that's his/her problem. The game makes more fun with cc troops and there are a lot of clans with members who ask for the troops. In my opinion it's a bigger problem, that a lot if players don't donate troops because they just get xp.

Your third point is good. For destroying the hole base, it should give more xp than only for thr th.

I don't think it makes fun for anyone to reach lvl 500 with th2. There are other reasons like cwl or normal trophies, supertroops and missions in the pass or the clan games to upgrade to a new townhall.

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    What a pointless thing to imagine.

You appear to have entirely missed the point he was making - which is that most of the things SC introduces to the game are to the benefit of the players, and here you are saying they "sometimes" should be.
    My goal is that there are no meaningless and unnecessary things in the game (like xp), what supercell throws in shouldn't go to heaven because that's what the game is for, they wouldn't throw in if they didn't make money from it all. And if the problem is to be a jewel prize, then you can also add a decoration for 100lvl-150lvl-200lvl-250lvl ... and so up to 500 at 50 levels you get some decoration, they get it anyway, I think up to 75lvl, it's just to raise it to 500 and that's it it is not useless

My goal is that there are no meaningless and unnecessary things in the game (like xp), what supercell throws in shouldn't go to heaven because that's what the game is for, they wouldn't throw in if they didn't make money from it all. And if the problem is to be a jewel prize, then you can also add a decoration for 100lvl-150lvl-200lvl-250lvl ... and so up to 500 at 50 levels you get some decoration, they get it anyway, I think up to 75lvl, it's just to raise it to 500 and that's it it is not useless
    There are lots of people for whom XP is very meaningful. Some care so much about it, they even cheat to increase it.

Contact SC here. Click here for how trophies are calculated. Click here to see how war map placement of max halls is determined. An idea to improve legends here. I wish max players had a separate loot bank as described here. Caution, I often discuss for the sake of discussion and enjoy having my opinion challenged (or approved of) even when I care little about the actual issue. My balance wish: get rid of tornado trap, make it a decoration.

Forum Superstar
    You need to step back & consider the consequences. By giving "value" to XP for the sake of it, so that it's not "meaningless" isn't so simple. It would just encourage people to cheat, or be inconsiderate or selfish when donating.

Right now XP is harmless because almost everyone* doesn't care about it. Make it desirable & people's behaviour will change, usually for the worse.

*there are exceptions as 2222 points out.

Forum Superstar
    Please explain the meaning of xp then. I posted a quote from my previous post with a link that has th6s with over 200 xp. You can even use that site and see th3s that are over 200 xp. So please explain what use does xp have? You keep digging your heals in that your idea is feasible but it's not at this stage of the game. IMO even a decoration is a waste of dev time for the same reason.

XP might have started as useful in tracking a players progress but it is out of control now where it's not useful. Some might use as a quick indicator of base progress but ultimately still need to look at their base.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tollboothwillie View Post
    Are these th6s considered stronger than a th12 that is under 250xp? This link shows why exp is pointless and shouldn't give any types of rewards for reaching any level.
    https://www.clashofstats.com/ranking...vel/global/6/1
    Last edited by Tollboothwillie; January 18th, 2021 at 02:33 PM.

9.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #29
    The issue with that is that XP is so easily abused that any sort of meaning to it, whether that be gems or decorations, or anything else would cause massive such abuse.

Though as 2222 says, there are already people for whom it has enough meaning for them to abuse it, even cheat in some cases, just to increase a meaningless stat. Can you imagine how much worse that would be if there were anything more tangible as a reward?

XP has been all but meaningless for years, it really won't benefit anybody to add meaning now. I suspect that when SC first created the game, they intended it to have some real meaning, but then changed their minds and never removed it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    The issue with that is that XP is so easily abused that any sort of meaning to it, whether that be gems or decorations, or anything else would cause massive such abuse.

Though as 2222 says, there are already people for whom it has enough meaning for them to abuse it, even cheat in some cases, just to increase a meaningless stat. Can you imagine how much worse that would be if there were anything more tangible as a reward?

XP has been all but meaningless for years, it really won't benefit anybody to add meaning now. I suspect that when SC first created the game, they intended it to have some real meaning, but then changed their minds and never removed it.
    I understand that it can be abused, but it can also be removed from getting xp.points for donation, but xp is only obtained by attacking in multiplayer and database upgrade, it cannot be used, now xp is obtained in several ways because it is useless and thus encourages individual players to cheat, if xp winnings were limited the other way it would be a different look at it, even if they don't plan to insert xp rewards you should definitely consider how to get xp points to reduce cheating